Author Topic: Ultimate Stunters Main SCM  (Read 278052 times)

Offline Boo

• Veteran Member
  • I'm back, and I'm gonna stunt :(
    • View Profile
Ultimate Stunters Main SCM
« Reply #480 on: April 14, 2007, 11:08:21 AM »
Make half keyboard half gamepad thing so we can rly change weather, stop time... and add 2nd teleport location.

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 14, 2007, 12:03:41 PM »
Quote from: Dannye
About the 4 teleporter points, would people actually want that?
I would
But honestly, it'd only give us more freedom, when i do a P2B i usually have a teleport point for a good set-up so if i'm starting to not get any good bumps at all i teleport back to a good position and then there's one for the start of the run-up of course.
Now if i want to take a break from that stunt and try something else i have to jetpack, perhaps across the whole town and then overwrite one of the teleport points i need

Online Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 14, 2007, 05:47:19 PM »
Quote from: Brainkiller
I fail to see why the Gamepad version lacks a million features that the Keyboard version has

Seriously dude  I need to be able to change weather and stop clock and everything

I agree 100%. I never could understand why Aries didn't want all that stuff (since I don't have a gamepad I went to him to get advice regarding keypresses that would be usable on gamepads). I always thought it was disapointing how I had all these useful features, but so many people (the gamepad stunters) could not use them.

I would be quite happy to work with you gamepad users to include all of the functions in the gamepad version (or most of them).

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 14, 2007, 05:49:34 PM »
Yeah I want the features as well now Dannye

Online Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 14, 2007, 06:23:14 PM »
Well I am gonna need your guys's help in figuring out what keypress (combos) to use and stuff. Here's a list showing all the features and their gamepad controls (the ones left blank are the ones that are currently not in the gamepad verison, and thus they are the ones we need to come up with ideas for)...
  • Spawner 1 = Enter/Exit + Previous Weapon
  • Spawner 2 = Enter/Exit + Next Weapon
  • Remember Car = Horn + Submission
  • Flip Car = Look Left  + Look Right
  • Me To Car = Enter/Exit + Shoot
  • Car To Me = Look Behind
  • Ghost Town Toggle = Crouch
  • Player Vulnerable Toggle = Change Camera
  • Weather Changer = ???
  • Freeze Time Toggle = ???
  • Water Respawn = ???
  • Jetpack Toggle = Aim + Enter/Exit
  • Wanted Level Changer = ???
  • Car Colour Changer = ???
  • Car Vulnerable Toggle = ???
  • (SA ONLY) Refresh NOS = Trip Skip
  • TP Save (Foot) = (Location 1) ??? (Location 2) ???
  • TP Load (Foot) = (Location 1) Jump + Previous Weapon (Location 2) ???
  • TP Save (Car) = (Location 1) Shoot + Radio (Location 2) ???
  • TP Load (Car) = (Location 1) Hbrake + Radio (Location 2) ???
The important thing is trying to come up with control ideas for these ??? ones, but if you have ideas for the others that you are pretty confident are better than the current setup, you can let me know of them too.  Try to keep in mind that for multi-button combos you want buttons that are confortable (+possible) to press at the same time on a gamepad. I realise we have the issue of people having different gamepad key definitions, so something may be good for one person but not another, there's not really any way around this, lets just hope most of you have a similar setup.

For a list of possible controls, go here --->
(VC) http://vc-db.webtools4you.net/?search=00E1&show=all
(as you can see, you are defining them in terms of GTA functions, NOT actual specific buttons)

In regards to the teleporter controls, I like the idea of having similar controls for Location 1 and 2 (with just one difference), and similar controls for Save and Load (with just one difference). And thus, using TP Save/Load Car...
* TP Save (Car) = (Location 1) Shoot + Radio (Location 2) Shoot + <X>
* TP Load (Car) = (Location 1) Hbrake + Radio (Location 2) Hbrake + <X>
(where X is the same in both cases, and can be anything except radio)
... you see what I am getting at?
[None of that is really necessary, but I like the idea, as it makes the teleporter buttons easier to remember]
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 06:29:54 PM by Dannye »

Offline bj070893

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.barbie.com/
« Reply #485 on: April 16, 2007, 09:19:15 AM »
I'll give you some combos that I think are suitable later

Offline Brainkiller

• Narkissos
  • Veteran Member
  • Twisted Metal Stunters
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 16, 2007, 10:59:53 AM »
We can use the keyboard to change the features aswell you know Dannye?

It's no big deal using the keyboard to change the weather or something  it's not something you're gunna be doing every time you bail the stunt you are trying

Online Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 16, 2007, 05:32:59 PM »
Very good point.

Online Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 21, 2007, 12:53:30 AM »
Alright, time for another update.

I beleive earlier I spoked of two big problems with the SA version and that I was pretty sure I was going to be able to finally fix them.

Well, now I can say that they have both been fixed.

Problem (i) was regarding how I was forced to change the controls for spawning + teleporting due to differences in the scm which no longer allowed me to say things like "is player pressing left" or "is player pressing right". A solution has been implemented to fix this, and while I was testing it last night, everything appeared to be working great. So now your controls in the SA version will be exactly the same as what you are used to in VC/LC.

Problem (ii) was regarding the jetpack in SA. Its always been a problem, because of differences in SAs engine I could no longer have a jetpack like in VC where you could do things like turn with the mouse. Anyways, thanks to some help from a guy over at gtaf, I have implemented a nice little workaround that solves the problem perfectly, and now the SA jetpack is exactly the same as the VC one - in regards to speed, movement, control, going through buildings, etc. Again, I was testing this solution last night and everything went perfectly.

So, this is good news to me. Because both of those problems have been pissing me off ever since the first release of the SA version of this mod.

I will probably release a little 'beta' scm in a few days, which will be the same as the current SA version, but will include these two new fixes, so I can possibly get some feedback from you guys to ensure it all works as its supposed to.

Till' next time...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 12:54:17 AM by Dannye »

Offline Torque

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 23, 2007, 01:19:35 PM »
Can't wait.

A small thing thats always bugged me is the camera change when you start teleporting, is there a way to get around that Dannye, and also the fact that you can't purchase any property from the start, it would be greatly appreciated if you could fix that instead of us teleporting for minutes and minutes around the 3 cities to get to where we want.

Edit: Also if you could fix the little thing, so you can teleport back to your saved location without having to get off your bike after each attempt that'd be sweet.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 02:18:27 PM by Torque »

Online Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 24, 2007, 06:00:22 AM »
Camera Issue: Haha, yeah I was sick of that myself too. And yes, I found a way to 'kinda' fix it. Unfortunately I couldnt find a way to see what the camera mode was before the press and reset the camera back to that mode afterwards. But I can do the next best thing, after each press, reset the camera to the default mode (so for anyone [me for example] who is happy with the standard camera mode then technically it will never change). [This is only a sa-thing by the way for anyone who is confused].

Property Thing: Yeah, I guess this one annoys everybody. I don't know exactly what the codes are to do it in SA (no doubt they are stupidly confusing), which is why I havent done it yet, and I really cant be bothered stepping through lines of mission code to figure it out... meh, I'll search round gtaf and maybe I'll get lucky.

Last Thing: I honestly have no idea what you are talking about  . You can do teleport loads while on/in a vehicle... is this not what you were talking about?

Offline FTO

• Veteran Member
  • I've quitted.
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
« Reply #491 on: April 25, 2007, 04:10:44 AM »
Damn,I can't download anything from FF  

another link plz

Offline Ferσή

• Wasteland Heroes
  • suck a cheetahs dick
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 25, 2007, 03:39:08 PM »
Quote from: Ferσή
Dannye is there anyway you can add a function so that you set a static vehicle spawn by pressing a few buttons? EX: You set up a tank bump and every time you go far enough for it to dissapeer, it will respawn in position as you return. It would be good for caddy bumps also, that way you dont have to set it up each time. Dont forget that this would also get rid of that annoying fucking glitch where in some spots the car dissapeers when you go so far away. If this is possible, dont replace it with the current method just please make it a differnt feature. I hope that this is possible. (Please dont laugh at me if this is not possible because I know nothing about coding)
Thanks for looking into the slow jetpack btw.
I never got a response to that so please read. If thats not possible is there anyway you can "Freeze" a vehicle so that it cant move if you try to bump it?

Offline Torque

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 25, 2007, 04:15:58 PM »
That would just be cheating Feron.

Offline Ferσή

• Wasteland Heroes
  • suck a cheetahs dick
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 25, 2007, 04:26:38 PM »
I dont really want to get into a arguement about this in Dannyes beautifull topic but I think your wrong. Mabey it would be cheating with the unmovable vehicle. But making a car spawn to bump would not be taking it over the line in anyway. And dont say cheating lol, because using teleporters is the same deal.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 04:27:16 PM by Ferσή »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal