Author Topic: If you need editing help/advice... ask and you shall receive.  (Read 16875 times)

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
Re: If you need editing help/advice... ask and you shall receive.
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2012, 01:46:09 PM »
I deleted valu's filth posts and anything related to them and I'm preparing the answers to your questions.

Offline Shingetsu

• The Dark Matter
  • Veteran Member
  • Azurex Studio
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2012, 04:08:17 AM »
i have one more question : Which is best setting render in format WMV for 30fps  ??

Offline PK

• Misanthrope
  • Satan's Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 05:01:50 AM »
1. Does the in-game resolution increase the recording quality?

2. Most editors nowadays use the Twixtor AAE plug-in or Timewarp to use slow-motion effects. I usually just record it in 90-110 fps and then slow it down via vegas. Is this a good point? Even though it won't go as slow as the rest, but it isn't THAT smooth. Any ideas on making it smoother? No RSMB please.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2012, 09:31:10 AM »
1. Does the in-game resolution increase the recording quality?

2. Most editors nowadays use the Twixtor AAE plug-in or Timewarp to use slow-motion effects. I usually just record it in 90-110 fps and then slow it down via vegas. Is this a good point? Even though it won't go as slow as the rest, but it isn't THAT smooth. Any ideas on making it smoother? No RSMB please.

Will quickly answer these questions for you, since he isn't online.

1. Yes, you're giving Fraps more data to work with. Usually you should film at the same resolution as your final video, but you could always record at a higher resolution, and then scale it down for improved quality. However, it's not necessary, as it will only yield a slight improvement. Whatever you do, make sure you render your video at the same aspect ratio as your clips; you don't want to stretch pixels if you can avoid it.

2. You can't record stunts at 90fps, because replays are locked at a maximum of 25fps in San Andreas. If Fraps is trying to capture frames that don't exist, it'll record at a lower frame rate, even though the end result will be marked as a 90fps clip. Since you're limited to 25fps, the best way to do slow motion is with Timewarp or Twixtor. A little bit of motion blur can improve the quality of the effect, but you're better off tweaking the parameters of the effect until it looks as smooth as possible. If you don't have AE, you need to slow down the clips as normal, but make sure 'frame blending' is turned on.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:34:55 AM by Shadowsniper »

Offline PK

• Misanthrope
  • Satan's Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2012, 09:50:33 AM »
but make sure 'frame blending' is turned on.

How can I lol?

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2012, 10:04:24 AM »
but make sure 'frame blending' is turned on.

How can I lol?

I think with Sony Vegas you right click your clip, go to "switches" and enable "smart resample" (you should have that off by default, otherwise your clips will look weird). I haven't used Vegas in years, so it might be under a different option.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:06:14 AM by Shadowsniper »

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2012, 02:21:35 PM »
i have one more question : Which is best setting render in format WMV for 30fps  ??

I'd say a 5mbps 1280x720 with 192kbps audio or a 9mbps 1920x1080 with 320kbps audio, whatever you prefer.

I'd like to ask, what kind of plugins for SV and AAE do you use excluding NewBlue?
Which programs do you use for audio track editing?
Which other programs/tools not cohering with games do you find useful?

Thank you for being so kind to answer :a-cheer:

I do not use NewBlue, I only use Magic Bullet Looks recently. I use Vegas for sound editing and I use FL studio for music producing.

Well I can't think of anything right now but if you want a useful tool, I'd say Audacity is a pretty nice free tool to record HQ sound using w/e mic you have.

I have one question: It seems that my videos have really low bit rate or something like that. Every time it looks really LQ'ish even with maximum render settings.

Here is some of my videos:

Separated

Vacuity

Yeah it seems like you're using around 3mbps bitrate settings which is quite bad, make sure the mode option under the "Video" tab in the render settings is set to something like Quality VBR and then go to the bitrate tab and say tick the Internet option and set it to 5 M or above.

How do you pick music? Do you pick music before the video itself because it sets a mood? Do you pick music because of the stunts or do you pick stunts that match a song?

In Clarity, when Streem lands on the ground, around 2:08 or something, both of the landings have that earthquake shock thing. I never really found a good way to do that. How did you?

Your opening texts always have background movements like in Clarity. Where do you get those or do you make them yourself? And how do you make awesome texts because I find that the hardest part of editing a video.  :(

EDIT:// Awesome topic btw. Always wanted to have an effects topic in general.

EDIT2://SKRILLEX - TheGT4sm's part

TheGT4sm nearly always uses that sort of smart blur that makes everything looks more intense and full of velocity. What is that? (I really hope you get what I mean x)  .. )

I usually edit on the music I enjoy listening to the most but of course I have the stunts in mind, if the song is too off in comparison to the stunts I usually choose different music.

The earthquake thing is a frame by frame animation in pan n' crop, I simply move the video up and down every single frame to my liking till I get the desired effect over 50 keys or something.

Making good text is all about simplicity, never use overly stylish fonts and try to always have a slight filling behind the text, whatever that is... be creative about it. Using either too small text or too large text without being annoying often delivers a professional feel when done properly. I'd say an example of that is the intro I did for SHELLSHOCKED.

SHELLSHOCKED

What's the average time you spend on a project?
What's the project you've spent the most time on?
What's your favorite video of yourself and why?
How do you think of new effects to use in your videos?

It depends on the project, I'm usually a supersonic editor and I finish things before I realize them but then with certain projects I just want to take my time and it some times gets extended up to 4 month... but I'd say my average is a week.

The project I've spent the most time on is 476. And that time is 4 month and I was working a tiny bit every day on that time.

I have two favourite videos of my self, the actual one is [UV]+ because it's the video where I crushed my limits and truly challenged my self, by an amount no one including my self could ever imagine. And also because it has a properly edited finisher, which is something I was never good at :lol:

The 2nd video is obviously The Aventador Redemption, and that is simply because its what I always wanted to do through the years and it got featured on Rockstar's official page and that just blows my mind. That video is my ultimate success so it has a place of it's own next to 476 in terms of favourites.

I think of new effects by listening to the music and imagining the video playing to it and I have enough context in my brain of this stuff to actually imagine a smooth version of what I want in my head. Usually what I imagine is very sophisticated and most of the time I can't do it but it's too good that I set it as a goal and work on it and then whatever I end up with usually does the job. Though theres an exception to that which was [UV]+ because I imagined the effects in my head and my challenge to my self is to exactly deliver that effect in the actual video, and I did so =P

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:41:01 PM by Beat »

Offline MikeyMouse

• Vladivostok Brother | Addicted To Taxi's
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2012, 03:42:10 PM »
I've always been interested in how you would go about planning a project, more specifically 476. I remember reading your notes on it about how the sections of the video were split up into the colours of the rainbow (the 4th, 7th and 6th colour), and in the opening scene there was a woman standing in the road which I only noticed after you mentioned.

It's little things like that, that really amaze me, and I was just wondering do you write down a list of everything you want to include, or draw out certain ideas, or just simply go with the flow and do things as soon as they come to your mind? Or maybe you do something completely different, who knows  :lol:.

Offline Tg

• Veteran Member
  • Sup?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2012, 04:25:11 PM »
hey, thanks for taking time to answer, but i have a question. Valu told me how to make it, but i wanna see if you have some other way

How does he make the sound Fuzzy? Min 1:04

MW3 | My Virus | Arctic Empire by MettiFrags

Offline Kartun

• Editor - Stunter
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2012, 05:23:56 PM »
How did you move the camera at 2.21 ?

NOCTiLUCENT

Offline Phamus

• WaroW Jr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2012, 05:46:25 PM »
How do you make cam angles like this?:

SA LFET 2012 - Beat's entry #1 [Won]

0:00 - 0:06

NOCTiLUCENT

INTRO ANGLES tooo

Offline Lolko

• DP Crew
  • Double Penetrators <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2012, 12:51:36 AM »
Hi.

Could you give me the instructions for chromakeyer?Especially how can i show 2 clips at the same time.Thanks.

Offline PrzemOO

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2012, 10:58:05 AM »
I am awful at adjusting colors to my liking. Do you have any tips for me? Where do I start? Which plugins do you find helpful? :hmm:

Offline PK

• Misanthrope
  • Satan's Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2012, 06:03:44 AM »
I am awful at adjusting colors to my liking. Do you have any tips for me? Where do I start? Which plugins do you find helpful? :hmm:

As he said earlier, he only uses Magic Bullet for CC's. For simple other effects on AE, he uses Twixtor/Twitch. Just saying if to make his answer quicker, but can't really give good tips here other than to just focus around what colors are in the clip and the colors you'd like to set. Read around Google a bit about color correcting, could be useful.

Ah, can you tell me what programs do you use for those images? I heard you never used Photoshop. And do you create those graphics yourself or a bit of mixtures from movies, etc?

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2012, 06:17:25 AM »
Ah, can you tell me what programs do you use for those images? I heard you never used Photoshop. And do you create those graphics yourself or a bit of mixtures from movies, etc?

I use Vegas and After Effects.

Magic Bullet Looks is the best plugin to use, and don't combine it with anything else because it's a complete color-correcting station thingy that has everything you'll ever need. Also it's interface is clean and eye-pleasant. Theres also tons of templates you can apply then play around with to learn different techniques. It requires a decent PC when it comes to rendering/previewing though.

Hi.

Could you give me the instructions for chromakeyer?Especially how can i show 2 clips at the same time.Thanks.

I'd never use chromakeyer to show two clips at the same time in GTA, that is if you're talking about the typical two-stunters-one-stunt scenario.

I usually mask one of the clips on top of the other, frame by frame. Or you can apply a cookie cutter on one of the clips and animate it to follow the stunter but that method isn't very accurate if they stunters intersect.

How do you make cam angles like this?:
SA LFET 2012 - Beat's entry #1 [Won]
0:00 - 0:06
NOCTiLUCENT
INTRO ANGLES tooo
How did you move the camera at 2.21 ?
NOCTiLUCENT

I make them using a tool called CamHack.

hey, thanks for taking time to answer, but i have a question. Valu told me how to make it, but i wanna see if you have some other way

How does he make the sound Fuzzy? Min 1:04

MW3 | My Virus | Arctic Empire by MettiFrags

You can do that in Vegas. First open the "Track FX" of your audio layer, then you should find Track EQ already applied, you'll usually find 4 points. Usually the point numbered "4" controls the highs so you pull that down and it makes your audio sound muffled, if you pull both the highs (4) and the lows (1) down it'll give you that  distorted muffled sound.

I've always been interested in how you would go about planning a project, more specifically 476. I remember reading your notes on it about how the sections of the video were split up into the colours of the rainbow (the 4th, 7th and 6th colour), and in the opening scene there was a woman standing in the road which I only noticed after you mentioned.

It's little things like that, that really amaze me, and I was just wondering do you write down a list of everything you want to include, or draw out certain ideas, or just simply go with the flow and do things as soon as they come to your mind? Or maybe you do something completely different, who knows  :lol:.

If it's too complicated like The Aventador Redemption, I have to write it down. Otherwise I go with the flow.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal