Author Topic: If you need editing help/advice... ask and you shall receive.  (Read 16684 times)

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
If you need editing help/advice... ask and you shall receive.
« on: October 27, 2012, 10:50:51 AM »
I'm free for the next week and I'm in a helping mood. So from now till next Friday ask me ANYTHING editing-wise, whatever comes to your mind and I'll do my best to answer your question and give you all the help you need.

I'll be locking this topic on the 2nd of November. I'll also be checking it at least once every hour.. questionin' taym :euro:

UPDATE: I've decided I'll keep this topic up for as long as it lasts but with late replies.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 06:18:10 AM by Beat »

Offline Basium

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: If you need editing help/advice... ask and you shall receive.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 10:56:05 AM »
Okey I'm recording ingame less than 20fps then when I try to play the recorded videos they look very laggy though I set the record at 25 fps on fraps. Can you give me some advices about having a smoother video without laggs?

Offline MikeyMouse

• Vladivostok Brother | Addicted To Taxi's
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 10:59:41 AM »
Where did you find all your sound FX? I don't mean simple things like the sounds of a bike, but complex sounds which you can put to text movement or transitions. I tend to download the mp3 of a youtube video and use the sound there, I don't actually have a source for finding these sounds  :lol:.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 11:03:54 AM »
Just sayin' beforehand, FL studio is an audio producing (but in a way also editing) program, so it still counts. Here's my question:

What do you think of FL-chan? Use http://danbooru.donmai.us/post?tags=FL-chan&searchDefault=Search for reference.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 11:05:41 AM by geηgetsµ_ »

Offline Art  

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 11:06:43 AM »
how to make clips smooth as fuck? like this Chronometer - 24H Movie

JL

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 11:37:51 AM »
Okey I'm recording ingame less than 20fps then when I try to play the recorded videos they look very laggy though I set the record at 25 fps on fraps. Can you give me some advices about having a smoother video without laggs?

Get an older version of Fraps. 2.9.8 propably.
Activate the "No sync" function in there and Fraps will automatically fill the gaps if your framerate is below 25.
That works, although it will look more weird the lower you go below 25.

And spare yourself the try; this does not work if you record with more than 25 fps.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:04:16 PM by JL »

Offline Tg

• Veteran Member
  • Sup?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 12:00:34 PM »
what's that effect that looks like a transition with colors from sec 5 to sec 6

SKRILLEX - TheGT4sm's part

Offline Basium

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 12:18:36 PM »

Get an older version of Fraps. 2.9.8 propably.
Activate the "No sync" function in there and Fraps will automatically fill the gaps if your framerate is below 25.
That works, although it will look more weird the lower you go below 25.

And spare yourself the try; this does not work if you record with more than 25 fps.
I didn't sync actually but i'll try the old version.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:21:04 PM by Basium »

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 12:19:50 PM »

Well from how you describe it, it seems like your PC can't handle recording very well. And theres an easy fix for that and theres two ways of doing it.

The first way is to record in 10fps with Fraps then speed the clip up in your editing software into x2.5 which turns into 25fps and it looks proper and smooth.

The 2nd way I don't really like that much but you can record in 15fps and then speed it up in your editing software into x1.666 but this can get choppy at times.

Edit: But make sure when you make moving angles, try to adjust the speed of your movement keeping in mind that this angle you're making will be at least twice as fast as you're moving ;)

Where did you find all your sound FX? I don't mean simple things like the sounds of a bike, but complex sounds which you can put to text movement or transitions. I tend to download the mp3 of a youtube video and use the sound there, I don't actually have a source for finding these sounds  :lol:.

Sound effects are a pain in the bum, I usually design mine by re-sampling/fine-tuning tons of ugly sounding free sound effects I find everywhere on the internet, whether YouTube or simply Googling them.

The bad part about Sound FX is that they don't have a grey area, because taking professional filmmakers for example, they make their own sound effects. It's called the Foley process and it's quite pricey.

Just sayin' beforehand, FL studio is an audio producing (but in a way also editing) program, so it still counts. Here's my question:

What do you think of FL-chan? Use http://danbooru.donmai.us/post?tags=FL-chan&searchDefault=Search for reference.

Cute and cuddley.

how to make clips smooth as fuck? like this Chronometer - 24H Movie

It's not technically smooth, this video is rendered in 30fps due to Dogger originally being a VC editor hes used to rendering stuff in 30fps which is the proper fps in Vice City. But the proper FPS in SA is 25fps so it'd be proper to render in 25fps.

However 30fps will always look "smoother" than 25fps. So fuck proper and do whatever looks best to you :) I personally use 25fps.

what's that effect that looks like a transition with colors from sec 5 to sec 6

SKRILLEX - TheGT4sm's part

That effect is a plugin called Twitch originally made for Adobe's After Effects, but might possibly be available on the newer Sony Vegas versions.

However the effect can be done using no plugins in Sony Vegas but it'd take so much unnecessary time and effort. But the trick would be using Gaussian Blur and un-tick the Blue only or the Green only then increase the blur and then build up from there.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:28:42 PM by Beat »

Offline Tg

• Veteran Member
  • Sup?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 12:30:03 PM »
Hey, Thanks , looks similar to it :) nicely done.   :happy:

Offline PK

• Misanthrope
  • Satan's Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 12:48:37 PM »
4K Resolutions:

I'm learning about the configuration of 3072p (4096x3072) - the 4K resolution. It' the resolution which gives you the 'orginal' tab that is above the 1080HD. Spectacular quality, don't know if it would go well on GTA. Here's an example:
EARTH Space-Sunrise 4k Resolution

So I've got the whole shit n stuff. I've been having problems with the "MP4" rendering issue. It gives me different aspects and the quality decreases totally. I mean when it's rendering and I'm watching the display - that qualities WOW. I'm not going for .WMV at all, it's total shit.

AviSynth Scipt + MeGUI

I keep getting this error when I browse up the script, no matter what I typed in the path's and stuff. It won't ever get me right. Even when I remove the " before and after the path. Please help me in this one.

Format Recommendation:

What format do you recommend? I don't really care about the size. Quality and color-wise. Also, in KillaMarci's Aftermath you mentioned it was Blu-Ray. How did you do that? Is it really effective?

Color Correction Dimensions:

We all got this issue where the heavy sets of CC/Effects decreases our quality by 3 times. But, I've been seeing people like you and others who apply a lot, but yet keep the quality crystal clear. Please give me some advice on the usage of heavy CC's and effects while having the quality expected.

Display Mis-frame:

Not sure about this one, but sometimes I think that the video preview box in vegas isn't showing me what's really going to appear - not talking about quality, but about the masking, effects, etc.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:27:26 PM by PK »

Offline Basium

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 12:50:58 PM »
It is going to be surely my computer.

I'm too much thankful to you, I was goofy but when I recorded nearly at 20fps then sped up at 25fps by the velocity of 125/100=1.25, 25/20=1.25 to reach 25 fps afterward I got a satisified smooth video.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:07:13 PM by Basium »

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 12:56:23 PM »
Which Fraps version is the best to record in VC and get smooth 30fps?

And how do I make this "masking" effect?
Wasteland Heroes - Omicron

at 1:33, I know a way to do them but sometimes gets buggy and the CC doesn't look exactly the same in each clip.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:01:14 PM by Ltaballs »

Offline Tg

• Veteran Member
  • Sup?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 01:07:22 PM »
another question.  :P

at 1:46

how do the colors change? do you record the same angle and change the colors? or is it masking?  :hmm:

Offline Basium

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2012, 01:08:56 PM »
Which Fraps version is the best to record in VC and get smooth 30fps?

And how do I make this "masking" effect?
Wasteland Heroes - Omicron

at 1:33, I know a way to do them but sometimes gets buggy and the CC doesn't look exactly the same in each clip.
All the versions are the same but as far as I understood. For example when you record at 18 fps, you will do math then to reach 30 fps.
30/18=1.67 then you're going to set velocity of the recorded video to 167 percent.

The masking effect is chromakeyer, hope you get my point. Beat is more sophisticated than me on these things  he will explain you that well.  :P
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:25:32 PM by Basium »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal