Author Topic: Anime discussion  (Read 146944 times)

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
Re: Anime discussion
« Reply #1500 on: August 07, 2014, 09:02:57 AM »
I think 3 episodes is a good rule to stop watching. I do that and I don't care if something magnificent happens at the end of it.
that's my point, 3 episodes is kinda enough to decide if you want to watch the show, but 10 minutes is just plain dumb. my opinion though, no flamerino.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: August 07, 2014, 09:53:03 AM »
Watched 10 minutes of the first episode, then stopped.   :sleep:
excuse me now, really, REALLY excuse me. but what kind of a fucking idiot stops watching something after LITERALLY just 10 minutes of a 27 episode show? like holy shit. it's a thing that I don't stop watching anything that I start, and I don't expect everyone to do the same, but really, 10 minutes? that show was so fucking awesome that this just hurts for me, you should seriously try watching it again.  :(
I knew you'd be mad :D
Really though, I hate Mecha, really fucking hate it. Once I realized that is what it was I turned it off and watched something else. I've learned the hard way that just because people tell you something is good, does not mean I'll enjoy it equally. So now I usually watch things I know I'll like, if I'm skeptical I stick to the three episode rule, but if I know I won't like it I turn that shit off and watch something else no matter what people say. Just like when I stopped watching Death Note when L died and just like I stopped watching Angel Beats after I realized what the setting was.

Offline Nikedj

• Veteran Member
  • Melk met een koekje
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: August 07, 2014, 11:30:18 AM »
Finished Mardock Scramble which is a 3 movie series , the art was beautiful , it's a 8.5/10 for me  :ajaja:

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: August 07, 2014, 01:00:02 PM »
Watched 10 minutes of the first episode, then stopped.   :sleep:
excuse me now, really, REALLY excuse me. but what kind of a fucking idiot stops watching something after LITERALLY just 10 minutes of a 27 episode show? like holy shit. it's a thing that I don't stop watching anything that I start, and I don't expect everyone to do the same, but really, 10 minutes? that show was so fucking awesome that this just hurts for me, you should seriously try watching it again.  :(
I knew you'd be mad :D
Really though, I hate Mecha, really fucking hate it. Once I realized that is what it was I turned it off and watched something else. I've learned the hard way that just because people tell you something is good, does not mean I'll enjoy it equally. So now I usually watch things I know I'll like, if I'm skeptical I stick to the three episode rule, but if I know I won't like it I turn that shit off and watch something else no matter what people say. Just like when I stopped watching Death Note when L died and just like I stopped watching Angel Beats after I realized what the setting was.
I pretty fucking hate mecha too, but since everyone was saying what a fucking awesome show it was I decided to give it a try (also hey, I have known about Yoko for what, 3 years, I had to watch her in action finally) it just has such a comedic value that it's simply amazing. for my surprise I really enjoyed even the fight scenes, even though they were mecha. shit, even the fight scenes are funny at points. but I do understand your point of view, it's just kinda strange for me

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: August 07, 2014, 01:05:28 PM »
I dislike mecha as well.

I'm still watching the new show this season called Aldnoah.Zero, because it's written by Gen Urobuchi I wanted to check it out :ajaja:

Offline Nikedj

• Veteran Member
  • Melk met een koekje
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: August 08, 2014, 03:29:25 AM »
I dislike mecha as well.

I'm still watching the new show this season called Aldnoah.Zero, because it's written by Gen Urobuchi I wanted to check it out :ajaja:
The MC doesn't give 2 cookies about what's happening around him , manliest MC of the season  :ajaja:

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: August 08, 2014, 04:08:01 AM »
I dislike mecha as well.

The MC doesn't give 2 cookies about what's happening around him , manliest MC of the season  :ajaja:
That Gary Stu can't get even near top ranks. People who watched Eva only likes him because Shinji was a whining little retard who didn't want to pilot his mecha and Aldnoah's MC is complete opposite of that.

This guy literally doesn't have any emotions.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: August 08, 2014, 05:17:05 AM »
^Eva? Shinji? Whining retards who doesn't want to pilot his mech? It sounds like NGE all over again.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: August 08, 2014, 07:30:48 AM »
Maybe I said it weirdly. Let me rephrase it:

Aldnoah.Zero MC = Emotionless Gary Stu

EVA's MC = Shinji

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: August 08, 2014, 08:00:48 AM »
Oh lel, I'm just a retard. Never mind  :ninja:

Offline tomiboy

• pls
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • tomiboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: August 08, 2014, 11:58:44 AM »
i've started magi: the labyrinth of magic yesterday. after 5 eps i can say that i like it, even though episode 1 contained one of the most disturbing scenes i've ever seen.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: August 10, 2014, 01:59:23 PM »
So today I finished "Serei no Moribito". It was good, although a lot of the storyline was kind of obvious at times, the characters were likable enough to make it work really well. Nothing CRAZY good, but still enjoyable. 7/10  :happy:

Offline Asaaj

• Spaalonebabuguuscooties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: August 13, 2014, 01:18:41 PM »
i've started magi: the labyrinth of magic yesterday. after 5 eps i can say that i like it, even though episode 1 contained one of the most disturbing scenes i've ever seen.

I don't remember that scene or maybe I watched a censored version?  :ninja:

Offline tomiboy

• pls
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • tomiboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: August 13, 2014, 02:16:42 PM »
be glad that you don't remember it  :ninja:

it was around minute 3 or 4 though.

Offline NumeRo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: August 14, 2014, 02:32:24 PM »
can u guys recommend me anime  like  bleach, naruto or fairy tail ?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal