Author Topic: Anime discussion  (Read 146994 times)

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
Re: Anime discussion
« Reply #1290 on: January 07, 2013, 07:48:22 PM »
I just finished Cowboy Bebop.
And did you enjoy it? Personally I found it rather boring, with all the hype that it had gotten, I expected something more. But it just kept the same pace no matter what happened.

Also you guys recommend me something similar that doesn't involve little girls and faggots with broad swords. In other words, no fantasy stuff sci-fi is appreciated though.
I guess you could check Samurai Champloo, made by the same director, not so much sci-fi, but not your ordinary Samurai shit either.

Other than that I'd second both Håkon and Ed's suggestions Steins;Gate and Great Teacher Onizuka are both great ones.
Though Steins;Gate has some characters that you'd maybe dislike it's worth it in the long run.
As for GTO, it features some silly "anime humor" which I'm not sure you'd enjoy or not, but it also has these serious moments that you can't help but get caught up in.
And another one I'd recommend is, Now and Then, Here and There/Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku. It's about this guy who gets thrown into a different world and, from the synopsis, "soon discovers the true terrors of war, which includes genocide, brutal torture, hunger, thirst, and child exploitation."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 07:50:19 PM by Simon »

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: January 10, 2013, 08:48:30 AM »
I just finished Cowboy Bebop.
And did you enjoy it? Personally I found it rather boring, with all the hype that it had gotten, I expected something more. But it just kept the same pace no matter what happened.

Also you guys recommend me something similar that doesn't involve little girls and faggots with broad swords. In other words, no fantasy stuff sci-fi is appreciated though.
I guess you could check Samurai Champloo, made by the same director, not so much sci-fi, but not your ordinary Samurai shit either.

Other than that I'd second both Håkon and Ed's suggestions Steins;Gate and Great Teacher Onizuka are both great ones.
Though Steins;Gate has some characters that you'd maybe dislike it's worth it in the long run.
As for GTO, it features some silly "anime humor" which I'm not sure you'd enjoy or not, but it also has these serious moments that you can't help but get caught up in.
And another one I'd recommend is, Now and Then, Here and There/Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku. It's about this guy who gets thrown into a different world and, from the synopsis, "soon discovers the true terrors of war, which includes genocide, brutal torture, hunger, thirst, and child exploitation."
Yeah I enjoyed it, I didn't think there was one episode that I didn't enjoy! The pace was set quite high from the beginning. Also have been thinking about the end quite a lot especially that scene between Faye and Spike in the last episode, that was just heart wrenching. I love it when a movie or a series is still in the back of my mind after watching it. I guess you could say I want more :P

I've just started Ergo Proxy and it's been great so far so thanks for the recommendation Ed.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: January 10, 2013, 08:55:37 AM »
Shouldn't we move this to the anime section now?

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: January 10, 2013, 09:01:50 AM »
Shouldn't people know about the section before we move it?
Daffy said we were to post about it in the news section, but neither I or Sheeptea can. So we'll have to wait for some of the admins to do it I guess, as you need to request to see the section :P

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 10, 2013, 09:04:13 AM »
Oh alrighty.

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 10, 2013, 09:37:05 AM »
Why isn't this in the movie/tv section anyway?

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: January 10, 2013, 09:41:00 AM »
No one knows

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 12, 2013, 12:16:31 PM »
I'd totally suggest you guys to check out this: https://www.youtube.com/user/TehIshter/videos?view=0
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 12:19:15 PM by Ed »

Offline TheGT4sm

• Veteran Member
  • BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 12, 2013, 12:59:18 PM »
I'd totally suggest you guys to check out this: https://www.youtube.com/user/TehIshter/videos?view=0
Oh yeah, I found his channel like a couple of weeks ago. He's really good.

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: January 12, 2013, 01:33:01 PM »
Hell yeah, especially his Ano Hana ending play.  :wub:

There'll be a second review from me soon, got really hooked up on another brilliant anime.

Offline GINSENGXXX

• Dakar
  • xD
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite anime ?
« Reply #1300 on: January 25, 2013, 06:28:30 AM »
Death Note.

The only one I've seen and the only one I will see.

(Except for Digimon, Yu-gi-oh, Pokémon, Beyblade and other animes that have been on TV)
:D welcome to the world of the shinigami and misa

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: January 31, 2013, 11:37:59 AM »

I love this .gif  :euro:

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: February 01, 2013, 12:28:52 AM »
How does she advance without advancing? :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Offline Basium

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: February 01, 2013, 11:40:27 AM »
Maybe the background is immobile  :euro:

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: February 01, 2013, 12:13:50 PM »
Maybe the background is immobile  :euro:
Props are always immobile. But since she's advancing but not getting closer I'd say she's haxing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal