Author Topic: Anime discussion  (Read 144728 times)

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
Re: Anime discussion
« Reply #1275 on: January 03, 2013, 07:27:22 AM »
Which series are you guys going to watch?
(...)
Will see if there is any other interesting going on and maybe you guys can suggest me something? :cc_detective:
Highschool DxD second season of course. and also can't wait for Kizumonogatari, aswell as for Nekomonogatari's all 4 episodes.

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: January 04, 2013, 02:07:04 AM »
Well, as I already told Simon I've watched some coolio ones recently, like Amagami SS with a great romance dose and BTOOOM with it's unique atmosphere...
Now going on to another really interesting one I found - Sukitte Ii na yo. The first impression is very odd I'd say. Girl with a social disorder, the most popular guy who still doesn't want any girlfriend and whole mixture of romance, seriousness and comedy. These genres are so strangely mixed together that one moment you find a comedy elements and next second it'll be a drama, or even a thriller, then like 15 seconds more it's already romance. Really looking up for this one.

Edit: after watching 3 more eps, honest - the one and only word fit for this anime.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:02:24 AM by Ed »

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: January 04, 2013, 04:21:22 AM »
(...)
Will see if there is any other interesting going on and maybe you guys can suggest me something? :cc_detective:
Highschool DxD second season of course. and also can't wait for Kizumonogatari, aswell as for Nekomonogatari's all 4 episodes.
UTW and Mazui released all episodes in one torrent.

These genres are so strangely mixed together that one moment you find a comedy elements and next second it'll be a drama, or even a thriller, then like 15 seconds more it's already romance.
I can only be reminded of Tasogare x Amnesia from those words. That was so horrible, it was supposed to be a horror kinda anime and they keep ruining it by colorful visuals with shitty contrasts and shitty obligatory fanservice.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: January 04, 2013, 06:17:46 AM »
the colorful visuals was great, but agree that it was rather all over the place. If it had been like episode 2 all the way through I would have loved it though.

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: January 04, 2013, 10:24:20 AM »
Yeah, well, my impression was a bit exaggerated. Since 6th episode it just turns out to be an ordinary boring romance thing. Although I still think the first 5 eps were genius.

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: January 05, 2013, 07:26:14 PM »
Finished Mushishi.
I'm glad it's finally over, there wasn't full through story, so it was really boring at some parts.
Of course there were some interesting episodes which I really enjoyed, but 26 episodes is kinda a lot for this. :euro:
Anyways, Ginko was great! I liked his personality, look & way he acted in different situations. :P

Well, I guess that's all. 7/10 from me.

E: Guess I finish one or two short series before most of the winter season animes starts to air.

For me:

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Im going to watch Ore no Kanojo and Maoyuu Mau Yuusha.

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: January 06, 2013, 01:44:49 PM »
This one is pretty touching, highly recommended to watch.

House on Little Cubes by Kunio Katô

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: January 06, 2013, 09:38:34 PM »
See it, it's lovely and clever.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: January 07, 2013, 11:41:25 AM »
Hellsing Ultimate OVA Episode X.

This awesomeness! I can't imagine if I started watching it ever since 2006 and waited it to end till now.
Fucking amazing :ajaja: 10/10

Other notes, I started watching Gosick and downloaded Katawa Shoujo again for some reading.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: January 07, 2013, 12:07:45 PM »
Everyone's enjoying the new season and I'm just sitting here procrastinating.

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: January 07, 2013, 01:23:16 PM »
I just finished Cowboy Bebop. How anime am I?

Also you guys recommend me something similar that doesn't involve little girls and faggots with broad swords. In other words, no fantasy stuff sci-fi is appreciated though.

Offline TheGT4sm

• Veteran Member
  • BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: January 07, 2013, 01:36:45 PM »
Also you guys recommend me something similar that doesn't involve little girls and faggots with broad swords. In other words, no fantasy stuff sci-fi is appreciated though.
Steins;Gate is a pretty fucking good Sci-fi anime.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: January 07, 2013, 01:41:53 PM »

Yuru Yuri is a pretty goddamn manly anime. Also, not as anime as us but it's a start.

Offline TheGT4sm

• Veteran Member
  • BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: January 07, 2013, 01:48:13 PM »

Yuru Yuri is a pretty goddamn manly anime. Also, not as anime as us but it's a start.
You were supposed to go to bed

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: January 07, 2013, 02:37:55 PM »

Oldschool.

I'd recommend GTO for a good laugh, Ergo Proxy for something to think of afterwards or Baccano for a new arc of storytelling. Or if you want something directly similar, Planetes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal