Author Topic: GTASL 4?  (Read 13819 times)

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
GTASL 4?
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2008, 11:09:47 AM »
Quote from: Rod
The only thing is, it would be kinda unfair. Person A beats person B by 3x2. Person A has 3 points and B has 2.

In the next round, person B loses AGAIN by 3x2 but for person C. He would have 4 points. Them person A loses for 5x0 for someone.

Person A would have only 3 points and B would have 4, yet person B lost both matches while person A won one of them.

How would you guys solve this. Maybe the winner could get one extra point or something.
Well, me and Brulla tried to run this through a simulation of sorts. Copy and paste time! We are implementing, for this scenario at least, the 'victory point' idea of giving the winner an extra point.

ROUND ONE
Person A 3-2 Person B
Person C 4-1 Person D

Table:
Person C: 5
Person A: 4
Person B: 1
Person D: 1

ROUND TWO
Person A 3-2 Person C
Person B 5-0 Person D

Table:
Person A: 8
Person B: 7
Person C: 6
Person D: 1

ROUND THREE
Person A 1-4 Person D
Person B 2-3 Person C

Table:
Person C: 10
Person B: 9
Person A: 8
Person D: 6

B only won once but finished above A, who won twice  but that don't matter, cos I'd say only the first-placed person continues! I'm starting to like the idea of this 'victory point' but me and Brulla are still definitely trying to iron out the details.

And people have still to decide whether they'd even WANT me and Brulla running the next GTASL!

Offline Tackleberry

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL 4?
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2008, 11:11:42 AM »
I like Kingjad's idea and I don't think extra points should be handed out. Lets say someone wins a match with 3-2, that must be a quite even match. Therefore the points give should be even too, not 2 points extra to the winner as someone suggested.

Only thing I'm afraid of is walk over-matches in the end of the tournament. People who can't win don't have anything to play for and 5 points would probably be given almost free to the opponent.

Also, what about a final? I think when the final league is done, the two highest placed stunters should go to a separate final (would make things much more exciting).

EDIT:
To Kingjad's post above. If people end at the same amount of points, the person with most wins should go through. That way victories won't come completely ignored.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 11:23:01 AM by Tackleberry »

Offline ofthemountain

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL 4?
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2008, 11:22:58 AM »
Whatever happens I think that 5 judges would be needed as opposed to 3 to make the system more comprehensive and valid. Other wise its either going to be 2-1 or 3-0 every time.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
GTASL 4?
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2008, 11:23:13 AM »
Did I not explain this? The top one or two in each section advance to knock-outs against others. The numbers by this time will have been whittled down greatly, to like 8 or 10.

Offline Jaja

• View Profile
    • http://
GTASL 4?
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2008, 11:29:12 AM »
I like your idea KJ. I think that a lot of stunters will join the league this year and trying new ideas is good.

Offline Tackleberry

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL 4?
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2008, 11:45:07 AM »
Quote from: Kingjad
Did I not explain this? The top one or two in each section advance to knock-outs against others. The numbers by this time will have been whittled down greatly, to like 8 or 10.
Ok, sounds great.

Go for it!

Offline Rod

• View Profile
GTASL 4?
« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2008, 12:16:34 PM »
u could create the sign in topic now eh

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
GTASL 4?
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2008, 12:35:37 PM »
Erm, people need to decide if they all WANT me and Brulla organising this first  I'm just trying to give you all my way of organising it for you all to decide whether it's a good idea or whether I'm just a big coo-coo-brained halfwit (I can be both too, if you want me to).

Offline Rod

• View Profile
GTASL 4?
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2008, 12:39:55 PM »
if you 2 don't do it, no one will lol

Offline Mr.Magic

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL 4?
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2008, 12:53:58 PM »
Quote from: Kingjad
Erm, people need to decide if they all WANT me and Brulla organising this first  I'm just trying to give you all my way of organising it for you all to decide whether it's a good idea or whether I'm just a big coo-coo-brained halfwit (I can be both too, if you want me to).
Kingjad, your plan is ingeniously balla. So as one of the people you're refering to, I cast my vote upon Kingjad and Brulla for organizers. The judging squad looks good too because what ofthemountain said is true. My opinion on the win/lose thing is that it shouldn't matter, only the points should. But it really doesn't matter to me, I'm just so excited about the tournament.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 12:54:38 PM by Mr.Magic »

Offline Tackleberry

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL 4?
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2008, 01:01:43 PM »
Yeah Kingjad, you and Brulla should run it.

I think you should make a thread for people to start signing up.

Offline ofthemountain

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL 4?
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2008, 01:16:48 PM »
Realistically, I doubt anyone would be against you two running it. I don't think people mind generally as long as the organisers are competent; you too are more than capable.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
GTASL 4?
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2008, 01:48:51 PM »
I was going to wait for this GTASL3 vid to be finished first before starting the next tourny  never knew it'd take this long for the vid though. Me and Brulla are still trying to iron out all the details as well - I MIGHT be a bit more selective of participants as we had a few no-shows last time around (I did anyway - it ain't the same winning by default, although it was the only won I got!)

I want to make sure that those that sign up understand that they need to be committed. Remember, there will be a minimum number of matches to compete in.

Offline bj070893

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.barbie.com/
GTASL 4?
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2008, 02:07:30 PM »
When do I judge this shit?

Offline Rod

• View Profile
GTASL 4?
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2008, 02:12:48 PM »
Quote from: weeKinjad