Author Topic: GTASL 4?  (Read 13963 times)

Offline Brulla

• Veteran Member
  • Chris
    • View Profile
GTASL 4?
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2008, 06:13:59 AM »
It's a real shame that no one of the original organisers don't want to continue their work. If it's really going to be the case, I'd like to offer you my help Kingjad. That's if you and the community want it. It would be nice to help out and I always devote myself to every project.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 06:17:55 AM by Brulla »

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
GTASL 4?
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2008, 06:17:58 AM »
Me and you Brulla, trying to organise a GTASL? It'd be like the odd couple, where you do most of the annoying work while I'm the lazy guy who does as little as possible, looking more impressive than I actually am.

I think it's a brilliant idea

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
GTASL 4?
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2008, 07:17:09 AM »
KJ and Brulla would be great organisers IMO. Thoose are the guys I trust the most

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
GTASL 4?
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2008, 08:33:45 AM »
I must warn people: I have some big, big ideas for changing the format of the stunt league. If I'm picked I WILL implement these changes. It will be extremely different from previous GTASLs.

Offline VenomX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL 4?
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2008, 08:35:07 AM »
Will it actually be a LEAGUE this time?  Hope you have some good ideas.

Offline ofthemountain

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL 4?
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2008, 08:36:12 AM »
It sounds like a great system to me. It at least means that if Kingjad's changes are too radical Brulla can compromise them or whatever. Two organisers is the way forward, and these two seem like great candidates to me.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
GTASL 4?
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2008, 09:03:23 AM »
Quote from: VenomX
Will it actually be a LEAGUE this time?  Hope you have some good ideas.
That's a good memory you have there Alex - aye, I'm still sticking to the idea it should be a proper stunting LEAGUE.

Currently, the GTASL has been a bit bamboozling, at least to me. Watch the GTASL2 vid Tack made on the GTAS YouTube account, and try to work your head around the table format! There were random pairs, a defeat meant a losers' round etc - at times I never knew what was going on with who or were, it was like a giant game of Cluedo! The winner of one match would face the winner of the other match and so on - that system is fine for the later stages when we've cut things down to pretty small numbers, but not for when there's 50-60 folk and a bizarre-looking table format to get through! I plan to simplify the format and yet make it more exciting.

Now, to those that doubt it, imagine there are 50 people entering the GTASL (hypothetical number). With that there can be 10 different leagues, five in each league, 2 matches per league per week with the fifth person sitting out. After the league bit itself is finished, that'd be 80 matches altogether. Sounds a lot but it would guarantee EVERYONE at least 4 matches. Let's say the person top of each table advance to knock-outs.

The numbers involved will dictate the kind of format it would be, the numbers in each 'league', how many different leagues there'd be etc. Personally I think 3 judges should be adequate (Brulla disagrees - he thinks 5 or 7).

For this league, of course, would be points. A judge's vote would mean you get a point for it. So if there were 5 judges...and four of the judges go for one stunter, that stunter would get four points, with the other point going to the other stunter. If a stunter doesn't compete or doesn't turn up or whatever, it's a simple 5-0 to the person that did turn up. Seems fairly straight-forward.

Now, to finally try to convince folk this is a good method: TMS did this before 'Aftershock' was produced and it worked pretty damn well. The numbers were small and it was an internal thing but it does work if you keep on top of things.

If people like the sound of the idea, then feel free to back me as an organiser. Brulla also seems on-board but will let him speak for himself

Offline Brulla

• Veteran Member
  • Chris
    • View Profile
GTASL 4?
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2008, 09:07:15 AM »
I really like Kingjad's system. The only thing I disagree in it, is the amount of judges per match.

Let me quote ofthemountain:

Quote from: ofthemountain
having variety of judges with different styles and attitudes makes the contest more fair.

Having many judges with different styles and attitudes is a lot better than a narrow view of only 3 judges.
It's exactly what we need, variety.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 09:08:33 AM by Brulla »

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
GTASL 4?
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2008, 09:09:15 AM »
The more judges there are, the less entrants there will be for the GTASL  consider that.

Offline ofthemountain

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL 4?
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2008, 09:14:38 AM »
Kingjad, I think your idea is pretty sound, I can't think of any problems with that kind of grouping. It would be more fun for everyone than a straight knock out and the judge point system sounds good also.

The only thing this would mean is that people need to be more reliable in showing up for matches. As long as that happened it would be a fun contest.

Offline Brulla

• Veteran Member
  • Chris
    • View Profile
GTASL 4?
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2008, 09:19:06 AM »
Hehe, I brought that up with him also

Yeah, I agree. But as long as there are only 2 matches per league per week, it shouldn't be too much to handle for each competitor.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 09:19:52 AM by Brulla »

Offline Rod

• View Profile
GTASL 4?
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2008, 09:57:51 AM »
The only thing is, it would be kinda unfair. Person A beats person B by 3x2. Person A has 3 points and B has 2.

In the next round, person B loses AGAIN by 3x2 but for person C. He would have 4 points. Them person A loses for 5x0 for someone.

Person A would have only 3 points and B would have 4, yet person B lost both matches while person A won one of them.

How would you guys solve this. Maybe the winner could get one extra point or something.

Offline ofthemountain

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL 4?
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2008, 10:00:54 AM »
I was thinking that, I think the winner should get some sort of point bonus. 2 points for a win maybe, then judge points.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
GTASL 4?
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2008, 10:06:10 AM »
Extra points would complicate things in my opinion...you can argue whether it's fair or unfair but the judges will not be able to please everyone. And the possibility that you could lose twice and yet still be doing better than someone who won once makes it that much more interesting!

Offline VenomX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL 4?
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2008, 10:10:25 AM »
I think its better to win with one GREAT stunt than two average ones anyway .

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal