Author Topic: GRAPHICS TOURNEY FINAL  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
GRAPHICS TOURNEY FINAL
« on: November 01, 2005, 08:01:01 AM »
Ok since there is a weird number of people the finals will just be one, 3 way battle. It shoudl be good, and next time we will get more people competing so it all fits with a 1 vs 1 battle at the end.

So here it is guys. Tacklberry vs Darklord vs Azuerus.....

Theme: Abstract. Also make something unique like maybe different shape, pop out render.
           Size: Whatever (Unique)
           Render: Own choice
           Animation: Own choice
           Deadline: 48 hours from when this is posted.
Basically for this you need to have abstract in it, whether it be abstract brushes or not, it needs abstract, now just go crazy, be original, unique. Have fun.  :grin:  

Offline Tackleberry

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GRAPHICS TOURNEY FINAL
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 08:10:51 AM »
I was expecting some harder and more challenging, but this is ok. ;)

Maybe you should add a uniqe size rule for this competition, so we can prevent cheating..?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 08:11:41 AM by Tackleberry »

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
GRAPHICS TOURNEY FINAL
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 08:19:41 AM »
Back from holiday for the Final...this is great!
Omni we have a discussion thread, the only people that are allowed to post in the battles are competitors and judges.  :)

And Tacklberry, I will have to, but against my will, because we want really unique ones to show off creativity, but yeh not saying people will cheat, but people do so. I've changed it to 333 x 111.  
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 08:23:16 AM by Aries »

Offline Omni

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GRAPHICS TOURNEY FINAL
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 08:21:00 AM »
I'm a judge you complete goon :P

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
GRAPHICS TOURNEY FINAL
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 08:24:04 AM »
I'm a judge you complete goon :P
.............. :D Glad to have you back Omni........umm we now have 6 judges......... :unsure: We hired Impulse to take your place. And BJ, stop posting in here, us judges and competitors dont want to wade through thread after thread of 'I hope 'name' wins' So just post in the discussion thread.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 08:26:19 AM by Aries »

Offline Tackleberry

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GRAPHICS TOURNEY FINAL
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 03:42:17 PM »

My entry?

I thought so until I saw the sig size rule. Damn... You should´ve put it there before I started to make it...!

And no, I didnt spend that many hours making it. But I started before Aries posted that.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 03:50:10 PM by Tackleberry »

Offline darklord

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rgfx.hostingposts.com/
GRAPHICS TOURNEY FINAL
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 08:51:37 AM »
here is my entry :)

Offline Tackleberry

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GRAPHICS TOURNEY FINAL
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 02:24:11 PM »
I just want say one thing. The sig above will be my entry, even if you allow it or not. I don´t want to spend more time in making one and I don´t have much more time to make one...

I hope you understand. Thanks.

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
GRAPHICS TOURNEY FINAL
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 04:33:37 AM »
Ok judges, you can start voting, Corporal is having network problems at home and we dont want to delay the finals. I wont be voting cus otherwise it is 6 judges and then we could have a tie. So good luck both of you and may the best sig win  :)  

Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
GRAPHICS TOURNEY FINAL
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2005, 06:14:54 AM »
That's harsh for Azeurus, he struggled to get into the finals and you disqualify him for it? I won't vote till we settle this appropiate, sorry dude..

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
GRAPHICS TOURNEY FINAL
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2005, 06:18:30 AM »
Azeurus said he doesn't mind atall. But whatever. He cant do it unless it's round my house, and that could easily be classed as cheating.

Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
GRAPHICS TOURNEY FINAL
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2005, 06:34:48 AM »
If you know him personally than you could be influenced in the way of voting for him because you guys are friends, meaning that would count as cheating as well. I say give him a shot, you just don't help him. I think you can take that responsibility, don't you?

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
GRAPHICS TOURNEY FINAL
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2005, 06:36:38 AM »
Yeh. I wasn't saying that, but people might accuse me of, any anyways I'm not voting in this round  :) Impulse has taken my place.

Offline Omni

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GRAPHICS TOURNEY FINAL
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2005, 06:46:42 AM »
Tackleberry: A very nice sig dude, with great colour work and brushing. The Render goes really well with the sig with the colours and the hair of the woman seems to flow into the BG which is great!. The texi is quite good but least good part of the sig. I think a more dreamy font would've worked better.

Darklord: Yet another awesome sig. A really nice abstract BG, with very nice tech-style border and grid. The text is very nice also and is placed really well on that blue bit. The only problem I have with this sig is its too white to the right.

My Vote: This was such a tight competition and both sigs were amazing and worthy of the final but my vote goes to Darklord.

Offline Yoda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.addictiontochaos.com
GRAPHICS TOURNEY FINAL
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2005, 09:39:55 AM »
Tac:
Everything matches really nice, the colors, the shapes, the brightness, everything, exept for the text. It's a very nice sig, very original. :)

Dark:
Also very original sig, nice colors, good contrast, nice text. I like your border alot too dude, very original.

Both VERY good sigs, but i vote for darklord, cause i didn't realy like tac's text, and dark's looks more abstract.

very good job both of you (Y)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal