Author Topic: Update 1.14  (Read 2876 times)

Offline Shifftee

• Shiff
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
Update 1.14
« on: June 17, 2014, 09:10:56 AM »
Soooooo, 7 new cars and a few noticeable changes. Love the added classic cars, damn expensive upgrades tho :(

Thoughts? :cc_detective:

Offline Raffal

• View Profile
Re: Update 1.14
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 09:24:36 AM »
The Bike.. oh my god worse than dinka thrust thks rockstar  :cheersad:. Editor : New textures for ramps   :cheersad: . I just be missing something but this update is useless ( For Stunting , No offense )

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 09:37:23 AM »
I just be missing something but this update is useless ( For Stunting , No offense )

You are missing something. Been testing a few things for a while now, will post my findings soon.

UPDATE: Okay, I've tested everything. Stunting remains exactly the same, have no fear :a-cheer:. Tested every method I could think of, in every type of vehicle. However, there are a couple of changes.

• Spoilers now add traction to all vehicles (test this by applying a spoiler in LS Customs, and checking the traction bar). Extensively tested the difference while ramping in exact one-to-one tests, and although the difference is extremely minute, you're still better off stunting without a spoiler on vehicles such as the Zentorno. This may have been the case in previous versions of GTA V, I don't know, but only now do you see the difference represented in Los Santos Customs.
  • All of the new vehicles are well balanced, but only two are particularly useful for stunting. The Punto is tiny, but it's very fast, and it's very lightweight. This makes it useful for small precisions on medium-high objects. The Punto may also be useful for multiplayer bike bumps, given its size (unfortunately the window is quite low down, which could cause some problems). The Dubsta 6x6 can hold six people in one car, and has very large wheels. This makes it invaluable for multi person grabs, and bumping specific low objects.
  • The following trick has existed since 1.00, but having only discovered it recently, I figured it may be useful to others. To avoid getting the cinematic camera on stunt jumps, or get out of it after jumping, simply use any weapon that zooms the camera into the aiming mode. This includes any pistol, micro SMG, and sticky bombs. It's easiest to do this by holding "fire" a split second before you hit the stunt jump location, or a second or two after entering the cinematic camera (afterwards, it's a little fiddly to get back out of it). Weapons like the middle finger, grenades and tear gas will not work because they do not zoom the camera forwards. Note that despite getting out of the cinematic camera, you will not be able to activate the slow motion ability until the stunt jump confirmation message appears on screen. The reason for this is that you cannot enable the slow motion ability while doing a stunt jump.
  • The Z Type, SandKing and other vehicles have been fixed to post 1.00 handling values. They should now act as expected.
  • You can now upgrade the Blazer in Los Santos Customs.
  • The gate launch glitch has been removed. Doubt many people have been using it for stunts, but I guess that sucks if you've been trying something with it. - Maybe not, http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/28g1m8/psa_the_gate_glitch_hasnt_been_fully_patched_out/.

Hope this helps :).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:32:49 PM by VaNilla »

Offline Thorn669

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 01:41:23 PM »
Are you sure stunting is unchanged?

I only got about 20 minutes in, but I'm pretty sure gliding is gone again. It was a little hard to tell for sure, though, because bikes also seem to launch much further now.

I could be wrong, didn't have much time to test, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Offline Raffal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 02:21:40 PM »
I may be too negative for this update, it's great to see vintage cars  :D .  And thanks VaNilla for the information  ;)

I'm just a  little sad to see that the new bikes are always a fail..And I'm also a fan of the editor I was expecting may be too much  :(. Also i tried some hard gliding spots and I have nothing to say, this is exactly the same I think  :hmm:

Offline Thorn669

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 02:29:19 PM »
I hope you're right. I didn't have much time, I'm kind of rusty from playing less lately, and I admit I'm EXPECTING R* to ruin things for no reason at this point, but...

The physics just didn't feel right on the few spots I hit. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid.

Offline Shifftee

• Shiff
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 03:07:09 PM »
Gliding is the same. :P
I know most of you won't be interested in stuff that's other than stunting but it's worth a shot. When could we expect heists? Next update maybe? :cc_detective:

Offline Thorn669

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 03:39:06 PM »
In that case, I'm glad to be wrong. I'll try again next time I play.

As far as heists, Friday ends the deadline they gave. I've been calling this patch the "I'm not a Heister" update. 

Thankfully I was completely wrong. Gliding is unchanged. I conducted a rushed test and fully expected R* to mess up again, and so found the conclusion I was expecting.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 12:22:58 AM by Thorn669 »

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 03:42:13 AM »
*text*
Taz reported that the effect or the amount that you have of Franklin's ability is either nerfed or according to KM a bit random now, is this something that you have noticed?

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 10:33:08 AM »
Thought it was nothing, but I did feel that while testing some of the slower new vehicles. If they have the special edition like I do, it could be that the latest update broke the 20% special ability gain you get from owning the special edition. I will test this soon.

EDIT: Apparently the gate glitch hasn't been fully patched out.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/28g1m8/psa_the_gate_glitch_hasnt_been_fully_patched_out/

EDIT 2: Tested the slow motion ability while sitting still in an Adder. With the special edition DLC installed, the slow motion ability lasts for exactly the same time amount of time in both 1.00 and 1.14. I will now test how it acts at speed on a normal runup while trying Taz's Ethos opener. This is good because it tests how the ability behaves at speed, and how it acts with both no runup and a little bit of traffic. I will use a metronome to perfectly time the slow motion ability.

EDIT 3: Exactly the same on Taz's Ethos opener in both 1.00 and 1.14 (with special edition DLC installed). Will now try and test it while going against opposite lane traffic and see what it's like.

EDIT 4: I went to the freeway on a straight road in the countryside, and took a runup against oncoming traffic from the exact same place on the road. I turned the special ability on and off in time with a metronome, to get exact results. The slow motion ability performs exactly the same in 1.00 and 1.14 under these circumstances. I checked both versions 5 times each in order to test for random inconsistencies.

In both versions of the game, you also get exactly the same amount of boosting from oncoming traffic, and driving in the opposite lane. I also tested a completely clear opposite lane of traffic near a government building, and it's exactly the same in both 1.00 and 1.14.

Next, I tested how slow motion performs on dirt collisions, to check if it still slows you down in the same way. It does, you get exactly the same results in both versions of the game. Finally, I tested if the slow motion ability pulls you down to the ground in the same way in both versions of the game. I did this by taking the same runup into a ramp in the desert and enabling the slow motion ability at the top of the ramp. You get pulled down to the ground in exactly the same amount of time in both versions of the game.

Having thoroughly tested the slow motion ability, I can confirm that it's exactly the same in both 1.00 and 1.14 when driving cars (I've also tested other cars). I'll give it a test with motorbikes too, but based on my results, I would be surprised if anything has changed.

EDIT 5: Having tested on both 1.00 and 1.14, I can confirm that the motorbike's slow motion ability functions in exactly the same way. Bump velocity boosting, wheelie boosting, wall boosting, traction, grinding, stoppies, bailing -- everything is exactly the same. In conclusion, nothing has changed in regards to the slow motion ability :). The only thing I haven't tested is what it's like without the special edition DLC installed. But I'm betting it's exactly the same without it too.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 08:25:05 PM by VaNilla »

Offline WiseGaming

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 10:06:22 PM »
Thought it was nothing, but I did feel that while testing some of the slower new vehicles. If they have the special edition like I do, it could be that the latest update broke the 20% special ability gain you get from owning the special edition. I will test this soon.

EDIT: Apparently the gate glitch hasn't been fully patched out.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/28g1m8/psa_the_gate_glitch_hasnt_been_fully_patched_out/

EDIT 2: Tested the slow motion ability while sitting still in an Adder. With the special edition DLC installed, the slow motion ability lasts for exactly the same time amount of time in both 1.00 and 1.14. I will now test how it acts at speed on a normal runup while trying Taz's Ethos opener. This is good because it tests how the ability behaves at speed, and how it acts with both no runup and a little bit of traffic. I will use a metronome to perfectly time the slow motion ability.

EDIT 3: Exactly the same on Taz's Ethos opener in both 1.00 and 1.14 (with special edition DLC installed). Will now try and test it while going against opposite lane traffic and see what it's like.

EDIT 4: I went to the freeway on a straight road in the countryside, and took a runup against oncoming traffic from the exact same place on the road. I turned the special ability on and off in time with a metronome, to get exact results. The slow motion ability performs exactly the same in 1.00 and 1.14 under these circumstances. I checked both versions 5 times each in order to test for random inconsistencies.

In both versions of the game, you also get exactly the same amount of boosting from oncoming traffic, and driving in the opposite lane. I also tested a completely clear opposite lane of traffic near a government building, and it's exactly the same in both 1.00 and 1.14.

Next, I tested how slow motion performs on dirt collisions, to check if it still slows you down in the same way. It does, you get exactly the same results in both versions of the game. Finally, I tested if the slow motion ability pulls you down to the ground in the same way in both versions of the game. I did this by taking the same runup into a ramp in the desert and enabling the slow motion ability at the top of the ramp. You get pulled down to the ground in exactly the same amount of time in both versions of the game.

Having thoroughly tested the slow motion ability, I can confirm that it's exactly the same in both 1.00 and 1.14 when driving cars (I've also tested other cars). I'll give it a test with motorbikes too, but based on my results, I would be surprised if anything has changed.

EDIT 5: Having tested on both 1.00 and 1.14, I can confirm that the motorbike's slow motion ability functions in exactly the same way. Bump velocity boosting, wheelie boosting, wall boosting, traction, grinding, stoppies, bailing -- everything is exactly the same. In conclusion, nothing has changed in regards to the slow motion ability :). The only thing I haven't tested is what it's like without the special edition DLC installed. But I'm betting it's exactly the same without it too.
Thanks for the info :)

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 11:36:29 PM »
The level of details in your analysis is incredible, I don't say this a lot but thanks for all the info you share with the community.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 03:40:27 AM »
 :wub:

Offline STREEM

• ☯♫
    • View Profile