Author Topic: "Gliding" has been removed.  (Read 34390 times)

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: "Gliding" has been removed.
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2014, 09:13:50 AM »
Currently using the latest patch. I've got two stunts to land that don't need 1.10. After that, there's two big airs I'll need to use 1.10 for, so I'll probably revert for those.

Offline ShuffleCrown

• Stunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2014, 10:51:38 PM »
Currently using the latest patch. I've got two stunts to land that don't need 1.10. After that, there's two big airs I'll need to use 1.10 for, so I'll probably revert for those.

and that means only single player for those two big airs (which also means = traffic, pedestrians & loading time everytime you fail). Gotta hate those problems unless there is a way to use 1.10 online but goodluck though!

Offline Payton Westlake

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2014, 05:38:29 AM »

I highly doubt this handicap is gonna set you lot back.  You guys are way too creative and innovative not to bust the balls of any other players just getting into stunting.  Not to mention some of you near 10+ years of experience, are still gonna land stuff completely unthinkable.  Just saying.

Offline FloW

• Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2014, 07:15:00 AM »
wheres my present

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2014, 11:46:13 AM »

I highly doubt this handicap is gonna set you lot back.  You guys are way too creative and innovative not to bust the balls of any other players just getting into stunting.  Not to mention some of you near 10+ years of experience, are still gonna land stuff completely unthinkable.  Just saying.

This is very kind of you to say.  Regardless, bike stunters have been given a highly notable problem.  The limits on achievable heights affect the entirety of motorbike physics in GTA V.  Big airs are relevant to the ability to wallride, because only relaxed gravity enables prolonged wallriding.  I don't stunt with bikes myself, so I won't say much more.  Consider the new restriction an act against creativity.

Offline Noah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2014, 07:22:50 AM »

This kinda makes sense. I think the removal of gliding is gonna hurt people outside of GTAS tenfolds, seeing as every video out there is just bigair, bigair and more bigair. I don't remember a lot of people outside GTAS who were capable of pulling of sweet precisions and such.

We have gained leverage over the Machinima tossers, but it's still a punch in the gut.

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2014, 10:47:42 AM »
I still don't think it makes any sense for someone who's not directly affected by something to tell people who are directly affected by something how they should react to that something. Even if you're trying to be encouraging and positive, just saying.

Offline SlayerUK

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2014, 03:26:45 PM »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2014, 03:43:37 PM »
:(

Offline Daksad

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2014, 07:17:49 PM »
I loved wallrides in SA and VC videos, and I always thought it was a shame you couldn't do them in IV.

Now this just feels like a great racing game where they decided to remove all of the good tracks. You can still drive around but it's not fun anymore.

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2014, 12:40:33 AM »
I loved wallrides in SA and VC videos, and I always thought it was a shame you couldn't do them in IV.

Now this just feels like a great racing game where they decided to remove all of the good tracks. You can still drive around but it's not fun anymore.
This

Offline SlayerUK

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2014, 04:52:04 AM »
I was looking forward to Daksad's V stunts :cheersad:

Offline Daksad

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2014, 08:11:52 AM »
I will probably still buy the game to play it with my friends, so I will eventually try stunting. I saw myself doing some crazy wallrides like the one in your sig and it makes me sad to know it's not possible anymore.

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2014, 10:12:19 AM »
On the other hand, doesn't it open way more spots to everyone? Instead of people flying around like birds, people have actually need to stunt to land those hughe roofs. Before it was like landing the highest roof there is with no problems at all, now people are going to land lower roofs so the higher roofs still have to be landed, they will concentrate more on technical stuff and so on...

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2014, 10:36:34 AM »
That's an incredibly naive post based solely on bias, how does it open more spots as those technical stunts you speak of were still possible with gliding in the game, only (sometimes) less impressive looking from the contrast cast by the bigger stunts.
The difference is people are forced to stick to them instead of choosing the type of stunts they like to do which is not problem to you who like tech-stunts primarily but imagine if it was the other way around.
It's been said before in the topic, it doesn't just affect gliding but also wallrides, precision and even grinds as it makes many potential spots simply unreachable.
Covering huge distances by leaning back and holding your player upside down was just a small part of it, but regardless removing those method does not open for way more spots, it's the other way around.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal