Author Topic: VC car draw distance  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
VC car draw distance
« on: November 21, 2013, 08:11:13 AM »
Is there a way to fix the VC car draw distance? And by that I mean that the cars (f.ex a taxi) turn low quality very quickly when using a static freeplay camera in replays or when zooming out a lot with that 'v' key. I did install the 10x draw distance and now my map is looking very nice but it didn't fix this vehicle issue. :( Anyone has a fix for this? General draw distance doesn't seem to help.

Offline Flat Face

• With power comes lulz
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: VC car draw distance
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 02:50:34 PM »
Vehicles aren't controlled by the same bits as the map, I'm not actually sure what controls when they flip to LOD..
The draw distance mod was a .exe editor wasn't it? if so I don't know anything about .exe editing so I wouldn't be able to go beyond whatever it was capable of.

Your best bet is to replace the LOD with the model main model *they're both inside the same .dff file* I'd do it for 1 but then I'd have to go through and edit all the stunt vehicles for people.
If you ask him nicely, I taught Radioaktive/Mellon/Greg/whatever else he goes by yesterday how to replace a .dff with another model so he'd be able to do it but whether or not he'd be willing to I don't know

EDIT: actually seeing as it's already a working part of the .dff if any one with importing/exporting knowledge wants to give it a go:

1. Import the .dff into MAX
2. Select the "Chassis_vlo" part and delete it
3. Select the "Chassis_hi" part and duplicate it
4. Select the "Chassis_hi001" part and re name it "Chassis_vlo"
5. Select the whole thing and export for VC

----

The name "Chassis_" could be slightly different on each model, last night I found out my skimmer had "chassis_vlo/hi" and Greg had "boat_vlo/hi" so it's just a matter of replacing whatever "??????_vlo/hi" is in your DFF file.

I won't go into how to go about importing models and all that because it's a whole bag of worms I just can't begin to describe especially through basic text communication but if you've ever mucked around with 3ds max and gta files then you should be able to do this with possibly some googling
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 02:58:01 PM by Flat Face »

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 05:52:28 PM »
Draw distance for cars are hard coded in the exe. There is one program I used years ago to increase DD for cars and peds. Here's the link http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=2160. Be warned, from what I remember it had an effect on replays, cutting them super short at times and other times not allowing you to even save a replay. Try it out before you go off doing any real stunting.

One other note about this mod. The game still only allows a certain number of peds and cars to be spawned. So by increasing the DD you will see peds and cars much further away but at the same time it will appear there are very few of them on the streets at all.

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 10:41:03 PM »
Aww, I should try it out :3 thanks guys.

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 03:56:34 AM »
Draw distance for cars are hard coded in the exe. There is one program I used years ago to increase DD for cars and peds. Here's the link http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=2160. Be warned, from what I remember it had an effect on replays, cutting them super short at times and other times not allowing you to even save a replay. Try it out before you go off doing any real stunting.

One other note about this mod. The game still only allows a certain number of peds and cars to be spawned. So by increasing the DD you will see peds and cars much further away but at the same time it will appear there are very few of them on the streets at all.
Thanks man. And I don't need it for stunting but for editing. So there won't be peds and cars in the street and I don't need to save replays. Better back-up the .exe though  :ajaja:

EDIT://There is supposed to be a "vcversion.dll" in the package that you need to place in the VC root folder aswell but it's not there. Do you perhaps still have it?

EDIT2:// Nvm at all, you don't need that file. Just replaced and added the files in the package and it worked like a charm. Again, thanks a lot.  :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 04:23:37 AM by Rainbow »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal