Author Topic: GTA Online Started!  (Read 8737 times)

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
Re: GTA Online Started!
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2013, 11:23:15 AM »
Aw, get a ps3... :lol:

I have to say that it's not about the console, but why the fuck all my friends who has a ps3 can't join? every friends of mine with a xbox are playing as fuck
I have a PS3, man.. :(
That was sarcasm :c

And Basium, shut up with your child sentences. Ps3 is not crap, the crap is the guys saying the ps3 is better or anything else. They're both exactly the same. I actually have an xbox, and I don't have anything against ps3. Yes the security is quite better on the xbox, but we pay for it, and that's something ps3 guys couldn't understand. Except if they pay their thing (dunno the name) I'm on xbox since it's been out, and I don't have anything against it. I just like the controllers more than ps3 (which looks quite too plasticish breaking if you hit it. I actually threw my controller on the wall and it didn't break, anywhere. A friend of mine just let his ps3 gamepad fall on the floor, and it got broke :lol:

Final point, I have nothing against ps3, but basium, shut up.

-Something like %65 of 360's fail (rrod) compared to like %10 ps3's. Controllers on the 360 are too large and bulky (imo) and require a shit load of batteries,that you have buy endlessly, Unless you have a rechargeable  pack (also have to pay for)

-Disc tray errors

- Every xbox has that ridiculously large (mini xbox) brick that comes with the power cord.

-No blue ray

-Pay for online and everything Microsoft thinks they can get a buck out of you from.

-PS Plus is cheaper by $20 per year and gives you 3 free downloadable games ($19.99-$39.99) each month as well as free avatars, themes and more.

I agree with SS on the comparison. I always hear that XBL is a tighter community and has better online features (although I always hear this, but nobody can ever give specific examples of why xbl is better than psn)

Now.. I do have a ps3 and some of my friends have 360's (and are switching over to the ps4) And I promise I am not a fan boy. But from an unbiased opinion, for the life of me, I cannot see why people would rather have an xbox.

Anyways..I have been able to get past the first race online now, and am enjoying multiplayer. Buggy as hell but at least I can finally play ;)

PSN: Dirtybird_1978
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 11:30:27 AM by Ryze »

Offline MikeyMouse

• Vladivostok Brother | Addicted To Taxi's
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2013, 01:00:32 PM »
Online is awesome, me and my crew are saving up for an apartment at the moment. I like how you can share money between crew members, so an apartment that usually costs $100k, is only say $25k for 4 people to buy.

To get money quick, just rob stores, and get away quick, really good way to get quick money.

Offline Basium

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2013, 01:55:11 PM »
hmm i never liked ps3, I got too many errors while playing on it and i just didn't feel comfortable playing on it! Of course it had many advantages but personally i prefer the x360 :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:09:39 AM by Basium »

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2013, 04:59:49 PM »
Just started playing GTA Online now, twice it's ended up loading a job for like 5 mins so I just restarted the game. When I'm just driving around it works fine, but I don't see any players anywhere :S

E: dafuq? seems to have deleted my profile. going back to single player for now lol
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 05:02:00 PM by RedX »

Offline MikeyMouse

• Vladivostok Brother | Addicted To Taxi's
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2013, 05:31:09 PM »
Yeah I had a level 10 guy with nearly 20k in the bank and it deleted him...pissed off right now. Hoping that at some point or another the characters get recovered, although I doubt it, give it a few days guys before you try to do anything serious online.

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2013, 06:00:23 PM »
fair enough Basium  :lol:

I played for awhile last night online after one hour of trying to get past the race intro. however, it did not save my profile and i have to go through all that not loading bs again.

I heard there is a patch coming tomorrow.

EDIT: Online again, everything seems to work fine now, hope it saves correctly.  :unsure:

...everything seems to be saving at working fine now, like others have said, you just need to get past the race and play for awhile. I have to say, natural bumps and wall rides on this game are fantastic!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 01:20:59 AM by Ryze »

Offline Cookie

• Veteran Member
  • om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2013, 03:35:52 PM »
-Something like %65 of 360's fail (rrod) compared to like %10 ps3's. Controllers on the 360 are too large and bulky (imo) and require a shit load of batteries,that you have buy endlessly, Unless you have a rechargeable  pack (also have to pay for)

-Disc tray errors

- Every xbox has that ridiculously large (mini xbox) brick that comes with the power cord.

-No blue ray

-Pay for online and everything Microsoft thinks they can get a buck out of you from.

-PS Plus is cheaper by $20 per year and gives you 3 free downloadable games ($19.99-$39.99) each month as well as free avatars, themes and more.

I agree with SS on the comparison. I always hear that XBL is a tighter community and has better online features (although I always hear this, but nobody can ever give specific examples of why xbl is better than psn)

Now.. I do have a ps3 and some of my friends have 360's (and are switching over to the ps4) And I promise I am not a fan boy. But from an unbiased opinion, for the life of me, I cannot see why people would rather have an xbox.

Anyways..I have been able to get past the first race online now, and am enjoying multiplayer. Buggy as hell but at least I can finally play ;)

-The original 360s are weaker than the newer (slim) ones
-Disc tray errors are mainly on the original ones again
-Big brick yeah, but why does it matter? just throw it on the floor behind the TV + the console is a bit smaller as a result
-No blueray but it is still HD. Blueray also has slower loading times than the Xbox ones. If I wanted a Blueray player to watch films (that are overpriced) then I would just buy a player
-I don't mind playing online because I like the Xbox far more personally. I don't use any of the other paid services because there are far better alternatives anyway, I'm not sure what 'other' services you mean. Things like Netflix you don't expect to be included in the XBL price anyway as they are not owned by Microsoft.
-I just looked on the PS website and it says PS Plus is the same price as XBL Gold for a year? And you do get free games with XBL Gold now each month (some good, some not so good), there are always free avatars, themes, beta's, and demos etc but they are not easy to find and you have to look for them (e.g. you cannot just sort by 'free')
-It's all down to personal opinion anyway but the community does seem tighter. I think it is to do with the fact that when you join a game on Xbox about 90% of the people speak the same language where as on PS you seem to always be with other people who don't speak the same language, also the fact that Xbox consoles come with headsets makes a large difference
-I got one because all my friends had Xbox's and only 1 or 2 had PS3s, but I find the interface and experience far far superior. I used my sisters PS3 to play The Last of Us. The menus on PS3 are really horrible imo and the Xbox ones are better organised and simpler as in only the things that you need are there and not a load of pointless stuff. One thing I've notices is that game updates take a very long time to install conpared to Xbox. They seem to take 5-10 minutes on PS3 whereas updates on Xbox will be installed in about 10 seconds. Also I hate the PS3 controllers, I can use them without complaining but I instantly miss the Xbox controller. The Xbox controllers are a perfect size, solid and well designed. The PS3 onces are too small (you must have small hands lol), the buttons are too flat, the analog sticks feel loose which doesn't help with accuracy, they don't seem anywhere near as strong and finally my biggest annoyance, the triggers, they are poorly designed and you fingers just slip off when you press them. The play and charge kits for Xbox are great and better than using batteries.

I've got an original Xbox which I've had for about 6 or 7 years and is still working and also have an Xbox slim. The original sometimes takes a few times for discs to launch which is not really a problem because they always start eventually, besides that it is absolutely fine. The slim has had 0 problems and I've had it for about 3 years. I have about 6 controllers, all still working. Most of the problems just happen with the original consoles due to the hardware or design but I think quite a few of them also depend on the owners. I have both of my consoles horizontal which I believe helps the disc drive because it is the correct way up, space around the whole outside of the console for good ventilation, and I very very rarely move them and never with a disk in them.

tl;dr - In my experience, I like Xbox  :)

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2013, 01:05:36 AM »

-Disc tray errors

-No blue ray

-The original 360s are weaker than the newer (slim) ones
-Disc tray errors are mainly on the original ones again
-Big brick yeah, but why does it matter? just throw it on the floor behind the TV + the console is a bit smaller as a result
-No blueray but it is still HD. Blueray also has slower loading times than the Xbox ones. If I wanted a Blueray player to watch films (that are overpriced) then I would just buy a player
-I don't mind playing online because I like the Xbox far more personally. I don't use any of the other paid services because there are far better alternatives anyway, I'm not sure what 'other' services you mean. Things like Netflix you don't expect to be included in the XBL price anyway as they are not owned by Microsoft.
-I just looked on the PS website and it says PS Plus is the same price as XBL Gold for a year? And you do get free games with XBL Gold now each month (some good, some not so good), there are always free avatars, themes, beta's, and demos etc but they are not easy to find and you have to look for them (e.g. you cannot just sort by 'free')
-It's all down to personal opinion anyway but the community does seem tighter. I think it is to do with the fact that when you join a game on Xbox about 90% of the people speak the same language where as on PS you seem to always be with other people who don't speak the same language, also the fact that Xbox consoles come with headsets makes a large difference
-I got one because all my friends had Xbox's and only 1 or 2 had PS3s, but I find the interface and experience far far superior. I used my sisters PS3 to play The Last of Us. The menus on PS3 are really horrible imo and the Xbox ones are better organised and simpler as in only the things that you need are there and not a load of pointless stuff. One thing I've notices is that game updates take a very long time to install conpared to Xbox. They seem to take 5-10 minutes on PS3 whereas updates on Xbox will be installed in about 10 seconds. Also I hate the PS3 controllers, I can use them without complaining but I instantly miss the Xbox controller. The Xbox controllers are a perfect size, solid and well designed. The PS3 onces are too small (you must have small hands lol), the buttons are too flat, the analog sticks feel loose which doesn't help with accuracy, they don't seem anywhere near as strong and finally my biggest annoyance, the triggers, they are poorly designed and you fingers just slip off when you press them. The play and charge kits for Xbox are great and better than using batteries.

I've got an original Xbox which I've had for about 6 or 7 years and is still working and also have an Xbox slim. The original sometimes takes a few times for discs to launch which is not really a problem because they always start eventually, besides that it is absolutely fine. The slim has had 0 problems and I've had it for about 3 years. I have about 6 controllers, all still working. Most of the problems just happen with the original consoles due to the hardware or design but I think quite a few of them also depend on the owners. I have both of my consoles horizontal which I believe helps the disc drive because it is the correct way up, space around the whole outside of the console for good ventilation, and I very very rarely move them and never with a disk in them.

tl;dr - In my experience, I like Xbox  :)

It all comes down to personal opinion and personal preference though. But a lot of xbox fans are switching to ps4 this time around, at least from comments I have read, and also a few of my friends are switching.

I prefer ps3 since ps is what I have become used to over the past 17 years. I have played on xbox (original and 360) that a few of my friends have owned, and I always hated it and could not adapt well to the controllers. And yes, you could just simply hide the enormous brick it comes with, (ps3 super slim is smaller than the latest 360) And yes, you could just buy a $300 blue ray player separate, but it is the principle of the matter. Just like the original xbox didn't allow you to play dvd movies unless you bought a part that was not included, but ps2 you could use this feature free.

Microsoft gives you less than Sony and charges you for anything they can think of, that is how it has always been. But now it is apparent to more people after the e3 presentations of the future systems.

But again, it is all about personal preference  :P

« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:29:05 AM by Ryze »

Offline Cookie

• Veteran Member
  • om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2013, 04:42:49 AM »
P.s. I just noticed, in my last post whenever I say 'original xbox' I was referring to the original xbox 360. I never owned the first xbox because the PS2 was better.

Yeah it is all personal opinion and what console the people you want to play with have. A lot of Xbox users were switching to PS4 but now that MS have dropped the DRM I don't think that is the case any more, I was certainly prepared to get a PS4 because of that but I have no reason to now.

I owned a PS1 and PS2 but got the 360 over the PS3 and glad I did. The controls are mostly in the same place but I understand how it can be confusing if you are told to press a button on the screen e.g. X because it is in different places on the controllers) but you just have to go by the colours instead, and the triggers are far better imo because your fingers don't slide off (yay). PS controllers always seemed to small to me and were bad for long periods of playing.

The blueray players were expensive because they were fairly new and became popular close to the PS3 release. Now here I can get a good blueray player for £50 whereas the PS3 is still £150-£250 so it's no so much of a good deal any more.

I haven't really notice where MS gives you less and I'm not sure what kind of features you mean, I guess I haven't noticed because I don't use them. I just use my Xbox for games and I use the free TV catchup services like iPlayer etc.

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2013, 06:25:34 PM »
P.s. I just noticed, in my last post whenever I say 'original xbox' I was referring to the original xbox 360. I never owned the first xbox because the PS2 was better.

Yeah it is all personal opinion and what console the people you want to play with have. A lot of Xbox users were switching to PS4 but now that MS have dropped the DRM I don't think that is the case any more, I was certainly prepared to get a PS4 because of that but I have no reason to now.

I owned a PS1 and PS2 but got the 360 over the PS3 and glad I did. The controls are mostly in the same place but I understand how it can be confusing if you are told to press a button on the screen e.g. X because it is in different places on the controllers) but you just have to go by the colours instead, and the triggers are far better imo because your fingers don't slide off (yay). PS controllers always seemed to small to me and were bad for long periods of playing.

The blueray players were expensive because they were fairly new and became popular close to the PS3 release. Now here I can get a good blueray player for £50 whereas the PS3 is still £150-£250 so it's no so much of a good deal any more.

I haven't really notice where MS gives you less and I'm not sure what kind of features you mean, I guess I haven't noticed because I don't use them. I just use my Xbox for games and I use the free TV catchup services like iPlayer etc.

I meant they give you less as in the part you needed to play dvd's on the original xbox, and no blue ray on the 360. As well as have to buy batteries for the controller (or buy a rechargable pack) They are just always charging you for simple things that Sony seems to always provide free. To me they are always trying to get into your pockets anyway they can.

My friends are still leaning towards the ps4 even though MS back peddled on what they originally said about not being able to play borrowed games. They only did that because Sony put them in a position where they had no choice. That alone would piss me off as a MS consumer and make me switch anyway.

And imo the xbox one looks like a 1986 VCR (and is $100 more than ps4) :P

Most of my friends have a 360,  and we tease each other all the time.. all in good fun ;)

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 06:29:06 PM by Ryze »

Offline Cookie

• Veteran Member
  • om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2013, 04:47:41 AM »
Yeah it's fair enough with the original Xbox, I've only had a 360 though so never noticed. MS had to decide between HD discs or blueray the same way Sony did. I would much rather have HD than blueray because of the faster loading times. Don't think there would be much of a graphics improvement between the 2, and as I said, today you can get blueray player dirt cheap anyway, but the disc prices are expensive. I've never switched to blueray because if the prices of them and am sticking to DVDs for now.

The controllers are the same price really. PS3 ones are rechargeable but more expensive, you can buy a wireless 360 controller with a play & charge kit (rechargeable pack + cable) for £2 more than the PS3 wireless controller. Not much difference really.

The next gen consoles are fairly even and just down to personal choice since there is no better option. MS looked bad because they were planning to do the always online thing but Sony were considering it and maybe backed out of the idea because they saw their chance to get a 1up on MS. Sony have a patent for discs that have a microchip on which is removed or disabled once put into a console to stop you using the disc on other consoles. I think it was too late for them to design it properly or they did just want to 1up MS by not adding it.

Yeah the XBO design is pretty lazy but the only thing Sony did was to make 1 side sloped to make it less square and add a light on it. I agree it still looks better than the Xbox for sure.
The prices are pretty much the same too since the Xbox includes the Kinect sensor and PS4s sensor equivalent is an optional extra which would bring it up to about the same price. Since the rumours about the Kinect sensor always having to be connected seem to have been dismissed now I would be surprised if MS didn't release the Xbox without the sensor to almost match the PS4s price, if they don't then it would be a missed opportunity.

P.s. If you don't like the size of the Xbox controllers you might be a little disappointed with the PS4 ones since they have put on a bit of weight (fatties) :P
Doubt it would be a problem for you because they are still a little smaller than the Xbox controllers I think. But worth a look so you aren't disappointed if you get one.

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2013, 12:31:00 PM »
Well said  :cc_detective:

But the blue ray discs here in the u.s. are only $5-$10 (unless it is a new movie, then $15-$20) I don't really use them anyway cause I download HD movies to my HDD on PSN for around $10-$15 each, and you're right, I don't see much of a difference in quality.

I don't mind the larger than average new ps4 controllers since they have a LED screen ( I think) I think they look great. I do hope at least one of my friends buy the XBO so we can have a comparison. I'm sure they will be pretty similar in functionality. However, this will be the first time I buy a PS right at launch and I know Sony will make newer and better ones (as will MS) as well as new colors. But I am going for it this time  ;D 

Offline Cookie

• Veteran Member
  • om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2013, 01:53:33 PM »
It has a touchpad but with no screen. It will be good to see how they compare. I'm going to hold off getting one of the next gen consoles at release and hopefully see if the prices drop a little and make sure there are no problems with them, but with the awesome game being released at the same time I will have to resist the temptation.

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2013, 10:22:05 PM »
I've had the ps4 pre ordered since day one, so I have to get it. But after a year or more when the next series comes out, I will get another one for friends/family that come over. I hope they make a white one ;)

I am loving the online so far. Many grind spots I found. There is a easy bump to grind at the Ferris wheel bridge, and a nice wr to grind where the blimp is located  :euro:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:45:47 PM by Ryze »

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2013, 12:40:23 AM »
I have to add one thing is the mods. In ps3, it's easy as fuck to hack some prestige (cod for example) and get it to work without getting banned, on the xbox, except if you get to a lobby, you cannot do it all by yourself. You can on some games yes, but most of them will get your account and your console banned.

These times, the XBL for one year is at 74CHF (50-60€) with 3free games every blabla time, dunno how long it is, but yeah, who care, I didn't get the live to get free games, just to have fun with friends.

I'd rather playing with my friends, having fun on the xbox than getting fucked by hackers on the ps3.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal