Author Topic: Burn - Technical Damage  (Read 14268 times)

Offline burn

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Burn - Technical Damage
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2013, 07:42:40 AM »
Nitro in Sandking & Quad (?)

As always, never hidden that. I'm using nitro on all 4 wheels vehicles.

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2013, 07:45:13 AM »
You can get nos on every vehicle, that's not modding, it's cheating, perfectly poss on ps2.

Offline Gaz

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2013, 07:58:17 AM »
You can get nos on every vehicle, that's not modding, it's cheating, perfectly poss on ps2.

It is absolutly ok for me. Everyone does it so i see no problem here. Didnt get the point why someone feels a necessary to point out things like this ( nice detection i guess ).

lovely intro beat, the main part was also cool and i am a fan of these kind of videos, but i had feel here that it was a little over the line. I wasnt really able to see what actually happend somewhere and i had to watch it again. I see the work and time you put into it and in general i actually enjoyed it pretty much, so great job both of you guys.

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2013, 08:19:54 AM »
It's cheating indeed, but how do you achieve hydraulics then too? I remember some Hotring thing in United for example where it both was used by Burn. Furthermore, if we allow all cheats available, then we'd even have some sort of anti-bail-off. I remember some guy making a topic about a cheat that did that, but the conclusion was that it better be not legit.

Actually all kind of cheats should be forbidden as they're only meant to make stunting easier (e.g. infinte health/armor & ghost town). These "supportive" cheats don't make impossible things possible, while using nitro and hydraulics upon natively not supporting vehicles does. The runup on the graveyard stunt with Quad for example gives the assumption that the vehicle doesn't reach the required speed without it, that'd make it impossible without cheating.

Offline burn

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2013, 08:24:00 AM »
It's cheating indeed, but how do you achieve hydraulics then too? I remember some Hotring thing in United for example where it both was used by Burn. Furthermore, if we allow all cheats available, then we'd even have some sort of anti-bail-off. I remember some guy making a topic about a cheat that did that, but the conclusion was that it better be not legit.

Actually all kind of cheats should be forbidden as they're only meant to make stunting easier (e.g. infinte health/armor & ghost town). These "supportive" cheats don't make impossible things possible, while using nitro and hydraulics upon natively not supporting vehicles does. The runup on the graveyard stunt with Quad for example gives the assumption that the vehicle doesn't reach the required speed without it, that'd make it impossible without cheating.

There are too much things we don't respect Rusch. The only thing that count to my eyes is nothing is modified, I can write I used nitro on all vehicles in the credits next time if needed

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2013, 08:31:10 AM »
I was actually the one who came up with the no-fall thing, however it doesn't work quite as you imagine. You can still bail easily by driving backwards, hitting walls/bumps really hard & when you don't bail you don't really bump anything above 10 ft, it's just a bit more convenient + it's a bitch to use & your replays become extra long, MMM used the method for at least 1 of his stunts & we both came to a conclusion that it doesn't really count as a non-legit method because of the fact that you still don't get any more successful bumps as you would without it.

Also, talking about map mods, you can't play them on ps2, so whatever you do in them as long as it doesn't affect the handling or count as actual modding should be green lighted.

Offline MaCi

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2013, 08:42:03 AM »
You've blown my mind again man. For me this ranks as top 5 SA vdeos ever made. Amazing work.

Beat, fantastic as always man, I'm glad you edited this.

Stunts:10/10
Editing: 10/10

This.

Offline Cooper

• Veteran Member
  • fumo porro meto drop bump
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2013, 08:51:36 AM »
Great stunting, just amazing :mellow:
The editing was cool too, but the executions where hard to understand
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:59:31 AM by Cooper »

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2013, 09:07:51 AM »
The only thing that count to my eyes is nothing is modified, I can write I used nitro on all vehicles in the credits next time if needed

The handling lines or something like that are surely still the same, but nitro and hydraulics change the way the vehicles act and give possibilities, which aren't there without cheating for those 2 "special abilities". The acceleration is forged a lot and leads to higher speeds on stunts with short runups where the vehicle usually doesn't reach it's max speed. Stuff like curb bumps with Hotring for example using hydraulics also might not be possible without cheating.

The community somewhat sadly got used to both being legit due to SAMP etc., whereas it actually shouldn't. I'm not accusing or punishing anyone for using it, but it does bring stuff down a lot for me. Then again it's just me and I'm very strict when it comes to stuff like that.

I'm taking your words about that other cheat Determined, but it most likely was just a plain example. Imagine people flying through tunnels with boats and shit like that. It's kinda stupid to pick out what cheats should be allowed and which shouldn't. Allowing them all leads to shit, whereas allowing none doesn't and wouldn't change a thing about stunting itself.

Offline NEM

• Board Mods
  • wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2013, 09:08:11 AM »
nice stoppies m8

Offline Named

• Precs Incoming
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2013, 09:15:07 AM »
Well...was Plani said, the french stunt machine is back, loved everything...in some moments the edit fumbled the stunts but its ok, are this stuff you losted when your HD burned btw?

Offline Scavenger

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2013, 09:31:04 AM »
I can only say successful comeback. It's really inspiring what you do for things with these vehicles. Unfortunately, I lost a few ideas. But also gained new ones. Even the execution of your stunts are very smooth. Hats off. You are and will continue to remain my idol. I hope you'll still make a lot of videos.

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2013, 09:34:45 AM »
Having seen some of those stuff before I already knew this was going to be a killer, however my expectations were shattered and even over-met with this video. There were too many great stunts which I haven't seen, I was particularly loving the wallrides to grind, the double bumps, and the finisher. Only thing bringing it down were some oldies, but they were very few in number and it's understandable since you were away from stunting for so long. All in all, top job, and I think it's going to be the best solo this year.

As for you Beat, I have to say I admire how you chosen such a style focused on attention to detail, on so many levels... I bet that just five frames of this video have more complexion than many other full videos. And maybe even more so for sticking with it til' the end! I've seen it so many times, people (myself included) kick off a video with a lot of details, and then get bored and do the rest of the video differently. Not this one. For your dedication and utter ownage for editing, I applaud you once again. It's not my favourite editing by you (I still dig Backstage the most, by far), but it certainly is one of the technically best executed and detailed edits ever (hence the title is a bit misleading :lol: ), if not the best. I kinda think of it as an Aureus that has been polished beyond recognition. Oh, almost forgot, the colour corrections were creaaaaaaaaam. If I were still editing I bet I would be kicking you around to have them.

9.5/10
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 09:37:21 AM by 行きます PtRvY! »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2013, 09:37:47 AM »
*snip*

It's all about having your own personal guidelines. As long as every form of modification/cheating is made clear to the viewer, it shouldn't matter what's used. Technically, almost every video is modded, it's just that we all have our own ideas of what is acceptable/unnaceptable. There's obvious things such as gravity mods, handling mods, SACC boosting, slowitdown and custom models/collisions which are obviously unacceptable to use while stunting. Then there's grey areas like ghosttown, infinite nitro, god mode and nitro in every car.

My personal line regarding nitro is that infinite nitro is modding, since it makes certain things possible that otherwise wouldn't be. I also don't like nitro on quads, since it's technically a bike, but I don't really mind if people use it. I also don't care about nitro in Sandking's, it's just not a big deal to me. Everyone has their line, but as long as these "grey areas" are put on the table, that's the only real solution to the "problem".

Offline toty

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2013, 10:15:56 AM »
Really a great editing, the intro is just  :blink: and the stunt  :blink:  :o i like some of your idea, lost 0.56 good job on landing this.
Allez marseille !!!!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal