Author Topic: Bioshock Infinite - PLAY IT!  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
Bioshock Infinite - PLAY IT!
« on: April 05, 2013, 07:19:09 AM »
Just finished this game and, wow. Probably the best story in a game ever made hands down, top-notch gameplay I literally haven't felt this good about a game since Half-Life 2.... this game is brilliant in every aspect, the gameplay is so non-linear and has so much variety and fluidity it's brilliant, the graphics on the PC are quite next-gen if I might say... the acting is superior, the world is just perfectly designed... I'd say this is the flawless first person shooter that puts all the previous first person shooters that even ATTEMPT to make a half-assed story to the fucking ground. It just OOZES with innovation and brilliance.

I never liked the older Bioshock games (didn't play them more than 30 minutes, kinda regret it now), they turned me off because they were themed so bleak even though I really liked the concept. So when I saw this one I was like omfg same concept but with blue skies and colorz YAY! though it eventually goes into bleak atmospheres like the older games.

The only thing that upsets me is that this game is only like 9/10 story wise until the very last 30 minutes. Those were literally the best 30 minutes I've ever had in a video game EVER, I was so agape my mouth was dry by the time the credits appeared. We need more games like this..

BioShock Infinite - Launch Trailer

The game can be easily spoiled so don't read anything about it, if you like proper fiction/mystery and you also like first person shooter gameplay, this is probably the best FPS you're going to play. Unless FPS means Modern Warfare to you which excludes you from the human species.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 07:25:39 AM by Beat »

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
Re: Bioshock Infinite - PLAY IT!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 07:44:46 AM »
I was just going to make a thread about the game. I feel a little bit annoyed after you know, getting it in the non-nice way, because it just blew my mind. I never played any other Bioshocks before, but this.. I almost cried at the end because I had really no idea what was going on, but I was like "hey, no, don't do this to me, Elizabeth you are so fucking nice and shit". I still have no idea what that was on the end tho.  anyway, the acting was flawless if you ask me, I loved it all. Elizabeth is by far my favourite female character ever in a game, she's so cute and all curious in the beginning. loved that game. finished it on hard on  the first playthrough, and it was indeed pretty hard. I think I will buy this if there will be a discount on the gaming event I am going next Saturday. also yeah, the graphics are kickass, I played it on ultra-high settings and had no problems at all. quite the flawless game there, and so far game of the year. the only thing that may change this is Watch Dogs. anyway, people, if you are searching for a game worth spending at least 8 hours on it (I think it took me 10 hours to finish the game), try this out. it's worth every fucking moment.

Offline Kacknase

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 07:51:12 AM »
I heavily disagree with your perception of the gameplay because I actually found it to be VERY linear and monotonous. It had absolutely no freedom of choice, the usage of vigors could have been way more clever and the level design was beside it's elusively and detailed appearance a trampled path. You passed the infinite combats (no pun intended) just to get to know the next part of the storyline. Moral choices that actually affect the story and varied combats would've benefit the game and that's where it gave away it's huge potential.

However the story was without a doubt one of the best things ever to happen to gaming. Clever characters that you actually cared for (even if Lizzy's AI was weird sometimes) and an absolute masterpiece of an ending made the game almost perfect. Too bad that it has it's mentioned downsides, atleast for me.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 08:21:06 AM »
I was going to play it, but then I watched the end.

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 10:59:00 AM »
I heavily disagree with your perception of the gameplay because I actually found it to be VERY linear and monotonous. It had absolutely no freedom of choice

Well my post was mainly comparing it to other FPS titles... so in comparison to those you had tons of choices on how to tackle your enemies, especially with Elizabeth's tear abilities and so on.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal