Author Topic: Looking for great PS2 games  (Read 3149 times)

Offline Biel

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Looking for great PS2 games
« on: March 24, 2013, 12:59:55 AM »
Hello, in these days I was in the mood to play ps2 and bought 5 dvd-r to burn some games, I already burned God Of War 2 and Def Jam For NY.

I have more 3 DVD-R to burn but I don't know any good game. I want something like god of war, an epic and interesting game with an epic history. Can you guys told me some great ones? :P
PS: I already have the god of war 1.

Offline JustCaus3

• aka tuutti
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for great PS2 games
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 03:08:00 AM »
TOCA Race driver 2 by Codemasters is maybe my favorite PS2 game. Believe it or not but I always enjoyed playing the official King Kong game, was so great when you were running away from a huge ass dinosaurus by foot. Shit was intense.

Umm what else.. The Godfather game by EA was also really catchy. Don't bother trying the 2nd Godfather game cuz it's garbage compared to the first one.
I'll edit this post if I come up with more good games I have in my shelf.  :ajaja:

Offline Omma!

• SeƱor Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 03:10:27 AM »
All Jak & Daxter series, SSX 3

Offline Poti

• Cisowianka
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 03:16:13 AM »
Mortal Combat - Shaolin Monks < Epicness story like from a real movie. That game offer us cooperation mode, we can kick some asses with our friend. Not so hard combos which looks great. For me one of the best ps2 games.

Offline PrzemOO

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 04:55:56 AM »
007 Nightfire, Tekken 5, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, Gran Turismo 4, Shadow the Hedgehog.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 05:23:22 AM »
ICO
Really unique game where you play as a boy who has been put in jail because he has horns. The game is basically you running around trying to escape from the castle/jail you were put in. Along the way you come across a girl, which you decide to help escape as well. So you have to drag her along figuring out puzzles and fighting shadow like creatures. The game has almost no dialouge and the atmosphere is the whole game.

Shadow of the Colossus
This game is made by the same company that made ICO and it's a kind of loosely prequal to it. The game is about this guy called Wander, who rides into "the forbidden land" in hopes of reviving a girl from the dead. To do this he must defeat 16 collosi. The game is basically 16 boss fights and your journey to them. The game is huge, and there is so much to explore. Much like ICO this game is very focused on the atmosphere. Also the fights are freaking epic.

Ratchet and Clank
It's been a while since I played this as my disc is broken, but as far as I remember it's about this guy called ratchet, who comes over a little robot, clank. Clank has a message about some dude trying to destory a planet, or the universe or whatever. So the two set out on a journey to different planets doing different missions. The game is fun packed and has lots of fun weapons and gadgets. I remember sucking up enemies and shooting them on other enemies. I remember shoes that let you grind along rails. It was a ton of fun.

Quidditch World Cup
Fucking love this game, it's like your average sports games, except it's Quidditch. You can you can either play against your friend or you can hop on the world cup and play against different countries that have their unique attacks and stadiums. The game is a ton of fun, but can get a bit repetitive, at least if you are playing with a friend with equal skill. The game will mostly be you two snatching the ball from each other before either of you get a chance to score.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 05:35:41 AM by Simon »

Offline Gryzlek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 05:24:58 AM »
Tekken 5, SSX 3, Vice City Stories, Gran Turismo 4, Burnout 3: Takedown, Black, God of War 2, Ratchet & Clank

Just a bunch of my favorite PS2 games that came to my mind.

Offline Shingetsu

• The Dark Matter
  • Veteran Member
  • Azurex Studio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 06:04:12 AM »
Mortal Combat - Shaolin Monks < Epicness story like from a real movie. That game offer us cooperation mode, we can kick some asses with our friend. Not so hard combos which looks great. For me one of the best ps2 games.
It's Masterpiece  :wub:
and Devil May Cry 3

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 06:06:22 AM »
-Burnout 3: Takedown; if you enjoy fast paced racing. Like really fast paced.
-Ratchet and Clank 1; Recently finished it for the 4th time. Fully. All golden weapons and stuff. My favorite PS2 game and my favorite game ever.
-SSX 3; Snowboarding and it has great gameplay and variety. The maps all have insane shortcuts that are sometimes really really hard to find. That metro city is by far my favorite.
-Tony Hawks American Wasteland; Only skateboarding game I ever really liked. Although the follow up was pretty good aswell.

I played these until the disc's broke. I re-bought Burnout 3 and Ratchet and Clank.  :P Even playing Burnout 3 atm because I don't enjoy playing xbox anymore.

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 06:14:04 AM »
Okami: One of the bets looking games on the system. The art style is simply superb. The gameplay is unlike anything I've played before. The story is also amazing.

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 07:34:05 AM »
Tekken 3.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile