Author Topic: FPS in SA  (Read 1143 times)

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
FPS in SA
« on: September 21, 2012, 07:29:24 AM »
So I just got a new computer, and figured I'd try stunting in SA for a change. I think I've heard that it's possible to get the frame rate up to 250+ FPS, is that true? On mine it's stable at around 100FPS. Is there any way I can improve it?

I don't know how much FPS matters though, I think me not being able to bump properly has more to do with my lack of skill than the FPS lol, but it'd be nice to hear some replies ^^

Also I'm loving the Hydra! So much fun flying around : D

Offline Omma!

• SeƱor Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: FPS in SA
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 07:32:07 AM »
100 FPS is more than enough for sa stunting, i guess having 250FPS will fuck up replays :P

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 07:33:03 AM »
You won't feel a big difference between 100 & 250 fps, hell I can land most of my stunts with 40-60, which are considered insane big airs, it really only matters with rollboosting, as long as you have above 80 you're fine & shouldn't worry about having more.
I keep mine locked to either 25 or 60, it provides for smoother reps, bigger spins, faster grinds & sexier grabs  :euro:

Offline Felly_eS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 07:35:31 AM »
Same as Determined :)

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 07:36:22 AM »
Oh, thanks dude, I'll do that then. Guess I'm gonna have to keep working on those bigairs lol. Would you say it's harder to become good in SA than VC? To me it feels like VC is more stylish, but also more random and luck based, while SA stuff usually strikes me as very technical but not always as good looking :P

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 07:40:42 AM »
It's a lot easier to get into SA than it is to VC, as CJ is more resilient & won't bail as much & once you get the feel of the bumps, they become a lot easier to execute. Where in VC you bump successfully around 1/10 times, for SA it's often more than 5/10. Another great advantage is that packers don't move forward when you bump them as opposed to VC, they instead get kind of stuck in the ground a bit, so once you set it up, you can bump it for hours with no end without having to reset them once.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 06:06:01 AM »
If you use the mod to increase FPS your stunts will be seen as modded, since it lets you reach impossible FPS limits (and that mod messes with the physics anyway). Good luck starting in SA :D

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 07:56:13 AM »
I don't think you will feel much difference above 80 fps :P Try some stunts with FL-ON too, you'll get some sick spins.  :)

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 07:59:16 AM »
You won't really need more than 60 fps to do good stunts or get some decent RADs, and above 80 fps is no difference in gameplay at all, until you use that stream.ini extender tool.

Offline Syny

• People need to learn and enjoy solitude
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/SrSyny
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 05:54:14 PM »
Agree with SS, don't use mods to increase your FPS, on this way your stunts will be seen as modded.
Good luck in your SA journey.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal