Author Topic: laptop trouble  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Lolko

• DP Crew
  • Double Penetrators <3
    • View Profile
laptop trouble
« on: August 23, 2012, 03:36:55 PM »
hello guys

My sister had a Samsung laptop (Intel B950 [2.10 ghz dual-core], 4gb of ram,and a Nvidia GeForce GT 520mx 512mb,+ a dedicated intel hd graphic 2000.
She had a trouble while playing Sims 3,the game basicly running fucking smooth,just freezing in every ~5 min,and need to close the application.Tried with charging on / off, nothing happened.
Someone had some solution for this?

Offline MikeyMouse

• Vladivostok Brother | Addicted To Taxi's
    • View Profile
Re: laptop trouble
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 03:46:45 PM »
Just like with an aweful lot of games on laptops, go to your control panel, go to system and maintenance, then system, then advanced settings on the left hand side (i'm hoping this is similar to your sisters laptop) then under the tab advanced click on settings under the performance section, then go to data execution prevention, and change the little dot thing over to turn on dep for essential windows programs and services only, should do the trick  :euro:

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 04:11:21 PM »
Play it in the freezer.
Every self-respecting Hungarian must have a walk-in freezer in their house, that's common knowledge.

Offline Lolko

• DP Crew
  • Double Penetrators <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 04:16:57 PM »
Play it in the freezer.
Every self-respecting Hungarian must have a walk-in freezer in their house, that's common knowledge.
sorry for i can't express myself with my crappy english :cc_detective:

btw problem solved: in the nvidia control panel,a setting was setted on: automatic pick,(that bitch program selected the integrated video card [64 mb] ) and then we were just fucking annoyed why the program stopped working.After we found that setting,we just setted on ,,select better nvidia card" and the game is just working wonderfully.

hope that topic will help somebody.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal