Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
Re: [UV]+
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 03:19:04 PM »
Am I the only one who didn't feel this one? I don't mean to sound like a cranky old man or a dumbfounded non-conformist that dislike something just because the majority do, but I really disliked the colors on this one & it didn't strike me as atmospheric, it was rather hard on the eyes. Overall it was good, I liked some of the effects & I noticed some neat tricks that I could improve my editing on as well, the lighting up on the finisher was by far one of the smoothest things I've seen, but I can't say I liked the vid in general, it just seemed way too overproduced & unnatural, while there were a lot of subtleties, I find that some of the effects & especially the colors should've been toned down a notch to blend in with the whole vid. A for the effort & creativity, but overall, I'd give it a 7/10, for now. Maybe it'll grow on me after I'll have watched it a few more times, I've had that happen in the past, but for now, it just seems bland to me.

As for the stunts, they were top notch, loved all of the creative technical stuff, really great mix of everything. Jeff was by far the most surprising & creative one, loved his stuff.

Offline Syny

• People need to learn and enjoy solitude
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/SrSyny
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 05:06:44 PM »
Great video. Sweet editing BeaT, loved the atmosphere. Also cool stunts, finisher was amazing.  :ajaja:

Offline TheGT4sm

• Veteran Member
  • BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 05:47:52 PM »
Fucking nice. Especially the editing.

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2012, 05:55:16 PM »
Just to make it clear because many people has it confused, every mask effect and every tracked effect is all hours of hand made frame by frame work in Vegas and only in Vegas, no other software was involved because they never gave me the result I wanted : )
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 05:57:40 PM by Beat »

Offline Named

• Precs Incoming
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2012, 06:03:34 PM »
Just to make it clear because many people has it confused, every mask effect and every tracked effect is all hours of hand made frame by frame work in Vegas and only in Vegas, no other software was involved because they never gave me the result I wanted : )

Just epic...really, fucking good job  :lol:

Offline TrYp

• Veteran Member
  • X
    • View Profile
    • http://sampforum.hu
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2012, 10:37:08 PM »
The finisher surprised me the most, didn't expect that epicness from a stunter I've never heard about.
Other then that, the stunts were kinda awesome, good job everyone.

Also Beat, your best editing so far, that's what most people can enjoy in my opinion.

Offline __JREN

• Beyond Tomorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2012, 10:49:53 PM »
This is the power of Sony Vegas in the right hands sirs!

Offline Squeak

• Forbidden Element
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2012, 12:08:17 AM »
I am the only one here who thinks the VFX overview is better than the vid itself? D:

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 03:04:37 AM »
Heres the download link: http://www.multiupload.nl/M5HT6UQREX , my good friend Zenaku is making a Mediafire mirror. Keep the feedback going everyone :P!

Offline Dundee

• NORDKURVE
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2012, 03:42:39 AM »
Really really awesome work Beat.
I think it took alot of minutes/hours to do these masked effects. The finisher was perfectly edited and the idea was just awesome.
I saw some little hidden things too like at 2:19 over the fence or the masking/chroma key at the billboard... but i saw these effect only with high quality so I prefer ALL to download or see this video with 720p quality.
This is your best editing so far ;)

Stuntingwise great too,
I loved Scavenger's crane stunt, Daksad's mtb wallride, Hidden's Ontop Infernusstunt (FINALLY someone landet it ontop ;D) and ofc the finisher. The other stunts were good too and some stunts looks a little bit leftoverish but good anyway ;)

Overall: By now best collab this year imo so I hope to see more like this art  ;)

Offline Jubito

• I got CDs in my crate like crack in my pocket...yeah right, neither of the above
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 03:47:54 AM »
Astonishing. I really really liked the editing and it's by far my favorite edit of yours at this point BeaT. Same goes for the stunts, great ideas and executions ;D
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:49:54 AM by Jubito »

Offline Amaluna

• Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2012, 03:50:07 AM »
Let this be a preview. Salyn is going to blow your mind from now on. Salyn is the most underrated stunter in my opinion atleast. Mainly because i've seen most of his stunts already. Salyn i love you  :wub:

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2012, 04:56:09 AM »
Are you implying that the hands of other editors will defile the program?

Offline value

• internationaler player
  • thabang
    • View Profile
    • YOUTUBE
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2012, 05:03:45 AM »
Are you implying that the hands of other editors will defile the program?

pahahahah no I guess its just a fan ;-D

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2012, 05:14:02 AM »
Stunting wise it was a lil disappointing. The last 2 stunts were the best imo. Named's bump 2 stadium in LS also would've been awesome to top (good thinking on the runup there man). And GJ plak on landing that tree bump 2 precision, I've wasted days on that some years ago lol. jeff's palm landing is old and there probably have been a few more. Also... damn you FTO for just landing the square at Grove Street, I fell off the bow not too long ago.

I didn't like the colors in this at all as they were way too strong and already kinda annoyed. It was rather unpleasant on YouTube, so I downloaded it today. I expected some blue/violet tones instead of this green + a red interlude which don't match the title. I thought those "errors" applied on the nametags were a little distracting. The masks weren't bad, but the same look could've been achieved easier. Good effort though I guess, they seemed sharp all in all. I don't get why you add borders to a 16:9 video, they're widescreen already anyway lol. Otherwise one would at least see more of the game. The camera work was okay. The only one I disliked on that aspect was jeff's natas spin. The song was okay and quite editable. Overall this wasn't too bad, but the colors kinda killed it for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal