Author Topic: Ask'n'Stuff  (Read 24903 times)

JL

Re: Ask'n'Stuff
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2012, 11:17:42 AM »
Here's why i have trouble voting:
Most importantly, i don't have an overview on this tournament. 'keep forgetting where i already voted, and where i still have to. (... as of now, still no idea. if im still missing stuff just let me know)

Then, there were like no instructions from the guy(s) in charge at all. :P I mean it's completely obvious what the job of a judge is - watch the entries and vote - but there remains an insecure feeling.

Also a big problem, and i have the feeling i might be alone with experiencing this; i remain unsure about how to judge the entries on most matches. Some of the objectives are just plain random, they don't make sense.

for instance:
Best rage edit where the first angle has to be a freecam or cinematic angle
After i learned what a "rage edit" actually is, that stuff in itself totally makes sense and there's no doubt about voting for the guy who can do the most pleasant & aggressive editing. However the bold part after that just seems randomly thrown in and is kinda compareable to giving a golfing-pro the handicap of having to wear purple pants while playing.

I understand that it's propably not easy to come up with objectives for an editing tournament. In the end it's obviously better to actually have a tournament than nothing at all, but ... c'mon ...

Due to that, there were like 2-3 matches where i frequently had to watch the entries because i couldn't make a decision and that process got stretched over a couple of days...

So yeah, that's my 2 cents. I'd love to hear from other judges on this.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 11:37:19 AM by JL »

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2012, 11:44:50 AM »
Then next time, IF there is a next round, I'll throw in simple and overused objectives.

Offline MxZz.

• Board Mods
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2012, 11:57:30 AM »
I know I'm not a judge, but I understand and agree with everything you said. To be honest, that tournament is totally rushed, it's like phamus just gave up a bit for it.. I love it, but yeah..

I still hope it will goes until the end, because that might be the last tournament of gtas due to the inactivity everywhere. C'mon phamus.. at least, give us some news about you, if anything is going bad, you could tell it to us instead of going inactive.. I hope everything goes well for you, and also hope you will come back as soon as possible.

Will pm him because it's going worse and worse everyday.

@XTO No, do not do that, just do a challenge well find, where the judge has the ability to vote. I mean, the objective itself has to be understood by everyone.. So yeah, I could give you some help if you want some. The objectives I give will obviously not be for me.

Daaamn, I just wrote that like a pig, I hope you will understand everything, because I lack motivation to read everything..

C'mon LFET, be as active as you were the last year D:

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2012, 12:03:38 PM »
I still hope it will goes until the end, because that might be the last tournament of gtas due to the inactivity everywhere. C'mon phamus.. at least, give us some news about you, if anything is going bad, you could tell it to us instead of going inactive.. I hope everything goes well for you, and also hope you will come back as soon as possible.

The point is that I sent a PM to him, spoke to him over Skype and he said he did read my PM asking him to post the next rounds. It's not like he doesn't know what's going on. He's just not interested in organizing his own tournament. He comes online almost every single day, and do nothing about this.

LFET is HIS tournament and has nothing to do with GTAs, he should be the one interested with the outcome of this, finding new judges, finding objectives, gathering stunts, BUT instead, he asked me to do everything. While I was the one doing the hard work, he just had his name as the organizer.

I'm not up for this if he doesn't give a damn. I won't even bother, I'll be traveling on vacation and won't be able to post during christmas and new year's eve, maybe until the 15th.

Furthermore, if people want me to, I can organize the next GTAs ET, thus I don't feel like stressing myself with this. I wouldn't have nothing to do with this tournament if he didn't ask me. I'm glad I can be useful and that he looked up for me to HELP him, but man, it's just degrading to do everything by myself.

JL

« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2012, 12:05:51 PM »
I could try and help coming up with some objectives aswell. Didn't ask you to use 'old and overused' ones....

Offline Mati

• Dr. Dre
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2012, 05:47:58 AM »
Poor organization, waiting for GTASET.

Offline value

• internationaler player
  • thabang
    • View Profile
    • YOUTUBE
« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2012, 07:58:16 AM »
yh just cancel it, if theres a tournament soon I'll sign up ;-)

Offline MxZz.

• Board Mods
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2012, 08:11:51 AM »
I am interested in this. The only one who is not, is Phamus, and he's the leader. Lemme lead and participate into this. I don't wanna see it dying seriously D: + I've got a bit of time.

Offline ZeRo_

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2012, 08:15:38 AM »
Yeah I'd also like this to be finished. Put Mxz in charge and we'll see. :)

Offline MxZz.

• Board Mods
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2012, 09:43:56 AM »
Just saying that christmas, will be with my family this year. So yeah, we might take a little "pause" during christmas. I'll do everything once I get the right to do that. :3

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2012, 11:57:39 AM »
Ok, mxz, contact me via else where, I'll send you the stunts I still have, the details for group matches and so on. You can handle this if you want

Offline MxZz.

• Board Mods
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2012, 11:42:21 PM »
Everything has been Updated. Just check the "Info" topic right here. http://www.gtastunting.net/index.php?topic=62270.0 IT WILL ALWAYS BE UPDATE, SO NEVER FORGET TO LOOK AT IT!

Offline MxZz.

• Board Mods
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #147 on: December 14, 2012, 02:41:11 AM »
I could post only 1 match for now, will post the others later.

Offline MxZz.

• Board Mods
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #148 on: December 24, 2012, 10:52:45 AM »
C'mon guys, we're approaching the deadling faster than we think. Prepare yourself to submit your entries soon. Thanks. :)

Offline Erney

• Veteran Member
  • Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 24, 2012, 12:31:20 PM »
Still waitning..  :sleep:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal