Author Topic: Arrival - PerformerFX  (Read 2462 times)

Offline Performer

• Kind of a maniac
    • View Profile
    • PerformerFX
Arrival - PerformerFX
« on: June 07, 2012, 08:18:01 AM »

"Arrival", yes this is my very first Stuntingmovie and my start in the GTA stuntingscene. A few years ago,
when i started modding san andreas, I'm joined in some GTA forum. At that time the Internet was still something completely new for me. I knew nothing, was very curious and very unsuspectingly what actually happens here. But I liked it and quickly becamed a regular there. Just what  has this story to do with this movie?

One day some user was posting a Stuntingmovie there and I had never heard of stunts or even stuntmovies... I was very impressed about whats possible in San Andreas and especially of the video editing, that were something I've never seen before. And since that I swore to myself: "ONE DAY YOU WILL DO THIS, TOO!"
And that's what I made with this minimovie. I'm "Arrived" here!

I'm not new in Sony Vegas editing but I'm new in GTAStunting and be sure this WONT be my last Stuntingmovie ...

This movie is a bit short, because many of you wanted to see my skills. And I didnt want you guys wait long, so its just 1:20 minutes. But I worked intensive 4 Days on it. I am satisfied with the result. Not my best work, but just fine for the start. In the future, more movies of me will follow. For those who dont want miss that, can subscribe right here to my channel on youtube. It would also be nice, if you could give me some feedback, to make my movies better.

I wish you much fun watching it and for those people who got questions (also for editing), just ask me. I'll answer them as soon as I can :)

Sincerly, Performer
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:06:34 AM by Performer »

Offline PM

• View Profile
Re: Arrival - PerformerFX
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 08:35:20 AM »
I liked it. You should work on your cameras, but great for your first gtas work.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:36:58 AM by Promagic »

Offline Performer

• Kind of a maniac
    • View Profile
    • PerformerFX
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 08:41:46 AM »
I liked it. You should work on your cameras, but great for your first gtas work.
Yeah... But I couldn't figure out, howto use cam hack with replays...

I guess I have to focus more on the gamescenes itself, instead of the editing.

But I'm glad you liked this one :)

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 08:46:09 AM »
It was okay. I couldn't really enjoy it that much because of the music but I'm just that metal.

If I were you, I'd improve on your camera angles. Depending on the stunt, you need to think of the distance of the camera to the vehicle and it also depends on the music. In this case a kind of close camera was a good choice but don't ever make it this close, it's killing my eyes, especially with the CC. Speaking of which, you could have done better. Less bloom, a more subtle vignette would be good. Maybe blending the colors more into the look would also be good. Another tip, so you won't burn anyone's eyes out: use motion track to resize your clips to 16:9 instead of just pan/cropping it all/zooming with motion track. It's a real eyesore when I have to look at stunts where every vehicle looks like a fucking skyscraper. And last: either optimize or remove the motion blur from your ENB, it makes it too hard to look at the stunt. Instead of focusing on the stunt, the editing should make it easily viewable and soothing for the eye (if you're not using metal :P)

Aside from that all, I know you can do much better. But next time you're making a video with my stunts in it, don't call it your stunt vid, people will get misunderstandings. :euro: I'll wait for the moment you release your next clip with high expectations, so do your best.

Yeah... But I couldn't figure out, howto use cam hack with replays...

I guess I have to focus more on the gamescenes itself, instead of the editing.

But I'm glad you liked this one :)
You can't use cam hack in replays as far as we know. You can use Freeplay though, which you can find right here. And this is something I sticked to: you don't need to spend all of your thoughts and energy into the editing, because even some good, calm angles without any effects will look better than some wacky shitty angles with an overload of "realistic" effects. Unless you're a huge troll like me, but you'll learn about that after you've stayed here well over a year.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:50:56 AM by mµgetsµ™ »

Offline Asaaj

• Spaalonebabuguuscooties
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 08:50:26 AM »
You don't necessarily have to use camhack. Get freeplay it's a nice tool to get those camera angles that you wouldn't get without it. Just don't overuse it too much and you're good to go.

Good video for a start :)

Ich würde halt nur die Orange CC(?) weglassen weil die doch schon etwas vom eigentlichem Video ablenkt.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:57:58 AM by SugarQb »

Offline Performer

• Kind of a maniac
    • View Profile
    • PerformerFX
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 09:02:56 AM »
Thank you all for feedback... I have a long weekend now and I guess I start now with my 2nd movie errr I'm Sorry I meant  "mµgetsµ™" 's Movie ;)

I will defently will get rid of the skyscraper vehicles, hiphop music, bad cameras and will choose a more decent CC.

I have one question left: How do I get rid of those "near cars" in the replays. It helps nothing if I press "V"  :o

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 09:10:24 AM »
Oh please, just call me Mugetsu. :P

You're probably misinterpreting it. I think the "near cars" thing you're talking about, since the toggle button you mentioned is V, is to get the camera real close to the cars, or real far.

Now I misread your sentence, could you post a screenshot of what's happening in the replay and precisely describe what you want to happen?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:13:18 AM by mµgetsµ™ »

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 09:36:50 AM »
Oh better than expected actually, since you never had any relation with GTAS editing it looked really good man, claps to you.

I'd just highlight some things I didn't liked.
First of all work on your camera angles, try using some far angles and then make them go slowly closer to the player, or you can do a close camera (if it's while a radding would be better, focus on the front part, like engines if you know what I mean :lol:) and then slowly make it go far away, you can also make some normal camera movement,s nothing so fancy and you can add pan/crop in sony vegas.
ENB looked pretty much amazing combined with that cc, just the blurring was kind of bothering sometimes.
Oh and try to not move your mouse too much, just make it slowly and flow.

This part it's hard to explan so I'll just leave you a little example of how I do it.

Editing Audition.wmv

Here is another lovely example of camera movement, this clip is by Mugetsu.

Mugetsu - Stunts on Cooper's map

Offline Performer

• Kind of a maniac
    • View Profile
    • PerformerFX
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 11:06:08 AM »

Offline Sleixe

• Veteran Member
  • Tommehh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 11:28:45 AM »
Too much bloom and shit. It more looks like 30min project than 4 days.

I didn't like it.

Offline DeathMazhine

• Veteran Member
  • INSTAGRAM: BUGAZERA
    • View Profile
    • YOUTUBE CHANNELS
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 12:48:49 PM »
3/5

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 12:25:39 AM »
Oh better than expected actually, since you never had any relation with GTAS editing it looked really good man, claps to you.

I'd just highlight some things I didn't liked.
First of all work on your camera angles, try using some far angles and then make them go slowly closer to the player, or you can do a close camera (if it's while a radding would be better, focus on the front part, like engines if you know what I mean :lol:) and then slowly make it go far away, you can also make some normal camera movement,s nothing so fancy and you can add pan/crop in sony vegas.
You can indeed do that, but you need a steady hand, need to know when to use it, in short it just takes in many factors, just don't use it too much. And by using pan/crops you won't get the same effect since it's just the FOV changing.

Offline Spike

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 03:39:13 AM »
pretty good for the first video , but like the other already said , the cam angles are bad

I have one question left: How do I get rid of those "near cars" in the replays. It helps nothing if I press "V"  :o
ich verstehe die frage nicht so genau :L wenn du weiter von den autos wegzoomen willst , dann drücke beide maustasten und bewege die maus nach hinten  :D

Offline Performer

• Kind of a maniac
    • View Profile
    • PerformerFX
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 03:54:00 AM »
wenn du weiter von den autos wegzoomen willst , dann drücke beide maustasten und bewege die maus nach hinten  :D
Ja genau das war das Problem. DANKE  :a-cheer:

Englsih: Yep, that was the problem. Thx

Offline tomiboy

• pls
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • tomiboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 05:42:53 AM »
i REALLY didn't like the music and the cam angels  :unsure: but rest was okay :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal