Author Topic: Looking for a song from GTA video  (Read 2330 times)

Offline Kukiel

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Looking for a song from GTA video
« on: March 27, 2012, 01:55:49 PM »
Shit, I have no idea how to describe it. I really don't know. It's a bit funny, has some drums on it and is I'd say funky. The singer sounds australian and sings some some notes, stops for split seconds and continues.  It highly reminds me of New Bread and ATS. It could be Kert's video too. I'm not sure whether it was used in main sequence or intro/outro but I believe there was some usage of pan and crop and some colors.
I realize how hard it is to figure out what I mean but please give it a shot. Post some videos (both SA and VC, though I believe it was VC) that could have used this song.

e: I believe it was intro/outro rather than main part. I'm sure it had some stunting/ingame image in it though.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:57:33 PM by Kukiel »

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a song from GTA video
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 01:58:35 PM »
Shit, I have no idea how to describe it. I really don't know. It's a bit funny, has some drums on it and is I'd say funky. The singer sounds australian and sings some some notes, stops for split seconds and continues.  It highly reminds me of New Bread and ATS. It could be Kert's video too. I'm not sure whether it was used in main sequence or intro/outro but I believe there was some usage of pan and crop and some colors.
I realize how hard it is to figure out what I mean but please give it a shot. Post some videos (both SA and VC, though I believe it was VC) that could have used this song.

e: I believe it was intro/outro rather than main part. I'm sure it had some stunting/ingame image in it though.

Almost imposs to guess  :lol: I will think a little bit...

Offline Kukiel

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 02:04:38 PM »
I looked through New Bread videos and it's not there. It's not in ATS videos either. I'm fucked, the song is stuck in my head. Freaking earworm.

I'm sure it was used in some New Bread style video. It was just all positive and energetic yet very uncommon, unpopular.

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 02:11:45 PM »
You are sure you watched Dynamo and Slamfunk? The songs from these video were the only ones that matched the characteristics you mentioned and that i could remember.  :euro:

Also - Kings Of Leon-Be Somebody From Kert's solo.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:13:58 PM by Plani »

Offline Kukiel

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 02:12:51 PM »
There's no Dynamo link avalaible. I cheked Slamfunk though.

It kind of reminds of outro song from this, has similar vibe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdE-gm5HM2Q&feature=player_embedded#

e: it's not that one unfortunately, the one I'm thinking of was happier and more silly (about kerts solo song)

Offline Roach

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 02:14:36 PM »
I'm pretty sure that those songs are not what you're talking about but anyway. I'm posting videos with my favourite soundtracks and also a little bit similar to your description. They are really popular so it makes me more convinced that you wrote about something different.

VR ShapeShifting

[VC]TMS

[SA] This&That

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 02:17:20 PM »
You can't recall ONE word of the lyrics? :|

Offline PrzemOO

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 02:21:07 PM »
You should probably record yourself trying to sing it or something, that'd be helpful. :lol:

Offline Kukiel

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 02:24:22 PM »
Those indeed are some of the best soundtracks ever used but as well not the one I'm looking for.

Again, the one was really silly/happy and by rather unknown author. Pan/crop shake over some stunt/ingame image with possibility of color changes.

A thing about lyrics: they were really unclear therefore a reason i'm convinced vocalist wan't american. It didnt sound british either. I'm pretty sure it was english. The part I have stuck in my head might actually had no meaningful lyrics just some lalalala style ones. They rhymed though.

I'm not gonna record myself I tried to sing it outloud and it didn't sound not one bit right :P

tatada... tatada... tatada... tatada... tatata tadadada... tatata tadadada...  pedal on drums

I know, fucking helpful right? :lol:

e: Seriously, just please post videos with what you believe is silly song. Please, it's killing me. :(
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:25:59 PM by Kukiel »

Offline PrzemOO

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

Offline Kukiel

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »
It was less Irish. But good effort it was certainly silly! Keep em coming!

Second one is quite known and a bit too fast. The vocalist had deeper voice.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:35:40 PM by Kukiel »

Offline 灰野 敬二

• 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 02:38:02 PM »

Offline Kukiel

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 02:41:24 PM »
Funny enough I once used The Hoosiers - Goodbye Mr A in my solo. :P
The very song I'm thinking was less energetic and when it comes to drums they were pretty limited, you could hear them only when vocalist stopped singing for second. At least that's how I remember it. It had less instruments and though it was energetic, it was not fast. Shit, can't describe it too well.

e: The effect was a bit like the one on 2:00. But though the song was slower, drums on that very effect were faster.
Off The Wall
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:54:46 PM by Kukiel »

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 02:58:45 PM »
Kindergarden have a similar effect.

Offline 灰野 敬二

• 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花