Author Topic: Call Of Duty  (Read 3119 times)

Offline MikeyMouse

• Vladivostok Brother | Addicted To Taxi's
    • View Profile
Call Of Duty
« on: March 05, 2012, 01:47:22 PM »
Well someone had to start it XD, what are your thoughts on the Call Of Duty franchise, the games in general, or the treyarch + infinity ward companies. I just want to hear your opinions so they can be positive or negative anything goes. I personally hate the way the companies treat their customers, i mean map packs for a quarter of what you pay for the game itself? A total rip off. However the game itself is actually rather enjoyable and requires a level of skill in which i see many people on this forum have with stunting. I'm split 50/50 really, what about you?

Offline Davve

• Veteran Member
  • Colossus
    • View Profile
Re: Call Of Duty
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 02:05:16 PM »

Offline Gryzlek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 03:04:09 PM »
2 completely different games..how to compare? its like apples with strawberries.

Offline Artifex

• Artifex
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 03:06:32 PM »
However Call of duty are complete sell outs I keep playing the game,  I just like playing with a sniper and run around with it getting kill feeds and perfect accuracy and stuff instead of Battlefield which is more a strategic game.

Offline MikeyMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 03:27:53 PM »
I agree, however sniping feels as if its lost its charm for me, I just popped onto Modern Warfare 2 and every snipes, I mean everyone. And then I come back to Modern Warfare 3 and its just..ugh, I guess all FPS games will be like that, if anyone is interested I do create COD montages as well, preferably sniping stuff.

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 04:06:30 PM »
It's been going downhill ever since COD4.

Offline MikeyMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 04:13:30 PM »
Yeah I agree, zombies was a great creation by then, but even that was 3 years ago, still waiting for them to release something which is actually exciting and enjoyable.

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 09:50:12 PM »
Im actually waiting for the new one because I liked BO a way more then MW3. but Yeah everyone who is comparing bf3 to mw3 is pretty stupid./ its like comparing some cod2/cod4 to bf2 which is kinda useless.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 10:23:46 PM »
I seem to be the only person that likes Black ops and Modern Warfare 3 better than the earlier call of dutys  :happy:
I think Black ops was the best though, it was just so balanced. Mw3 is also pretty great, but I can feel myself getting tired of it as I go, maybe because I've got like 11 days played or something :P

I want to like the earlier cod games as well, only that there is so much bullshit in them. Cod4, frags are super powerfull  and everyone uses frag x3 and it's a total shitfest. I like promod though, not very good at it which might be a downside  :lol: World at war, man I loved world at war, but the connection issues and those fucking tanks ruined it. Can't say how many times I've been spawntrapped by a tank, and it's bloody annoying. And Mw2, noobtubes everywhere + commando. I just always find something wrong with them.

I also think infinity ward should step up their game on supporting their game and stuff like that, they have gotten better since mw2, but treyarch is still the supperior one.

And people posting battlefield 3, get over youselves. It's all about taste.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:42:52 PM by Simon »

Offline Neotec

•  
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 12:01:52 AM »

I think i most enjoyed playing modern warfare 2, all i hate about mw2 is tubing (fkn op). Mw3 wasnt worth the money, its pretty fun but so many cheaters its not even playable on pc. (atleast not groundwar)

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 01:16:08 AM »
imo COD4 was/is the best well only in promod and clan matches. same goes to modern warfare 2, I have played it @ Clanbased with rules etc. and it was also really balanced. because of the strict less use of perks and weapons.

BO was pretty good although didnt like the fact it runs so bad.... BO felt like cod4 for me...which had mw2 and mw3 dont have.

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 02:11:39 AM »

I think i most enjoyed playing modern warfare 2, all i hate about mw2 is tubing (fkn op). Mw3 wasnt worth the money, its pretty fun but so many cheaters its not even playable on pc. (atleast not groundwar)
well yeah, ground war has a tons of cheaters, that's why I play only Domination and TDM.
anyway, I like both BF and CoD, I got BFBC2, which I sometimes play with my friend, and I also sometimes play MW3, MW2 (alterIWnet ftw), and so CoD4. now there will be a LAN-party in my school with CS 1.6 and CoD2, so I play it more often now.
CoD: run and shoot ppl
BF: tactics...tactics...tactics...

Offline Neotec

•  
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 02:24:47 AM »

well yeah, ground war has a tons of cheaters, that's why I play only Domination and TDM.
anyway, I like both BF and CoD, I got BFBC2, which I sometimes play with my friend, and I also sometimes play MW3, MW2 (alterIWnet ftw), and so CoD4. now there will be a LAN-party in my school with CS 1.6 and CoD2, so I play it more often now.
CoD: run and shoot ppl
BF: tactics...tactics...tactics...
i'm also playing mw2 on alteriwnet because they atleast ban cheaters. Cant wait for the alteriwnet for mw3. (beta is out but kinda sucks i heard)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal