Author Topic: Anime discussion  (Read 145519 times)

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
Re: Anime discussion
« Reply #1425 on: June 30, 2014, 01:57:17 PM »
started watching Highschool DxD New (DxD second season), currently at 6th episode. still love this anime, and for the first time I actually almost cried during the 5th episode (or 6th, dunno which one it was) when Kiba was attaining his Balance Breaker. also, Issei and his serious-badass scenes still give me goosebumps, definitely one of my all time favourite protagonists. and don't forget the best ever: Rias. just seriously, that chick is still awesome. I also like Xenovia a lot, and for my happiness the next episode is gonna be the swimsuit episode  :a-cheer:

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 01, 2014, 04:37:18 AM »
doublepost ftw, finished HSDxD New, and once again I fucking love this show. the final battle once again pumped me up hard, I am really looking forward to the third season (which has been confirmed to air, most likely in winter, or late fall)

Offline tomiboy

• pls
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • tomiboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: July 01, 2014, 05:41:53 AM »
dxd gets a third season??? seriously???  :lol: :lol: oh my god i can't wait :a-cheer:

about the final battle:
i almost pissed myself at that BOOSTBOOSTBOOSTBOOSTBOOSTBOOSTBOOSTBOOSTBOOST part where he gets super determined to prevent rias' breasts from shrinking

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: July 01, 2014, 06:18:33 AM »
^Sounds fucking horrible, thanks for the heads up.

Offline tomiboy

• pls
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • tomiboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 01, 2014, 08:05:30 AM »
hmm....  after reading my post again, you're right, it does indeed sound terribly wrong. but if you know the details and the plot, it makes freaking sense and is actually funny as fuck.

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: July 01, 2014, 08:25:46 AM »
DxD isn't an anime that you should decide on reading, go watch it yourself and you will both shit yourself in laughter, and be amazed. it's better than you would think. and about the final battle, it all makes perfect sense if you watch it, even though if it sounds fucking dumb.

Offline tomiboy

• pls
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • tomiboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: July 01, 2014, 10:44:01 AM »
yeah, simon, just give it a try  :jajaja:

Offline Nikedj

• Veteran Member
  • Melk met een koekje
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: July 01, 2014, 01:13:54 PM »
yeah, simon, just give it a try  :jajaja:
:jajaja:

Offline Pendji

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 01, 2014, 03:14:21 PM »
Anyone here watched Attack on Titans? It's really great anime.
The only thing I find interesting regarding Japanese culture is their unexplainable mythology. How an umbrella would become a one-eyed monster and what not. The idea of giant humans eating people while walking around nude and smiling was incredibly intriguing, but it quickly wore out. It's like Amnesia. You're scared shitless for a few hours, then you realize it's a game and you can run around playing with the monster.

It was good for a while but I'm so tired of it, i quickly glance through the manga whenever a new chapter is released, since it's pretty much down to the usual cliché twists and turns. I guess it's entertaining compared to most anime though.

I sat through Kill la Kill the other day, and it only had two episodes that could've been skipped. Much bigger fan of anime that isn't half filler, but in AoTitan's case it's because the books themselves aren't done yet. Still not a big fan of anime though.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: July 01, 2014, 05:28:18 PM »
DxD isn't an anime that you should decide on reading, go watch it yourself and you will both shit yourself in laughter, and be amazed. it's better than you would think. and about the final battle, it all makes perfect sense if you watch it, even though if it sounds fucking dumb.
>Implying

I was talking about the second season.

Though you're right, I laughed a lot, but mostly because it was really bad. If I hadn't watched it with Håkon and Omega over skype I probably wouldn't have bothered to even finish it.

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: July 01, 2014, 05:43:55 PM »
I enjoyed both seasons, but the second is definitely better than the first imo. oh well, guess it's all about personal taste, I am still one of those guys who actually enjoyed HOTD because of the zombies, and not the boobs.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: July 01, 2014, 06:57:52 PM »
^I didn't bother to watch HOTD, because I dislike ecchi and zombies  :P

Offline Nikedj

• Veteran Member
  • Melk met een koekje
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: July 04, 2014, 12:13:21 PM »
Finally managed to finish Bakemonogatari , I have to say Araragi is one lucky guy...I loved it !

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: July 04, 2014, 12:23:54 PM »
^Now watch Nisemonogatari (look forward to the toothbrush)

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: July 04, 2014, 05:21:10 PM »
^Now watch Nisemonogatari (look forward to the toothbrush)
oh god that scene.. weirdest boner I have ever experienced in the history of anime

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal