Author Topic: Anime discussion  (Read 147005 times)

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
Re: Anime discussion
« Reply #1260 on: December 28, 2012, 06:14:53 PM »
Started watching Code Geass, hate the universe/future it's set in. With it's stupid robot shit, but I have to respect how boss the main character is, even though if he isn't that boss, he's way better than 90% of the MC's you see nowadays.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: December 28, 2012, 06:17:19 PM »
Convincing myself that I don't have to drop any more manly tears.

Also, is there some explanation on why Tenshi got there before Otonashi?
No, not really.

Started watching Code Geass, hate the universe/future it's set in. With it's stupid robot shit, but I have to respect how boss the main character is, even though if he isn't that boss, he's way better than 90% of the MC's you see nowadays.
I accidentally watched two episodes of the second season once, thinking it was the first.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: December 28, 2012, 06:21:29 PM »
Re-watched Angel Beats! in one sitting marathon.
Now, I realized how it ended when my previous watch I got distracted too much.
I don't know why I didn't do this before...

;__; 10/10

I gave it 9/10 before, but now it finally opened my eyes.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: December 28, 2012, 06:25:42 PM »
I accidentally watched two episodes of the second season once, thinking it was the first.
It's not really my sort of anime, but at least I can enjoy some parts of it and I'm watching it with my brother, which makes it kind of easier to get through. I don't understand the massive robots if they are just going to use massive guns or massive knives to fight. It's hilariously stupid  :lol: But the interactions with the characters besides from that is your usual stuff.  Some drama, some humor, some slight slice of life. So it's not as horrible as EVA was, one can actually have an episode where the robots aren't the main focus or even in it at all. That's a nice change.

Better than EVA at least  :jajaja:

/I guess I'll have to finish Angel Beats as well, but it's not that good imo.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: December 28, 2012, 06:31:43 PM »
It's a matter of taste :) I, personally loved that ending and I cried my eyes out. :unsure:

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: December 28, 2012, 06:39:21 PM »
It's a matter of taste :)
I know, that's why I said imo  :euro:

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: December 28, 2012, 07:47:39 PM »
I watched code geass a long time ago, but I watched like 5 episodes and it is full of shit, so I didnt really finish it.

Meh, also I really want to know why Kanade got there before Otonashi

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: December 29, 2012, 12:37:54 PM »
Watched more today, It's getting ridiculous. HOLY SHIT A GIANT ROBOT THAT CAN FLY? Why the fuck not just use a fucking aircraft instead of a giant mech that flies and shoots a gun. So stupid. Though I still slightly enjoy the parts without the mechs, mostly the main character. He reminds me of Light, except his reasoning isn't retarded.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: December 30, 2012, 05:01:47 PM »
Finished it, ending was retarded. 5/10 I don't want to watch the next season, but will probably do it anyway.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: December 30, 2012, 05:20:21 PM »
I'd hate to leave a series unfinished. Luckily I like almost everything.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: January 01, 2013, 12:19:41 AM »
Finished Hyouka.
I wish they had gone with a love/relationship ending, but I also appreciated that they didn't as I don't think it could have worked out. At least not for Oreki and Chitanda. Mayaka and Satoshi on the other hand would be a perfect fit. I'm not too sure what to think of the show really, it wasn't super good, but it wasn't boring either. I guess I just liked the fact that it was nothing more than their actual daily lives. No overdone humor, no overdone drama. Just normal everyday life. And I guess the animation just added to that stylish feel it had.

7/10 if anyone cares  :euro:

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: January 02, 2013, 01:28:11 PM »
Finished Mushishi.
I'm glad it's finally over, there wasn't full through story, so it was really boring at some parts.
Of course there were some interesting episodes which I really enjoyed, but 26 episodes is kinda a lot for this. :euro:
Anyways, Ginko was great! I liked his personality, look & way he acted in different situations. :P

Well, I guess that's all. 7/10 from me.

E: Guess I finish one or two short series before most of the winter season animes starts to air.
Which series are you guys going to watch?

For me:

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Will see if there is any other interesting going on and maybe you guys can suggest me something? :cc_detective:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 01:35:02 PM by Ru-chan »

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: January 02, 2013, 01:50:43 PM »
Watched more today, It's getting ridiculous. HOLY SHIT A GIANT ROBOT THAT CAN FLY? Why the fuck not just use a fucking aircraft instead of a giant mech that flies and shoots a gun. So stupid. Though I still slightly enjoy the parts without the mechs, mostly the main character. He reminds me of Light, except his reasoning isn't retarded.

You must go deeper than this... I agree about the robots and all, but in reality, would it be any more interesting with only aircraft?
Yes, I'm defending it because apart from the mecha it is one of the best animes around.

P.S. Including Mushishi too. At least for me.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: January 02, 2013, 02:10:45 PM »
I'm not in to military at all tbh, but the robots are just overkill. I mean, they used a fucking robot to spin the pizza dough when trying to make the worlds biggest pizza. It's the silliest thing I've seen. And the fact that this has mechs, makes it not one of the best ones, at least imo.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: January 02, 2013, 02:28:09 PM »
Which series are you guys going to watch?
(...)
Will see if there is any other interesting going on and maybe you guys can suggest me something? :cc_detective:
I made a post earlier containing the anime I've been planning on watching in the discussion of watching it together and talking about it on Skype, check 1-2 pages back.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal