Author Topic: Anime discussion  (Read 145572 times)

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
Re: Anime discussion
« Reply #495 on: July 21, 2012, 09:31:55 PM »
Oh lol, np  :a-cheer:

E: Just watched episode 3 of Kokoro Connect, it seems to have been confirmed for best show of the season (Even though I'm only watching two). I love it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:19:00 PM by Simon »

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 22, 2012, 12:36:50 AM »
Will watch anything Mugetsu or Simon tell me to that has less than 25 episodes. I'm bored.

Anything, any style, any shit.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 22, 2012, 07:31:13 AM »
I want to say Clannad and After Story, Clannad has 23 episodes and after story has 24, but that would be over 25 I guess. So I'll say Steins;Gate just because it's fucking awesome.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 23, 2012, 06:35:23 AM »
Just finished Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
I must say I'm pleased that I finally understood everything from season 1.

Great show.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 23, 2012, 06:57:26 AM »
I want to say Clannad and After Story, Clannad has 23 episodes and after story has 24, but that would be over 25 I guess. So I'll say Steins;Gate just because it's fucking awesome.
Being a little bitch about Key anime because it has too many episodes is one of the most extreme forms of stupidity, luckily I have not witnessed it yet.

Watch Clannad, After Story, Angel Beats!, Kanon and Air. Air sucked pretty hard but since it's Key you still have to watch it.

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 23, 2012, 07:11:14 AM »
Just finished Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
I must say I'm pleased that I finally understood everything from season 1.

Great show.
planning to watch it after Yosuga no Sora, looks interesting

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 23, 2012, 08:07:53 AM »
I should really get to retrying Kai as soon as possible, I'll have to get myself a download for motivation though.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 23, 2012, 09:15:01 AM »
Watch Clannad, After Story, Angel Beats!, Kanon and Air.
Don't bother with Air, it's about a girl that can't make friends. And when she does she starts crying and gets ill. then the show ends halfway through and then we start from the beginning again and get the same story again, but hey guess what? this time the main character we follow through the story is a fucking bird. It's kind of fun at times, but overall it was pretty booring.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 23, 2012, 04:27:15 PM »
Just finished Highschool DxD in one session.
Guess I should slow down a bit.

Anyways.. great show, wonderful characters too bad the end result itself was so predictable.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 23, 2012, 04:57:12 PM »
I've heard it's supposed to be good, but never really bothered to download and actually watch. And I have a lot of other stuff I should have watched. How good was it really, compared to what you have watched?

Also, I watched Spice and Wolf in one sitting as well. Season two I watched in one day, but not one sitting. Highly recommended if you are looking for more stuff to watch. The chemistry between the two main characters are pretty unique and it's what makes the show so great.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 04:59:15 PM by Simon »

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 23, 2012, 05:20:39 PM »
I'm really bad reviewing anything than saying "It was good" .

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 23, 2012, 05:23:13 PM »
Watch Clannad, After Story, Angel Beats!, Kanon and Air.
Don't bother with Air, it's about a girl that can't make friends. And when she does she starts crying and gets ill. then the show ends halfway through and then we start from the beginning again and get the same story again, but hey guess what? this time the main character we follow through the story is a fucking bird. It's kind of fun at times, but overall it was pretty booring.
Even though it's complete bird shit he has to watch it. It's part of the Key square man.

Just finished Highschool DxD in one session.
Guess I should slow down a bit.

Anyways.. great show, wonderful characters too bad the end result itself was so predictable.
Fool! Slowing down is the last thing you should do, unless it's a show that will lose its charm over time when watching many episodes in one sitting.

I've heard it's supposed to be good, but never really bothered to download and actually watch. And I have a lot of other stuff I should have watched. How good was it really, compared to what you have watched?
It was pretty cool but nothing to drop your jaw for. Knowing you you would skyrocket your expectations and expect it to be a work of pure beauty or something. In that case, I'll tell you it's shit. Have fun.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 23, 2012, 05:31:42 PM »
My expectations are as high as "I hope I'll laugh,"

But I won't watch it now anyway trying to get to three other shows at the moment.

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 23, 2012, 07:55:14 PM »

Also, I watched Spice and Wolf in one sitting as well. Season two I watched in one day, but not one sitting. Highly recommended if you are looking for more stuff to watch. The chemistry between the two main characters are pretty unique and it's what makes the show so great.

If you're talking about HDxD, I can make a brief review if you want...

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 23, 2012, 09:13:57 PM »
Highschool DxD indeed, don't need a review though. Just the basic story, setting and what to expect like: Episodic show? comic relief show? Mainly story driven? funny at all(what kind of humor?)?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal