Author Topic: Anime discussion  (Read 145541 times)

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
Re: Anime discussion
« Reply #435 on: July 18, 2012, 03:21:46 PM »
That's his sister, by the way.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 18, 2012, 03:41:32 PM »
So that's where you previous signature came from, Simon. Splendid.

@Ltab Hentai could sometimes be quite harsh so that's why I personally like ecchi more.
But you know what they say; "I've seen enough hentai to see where this is going."

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 18, 2012, 03:56:47 PM »

Homolust-kun cracks me up every time. :lol: This is from Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, the first two episodes.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 18, 2012, 04:00:23 PM »
@Ltab Hentai could sometimes be quite harsh so that's why I personally like ecchi more.
I kind of prefer Eroge when it comes to this stuff, it let's you in on great stories and have actual erotic scenes. The only problem with these Eroges are that they are extremely time consuming.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 18, 2012, 04:05:10 PM »
You see it as extremely time consuming, I see it as a good pastime.

But Simon, aren't you rather implying playing eroge instead of watching the anime gives you a better experience?

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #440 on: July 18, 2012, 04:14:27 PM »
Could also try Bible Black but since that's futa I think you'll just cringe and puke yourself inside out. Some of my personal favorites are Kowaku no Toki, Mahou Shoujo Erena (tentacle) and The Pollinic Girls Attack.

A friend haves that one in a book! he showed it to me and I was like WTF. But also sometimes I giggled a bit (alongside a semi-boner)

Thanks for the names, I'll see what shit can I find over google. Now I know what I have to expect from that kind of stuff like from Simon's vid :|

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 18, 2012, 04:18:50 PM »
Thanks for the names, I'll see what shit can I find over google. Now I know what I have to expect from that kind of stuff like from Simon's vid :|
If you need any downloads, hit me up on MSN. Even with hentai, quality is still quality.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 18, 2012, 04:22:56 PM »
You see it as extremely time consuming, I see it as a good pastime.

But Simon, aren't you rather implying playing eroge instead of watching the anime gives you a better experience?
The few Eroge's I've played have given me a better experience than most of the anime I've seen. In the same way books are better than movies, Eroges/Visual Novels are mostly better than their Anime counterparts as they are basically books, with voice actors, backgrounds and music. They might last like 20 - 40 hours, which is both good and bad in my opinion. Good part being that characters are well presented and getting to know them better and all that. Bad part is, well it takes 20 - 40hours to play through the damn thing.  but best of all with Eroge, I can fucking choose what girl I want. How many times have you watched an anime and been mad at the MC for choosing the wrong girl? exceptions are ASS and Yosuga No Sora where we see each arc.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 18, 2012, 04:30:59 PM »
You're wrong there. The books being better than movies thing depends on opinions and is not something objectively better. Getting to know the characters better is mostly because you're focusing completely on a certain character and just getting to know a bit more information than you would not picking that girl or watching the anime.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 18, 2012, 04:41:44 PM »
Don't get stuck at hentai or you just will be called as any other anime watcher which would be pervert who masturbates to kids, etc etc. But if you actually watch more than that you can ignore all those comments.

I suggest that you will watch some drama, comedy, romance & slice of life even if it sounds gay now.
I promise you, its worth it.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 18, 2012, 04:51:45 PM »
You're wrong there. The books being better than movies thing depends on opinions and is not something objectively better. Getting to know the characters better is mostly because you're focusing completely on a certain character and just getting to know a bit more information than you would not picking that girl or watching the anime.
By getting to know characters better I mean that you spend maybe 15 - 30 minutes talking to a person while in an anime it would have been a 5 minute scene. You generally get to know them better, not like what their favorite food is or whatever, but their personality, how they just generally act. That way when something happens their reaction seems even more real than it could have been in a 12 - 24 episode anime (20min per episode). where you only have maximum 8 hours to introduce, develop and end it. Playing the Eroge you can spend over 8 hours with just one of the girls in the game. The world in the Eroges just feel more real and thereby ending up giving me a better experience.

Offline TheGT4sm

• Veteran Member
  • BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 18, 2012, 04:54:33 PM »
I recommend Boku no Pico. The best hentai!

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #447 on: July 18, 2012, 05:07:44 PM »
Don't get stuck at hentai or you just will be called as any other anime watcher which would be pervert who masturbates to kids, etc etc. But if you actually watch more than that you can ignore all those comments.

I suggest that you will watch some drama, comedy, romance & slice of life even if it sounds gay now.

I used to, long time ago, but then I stopped because I've simply lost interst on it. I used to be a pretty big fan actually back in my childhood :lol: but I never watched something like Hentai, or relateds. That's why I decided to take a look over there, it was all because I was feeling nostalgic.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 18, 2012, 05:13:27 PM »
By getting to know characters better I mean that you spend maybe 15 - 30 minutes talking to a person while in an anime it would have been a 5 minute scene. You generally get to know them better, not like what their favorite food is or whatever, but their personality, how they just generally act. That way when something happens their reaction seems even more real than it could have been in a 12 - 24 episode anime (20min per episode). where you only have maximum 8 hours to introduce, develop and end it. Playing the Eroge you can spend over 8 hours with just one of the girls in the game. The world in the Eroges just feel more real and thereby ending up giving me a better experience.
Well if you mean it like that there's nothing to argue with.

This. The drama and romance sound lame but it's far different from what you would expect.

For slice of life, I'd recommend Minami-ke. There is no other anime which is more SOL than that.
For comedy, I'd recommend Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu as a starter. You'll be laughing throughout the whole thing.
For romance, I'd recommend Toradora. Best romance there is, period.
For drama, I'd recommend Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin. The title might sound girly and fluffy but what it really is is the manliest anime ever. Not crying whilst watching this (unless you've already gained nerves of steel through other anime, which I'll recommend later in a mix of comedy and drama) makes you a non-sympathetic emotionless fuckwad.
For comedy/drama, I'd recommend Angel Beats!, Clannad and Kanon. Seems like you end up liking the one you watched first the most which would be AB! in my case. Oh god all those feels...

Though, these are just general recommendations.

I used to, long time ago, but then I stopped because I've simply lost interst on it. I used to be a pretty big fan actually back in my childhood :lol: but I never watched something like Hentai, or relateds. That's why I decided to take a look over there, it was all because I was feeling nostalgic.
You'll be surprised as to how much anime has changed. The stuff like Sailor Moon (which is, by the way, getting a new anime lol), DBZ and whatever the hell was airing back then is completely different from the stuff that has aired in 2004-2007. And again, the stuff from 2008-present is completely different from 2004-2007. Bit too much moe/ecchi though, could need some more drama, psychological, you know, the serious stuff.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 18, 2012, 05:30:42 PM »
if I had to mention three fucking must-watch shows out of my head for Ltab, it would be:
Great Teacher Onizuka (in my opinion the best comedy/drama/slice of life)
Steins;Gate (Flawless show)
Clannad + After story (The only show that has made me cry like a baby)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 05:32:29 PM by Simon »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal