Author Topic: Anime discussion  (Read 145556 times)

Offline GINSENGXXX

• Dakar
  • xD
    • View Profile
Re: Anime discussion
« Reply #405 on: July 07, 2012, 05:46:54 PM »
pls no doubel bump , is very incommodious for others peoples xdxd

But liking a relatively normal (from what I've heard) series just for its H, you must be around 12. Am I correct?
:ajaja: :ajaja: :ajaja: :ajaja: :ajaja:

Offline Hetfield

• Kaspi-Chan
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 09, 2012, 07:01:40 AM »
Alright, finished Evangelion + EoE last night... enjoyed the show overall but the ending was hands down the weirdest thing I've seen in my life. Some things kinda made sense such as the recreation of the world with Shinji and Asuka as the new Adam and Eve but still... that live-action part didn't make any sense. Either too deep or pseudo-intellectual as heck.

Next on - Cowboy Bebop.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 09, 2012, 08:26:04 AM »
Alright, finished Evangelion + EoE last night... enjoyed the show overall but the ending was hands down the weirdest thing I've seen in my life. Some things kinda made sense such as the recreation of the world with Shinji and Asuka as the new Adam and Eve but still... that live-action part didn't make any sense. Either too deep or pseudo-intellectual as heck.

Next on - Cowboy Bebop.
Yeah the ending is weird as shit.

Protip, don't watch more than two episodes at a time. It's an episodic show and if you try and watch it all/half of it in one sitting it'll lose some of it's charm. Personally I didn't like it too much anyway, I think much of it hype comes from people who watched it on TV while they where still young and now they have a nostalgic feeling about it.

Offline Hetfield

• Kaspi-Chan
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 09, 2012, 10:26:55 AM »
Protip, don't watch more than two episodes at a time. It's an episodic show and if you try and watch it all/half of it in one sitting it'll lose some of it's charm. Personally I didn't like it too much anyway, I think much of it hype comes from people who watched it on TV while they where still young and now they have a nostalgic feeling about it.

I take it you're talking about Bebop

inb4 no shit sherlock

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 09, 2012, 12:11:18 PM »
Yes I was talking about bebop, sorry for not making that more clear  :lol:

Offline TheGT4sm

• Veteran Member
  • BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 09, 2012, 10:58:03 PM »
Alright so a couple days ago I finished School Days.
This fucking anime was so bad that even though the MC was a beta faggot cunt dickhead, it had me laughing for a good 5 minutes after I finished the last episode. The video Simon posted pretty much sums it up, and while it spoils the entire anime by revealing the ending, you're probably better off watching that than wasting your time on the whole anime instead. Well that's my take on it anyway. :ajaja:

tl;dr School Days a shit

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 10, 2012, 02:29:02 AM »
There are 3 people who've told me School Days is shit, but it won't keep me from watching. :cc_detective:

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 10, 2012, 02:48:52 AM »
There are 3 people who've told me School Days is shit, but it won't keep me from watching. :cc_detective:
aye, and I think I'll play through the VN aswell

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 10, 2012, 05:02:17 PM »
So what was originally going to take me a day ended up taking me four.

Day 1, Finished Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
It was an alright anime. From what I knew of it before hand was that it was a kind of dark manga with a creepy feeling. The anime has that as well, but it also has everything else thrown in the mix. This show switched so fast between grimdark and happy slife of life comedy that it was really weird to watch. I would have preferred if it stayed dark all the time though, as that was where it was strongest. The ending seemed pretty good, but they somehow managed to ruin it anyway. 6/10.

Day 2, Finished Natsuiro Kiseki
Pretty mediocre. I knew nothing going in to it so I wasn't really sure what to expect, but what I didn't expect was a slice of life anime with a supernatural twist to it. Four girls having fun in their summer holiday constantly getting in to some kind of trouble because of a magic rock who grants their wishes. This is probably one of those anime I couldn't have bothered to finish if I wasn't watching it while it was airing. One episode a week was alright for me. 5/10

Day 3, Finished Jormungand
It was alright. Again I knew nothing going in to this, other than what I had seen in the preview video, and that was something I saw as the ugliest character design I had seen on a woman. However, after 2 episodes of getting used to her she is easily my favorite character in the show, and doesn't have that bad of a design as I first thought. This action anime has some pretty weird/ridiculous shooting/fighting scenes that kind of ruin it, but the characters have such interesting personalities and backgrounds that I couldn't help but like the show to some degree. There is already confirmed a season two and the ending of the first one wasn't really and ending so I guess I can't say too much yet, but for now it's a 6/10

Day 4, Started Kokoro Connect and Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita

Kokoro Connect:
First episode was good, the series is supposed to be about these 5 students who get body swapped, the first episode was kind of comedy angled, but looking at the preview for the next episode this will be more than the usual "omg I'm a girl, touch my boobs and go to the toilet" humor show we get when Japan does body swaps. Seems they'll take a more serious approach. And if they can keep the interest I got from watching the next episode preview I think I'll really like this anime.

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita:
Okay guys, I've seen episode 1 and 2 of this anime and IT IS SOME OF THE WEIRDEST SHIT I HAVE SEEN. It's supposedly about a girl, who is the communicator between humans and fairies. These fairies as they are called, are basically small humans that look like dolls that have some kind of super technology. That being said, what I've seen in the show so far is, skinned chickens running around,Talking bread, bread bleeding, skinned chickens smoking cigars, skinned chickens  throwing themselves of a cliff, Translation glasses (which are glasses that put subtitles at the bottom of the glasses when people speak), Hair that gains enough intelligence to give it's owner the comb. It's seriously weird, here are some links:

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita The Bread Guide [HD]

Jinrui wa Suita Shimashita The Chicken Pictures [HD]

Jinrui wa Suita Shimashita The Chickens Fly [HD]

Simon, out.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:23:36 PM by Simon »

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 11, 2012, 01:22:39 PM »
That's Japan for ya.

Allow me to contribute at least a little bit.

This will suffice.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 11, 2012, 01:32:33 PM »
Ultimate Hellsing is da shit.

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 12, 2012, 12:21:36 AM »

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 12, 2012, 05:44:28 AM »

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 12, 2012, 05:50:10 AM »
That was a feel no one has ever felt before.

Dom, prepare for feels.

Offline Basiµm

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 12, 2012, 05:59:44 AM »
Gratz, i just need a name of one of these anime's episodes to make sure if they were enjoyable and watchable.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:04:28 AM by Basiµm »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal