Author Topic: Anime discussion  (Read 146984 times)

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
Re: Anime discussion
« Reply #300 on: May 04, 2012, 09:58:03 AM »
You don't really sound that convincing if you dropped it yourself after 2 episodes lol.

Here's a funny picture, most of you should get it.                                                                              300th reply cumdumpsters
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 09:59:58 AM by mµgetsµ™ »

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 04, 2012, 10:14:29 AM »
I didn't Drop it, I put it on hold. Because it didn't interest me at the time, but when I took it up again I got hooked and finished it in 2 days. 12 episodes is nothing so it's not like you will be sitting dragging yourself through it. Sure it might not be your thing, but you should give it more than 2 episodes before you decide...

Can't see the picture.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 04, 2012, 10:29:02 AM »
Oh.. must've forgot what you said while writing it lol.

And 12 episodes is something. I had to drag myself through the last episodes of Hoshizora.

And for the pic, quote this post and copy the URL.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 04, 2012, 10:32:08 AM »
Oh.. must've forgot what you said while writing it lol.

And 12 episodes is something. I had to drag myself through the last episodes of Hoshizora.

And for the pic, quote this post and copy the URL.
I usually go by the 5 episode rule, and if I've watched 5 episodes of a 12 episode anime I can probably get through the rest as well. but if those 5 episodes where so horribly boring I'll drop it. (like I did with Angel Beats :) )

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 04, 2012, 02:33:18 PM »
Oh damn, now I have no choice but to finish A-Channel.

Also, Angel Beats dropped you.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 05, 2012, 12:20:43 PM »
I usually go by the 5 episode rule, and if I've watched 5 episodes of a 12 episode anime I can probably get through the rest as well. but if those 5 episodes where so horribly boring I'll drop it. (like I did with Angel Beats :) )
What are you saying?! Angel Beats is kinda cool :ajaja:

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 05, 2012, 01:03:41 PM »
Except it isn't, if anything at all had happened in those 5 episodes perhaps I would have finished it. But no, it was just pointless. Nothing interesting happened. They went on a mission to get some more ammo or whatever (long time since I actually watched this) and people died here and there. But the fact that they died didn't mean anything because they were already dead in the first place. Sorry I just didn't find anything interesting with it at all, the characters were pretty boring, the setting was kind of dull and ruined any emotion I might have had when people died/vanished.

Just watched the new episode of Upotte!! Intense masturbation. Seriously though, the episode involved masturbation and pussy juice. Also that cliffhanger D:

Also Mugetsu, if you didn't know new episode of Acchi Kocchi released :)

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 05, 2012, 01:06:21 PM »
Except it isn't, if anything at all had happened in those 5 episodes perhaps I would have finished it. But no, it was just pointless. Nothing interesting happened. They went on a mission to get some more ammo or whatever (long time since I actually watched this) and people died here and there. But the fact that they died didn't mean anything because they were already dead in the first place. Sorry I just didn't find anything interesting with it at all, the characters were pretty boring, the setting was kind of dull and ruined any emotion I might have had when people died/vanished.
I guess you have strict criteria for anime you watch, but I haven't watched much anime so I think everything is cool :3

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 05, 2012, 01:16:32 PM »

Haha, I dropped Angel Beats after 2 episodes. XD
I've finished watching Allison and Lillia. The first half was extremely good in terms of the plot and characters develompent. The second one was a bit dull, but still watchable. It's one of those rare animes where you won't find any ecchi, blood, japanese culture marks, cursewords and such. All "bad" characters aren't even that bad. It's pure fantasy adventure with romance elements and pretty interesting concept all in all. Recommended by me.

Also I'm reading Tenjho Tenge manga because the anime is so horrible...

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 05, 2012, 01:17:27 PM »
I guess you have strict criteria for anime you watch, but I haven't watched much anime so I think everything is cool :3
His criteria is like Hitler's hate for jews. But thanks for the heads up Simon. :cc_detective:

E: Tsumiki releases on Sundays, I can wait.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 05, 2012, 01:27:50 PM »
I can sit through most things, but angel beats just didn't catch my interest. I could probably pick it up again and finish it, but I have other shows I'd rather watch.

I've finished watching Allison and Lillia. The first half was extremely good in terms of the plot and characters develompent. The second one was a bit dull, but still watchable. It's one of those rare animes where you won't find any ecchi, blood, japanese culture marks, cursewords and such. All "bad" characters aren't even that bad. It's pure fantasy adventure with romance elements and pretty interesting concept all in all. Recommended by me.
Sounds like it really depends on the characters, What kind of characters are there? if I can't find any characters that interest me there wouldn't be much else to cling on to. but I guess it would be an interesting watch nonetheless.

E: Oh I see it's listed as adventure, then maybe the adventure itself is enough :D Adding to Plan to watch :>

Offline ofthemountain

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 06, 2012, 02:30:49 AM »
Has anyone seen that new Watanabe-directed show called Kids On The Slope? Fucking love Bebop and Samurai Champloo, however I try to avoid animes about robots or school kids (i.e. about 90%).

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 06, 2012, 06:17:55 AM »
ofthemountain watches anime? And I thought I knew everything about GTAS.

To answer your question, I have not seen it, but it sounds familiar. Might just probably be from some random TV show though...

And I hope this applies to the most of you:

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 06, 2012, 07:07:34 AM »
Has anyone seen that new Watanabe-directed show called Kids On The Slope? Fucking love Bebop and Samurai Champloo, however I try to avoid animes about robots or school kids (i.e. about 90%).
Oh, Sakamichi no Apollon. I didn't know the English name for it. I haven't watched it, but I know of it. From what I've heard of it, it started pretty good, but got too much Josei and people started disliking it (Josei is a term used for Manga/Anime that is targeted towards women, I think). Can't say anything though, each to their opinion.

I've watched 3 episodes of NGE now, and it's still pretty boring. Hoping they'll cut out all the robot/cyborg shit soon and start with the psychological aspect.

Also watched some more Cowboy Bebop, It's growing on me. But it's still not to the point where I have to watch the next episode. I have to force myself a little, but it's getting better I'll admit that.

Also started watching a show called "Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt" and I'm enjoying it. It's comedy reminds me of South Park as pretty much all the gags and jokes are "over the top" kind of stuff like South Park. The art style is bizarre but I'm enjoying it. They also seem to switch it up from 2D to 3D to Live action, all the live action shots are just monsters exploding and the 3d shots are just camera moves through the city, but it's still a nice mix of everything although it is mostly 2D. Also, if you are going to watch this, please don't go in to it taking it seriously. If you do you might end up really disappointing.

Panty And Stocking With Garterbelt Funny Scene

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt - The Toilet

this is the kind of humor you should expect.

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 06, 2012, 10:29:47 AM »
Eh, watched the clips you posted, seems like it's not my cup of tea.  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal