Author Topic: Anime discussion  (Read 146906 times)

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
Re: Anime discussion
« Reply #285 on: April 23, 2012, 11:18:19 AM »
I might redownload and retry it later. The first episode was so bad I couldn't even last 10 minutes. It was unbearably boring. Same thing happened with Maria Holic, not even 5 minutes into the show and I already removed it because I didn't like anything I saw.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 23, 2012, 12:58:59 PM »
Then start at the second episode :P
I Don't even know what the first episode was, but the second episode started where the manga began so you won't be missing anything important anyway. I have seriously no idea why they did the first episode like that.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 24, 2012, 05:54:03 AM »
Maybe they tried making it amusing or introducing the characters but failed?

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 24, 2012, 07:50:22 AM »
Maybe they tried making it amusing or introducing the characters but failed?
Obviously. The second episode was a better first episode than the first episode so they should have just done it like that :P

Why is there nothing good airing on tuesdays? :(

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 24, 2012, 09:40:01 AM »
Well, Bleach used to air on Tuesdays, but... :cheersad:

Anyone here who watches Haiyore! Nyaruko-san? Kuuko is so lovely, I want her.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 24, 2012, 09:55:30 AM »
I watched it and dropped it. Both main characters were pissing me off, the dude is very uninteresting (and homo) and the girl has the most annoying voice/personality ever. If the story picks up, please tell me.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:05:36 AM by Simon »

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 24, 2012, 10:19:01 AM »
Yeah Mahiro really is pretty much a homo. But thing is, while Mahiro won't accept Nyaruko's love, Nyaruko won't accept Kuuko's love. That's the only thing I don't like. NyarukoxKuuko, totally.

I don't think the story is gonna pick up anytime. It looks like this'll be a SoL-ish anime.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 25, 2012, 11:27:05 AM »
Bump just because I can.

Watched episode 2 of Amnesia, it was pretty cool. Yuuko is definitely my favorite character in this, Teiichi and Ogonoki are so boring and... well I can't really say dead lol. Another anime to watch this season, thanks Simon. :cc_detective:

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 26, 2012, 12:14:39 AM »
Bump just because I can.

Watched episode 2 of Amnesia, it was pretty cool. Yuuko is definitely my favorite character in this, Teiichi and Ogonoki are so boring and... well I can't really say dead lol. Another anime to watch this season, thanks Simon. :cc_detective:
No problem  :cc_detective:

Tsuritama is also worth a shot, I'm really loving it. So colorful and fun, not quite sure about the story. But so far a dude transferred to a school, met a dude who calls himself an alien that wants to start fishing. Another dude joins, and at the last episode a 4th character was introduced, a dude with a turban that always walks around with a duck. Seems like they'll start fishing together, but the voice-over also mentions saving the world, so no idea where this is going to go  :lol:

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 29, 2012, 08:14:52 AM »
This topic needs CPR.

Haven't really been able to watch the new episodes of Accel World and Fate/Zero, my birthday's been so awesome. :ninja:

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 01, 2012, 12:00:40 PM »
Finishes watching Ef - A tale of memories. The way it was made really reminded me of Bakemonogatari. Although as they are both from SHAFT it's understandable. However I think Ef was better in the story department. As I'm a sucked  for romance this was really good, although I didn't feel like I connected too much with any of the characters, So I didn't cry. I gave it a 7, I gave Bake the same score, even Bake had a weaker story it had stronger visuals. To anyone who hasn't seen it, if you are a sucker for romance, or some nice visuals or both, this would be the anime for you :)

I also started Cowboy Bebop, it's alright so far. Really hoping it will get better though.

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 01, 2012, 12:39:53 PM »
^Cowboy Bebop is just fucking awesome. watched it like 2 years ago in TV, laughed my ass off at the first episodes

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 01, 2012, 12:47:10 PM »
Yeah I've heard great things. But so far (3eps) it's not as good as people say. I'll probably finish it before making a final statement on it, but not liking it thus far.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 03, 2012, 04:59:55 AM »
I tried Ef a while ago (I can't remember which one though) because I heard many good things about it and I was greatly disappointed. I think I removed it after one or two episodes.

Also finally finished Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi after years of procrastinating. It wasn't as bad as I remembered it was and I watched the last 7 episodes all in one go to just get it over with.

The characters are likable, story is nothing special so it was okay, visuals are not really what you would expect from 2011 (I thought it was from like 2009) but all in all an enjoyable anime.
If you want something romancy you could try it, even I had it in my folder for years. :cc_detective:

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 03, 2012, 07:52:05 AM »
Memories is the fist one, which has pretty cool visuals. Melodies is the sequal (I think) and it has a much higher budget so it probably has even better visuals than the first. Give it a go btw, I also put it on hold after 2 episodes.  But that alone isn't enough to judge it :P

Added the one you recommended to plan to watch  :euro:

I've continued watching bebop and I'm starting to like it a bit more. Still not as good as I've heard but we'll see. I also watched the first episode of Neon Genesis Evangelion, and the only thing I can say so far is: Mecha is so fucking laaaameeee :(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal