Author Topic: Anime discussion  (Read 146937 times)

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
Re: Anime discussion
« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2012, 10:08:39 AM »
Simon:

Madoka was pretty fucking amazing, the story was just dark and deep, but still lovely.

Amagami SS+ is pretty much the same as the first season, except you see the continuation of the relationships. I also watched the second last episode today - without exaggeration, best episode from SS+. Also, it's Haruka. Impossible not to love.

AnoHana was, is, and will always be one of the best anime when it comes to friendship and bonds. Also it's a real tearjerker, so prepare yourself.

Nisemonogatari was slightly worse than the first season (I was just probably missing Oshino a lot) but it's still watchable. Luckily it kept its typical Bakemonogatari style.

Watched 3 episodes of madoka yesterday, it's alright so far. Still waiting for the real deal to kick in.

I've seen the first 2 episodes of Amagami SS+ and I enjoyed them just as much as the first season, I agree that Haruka is one of the better girls, but not the best. Still not sure if I like Ai or Kaoru the best. We'll see after I finish all of the archs in SS+

As for AnoHana being a tearjerker. We'll see, the only anime to date that has made me cry is Clannad after story so if it's close to that then maybe. If not, I doubt it :P But still looking forward to watching it, doesn't have to make me cry to be good :)

I didn't expect Nisemonogatari to be better, but I still want to watch it because the first season was quite good. and the sequel is probably better than some of the other anime I've seen :P

I also ended up watching Madoka with my brother, so I'll have to wait for him to watch more. So I just started watching Noir in the meanwhile, at episode 9 now. It's pretty much the same thing in every episode, some flashbacks and serious moments, then a job/assassination and then it's done. I'm hoping it'll pick up the pace soon, I'll probably finish it anyway though. It's not like I'm not enjoying it, it's just getting repetitive that's all

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2012, 10:37:59 AM »
About AnoHana, the last words you said were true. But when an anime makes me cry, it's definitely one of the best dramas.

Also, if anyone wants a dark, realistic anime, try Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin. The OP makes your heart ache after finishing it.

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2012, 12:17:20 PM »
Ano Hana was good except some clearly overreacting characters. Liked the animation itself, cool settings and the variety. Didn't made me cry though.
Edit: Gotta agree with Mugetsu about Rainbow, it's also cool, wouldn't say the bonds between the main characters could happen in the real life.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 12:21:55 PM by Edgar »

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2012, 12:44:34 PM »
They maybe could, but you don't get locked up in a disciplinary prison for young delinquents where you have to help each other out in order to stay alive every day.

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2012, 01:08:39 PM »
Haha, we'll never know till we get in prison ourselves.  :lol:

Anyway, if someone likes romance animes, I'd recommend Sennen Joyuu, Pale Cocoon (not really counted as romance actually, but I refer it to this genre too, either way it's a piece of art), Kimi ni Todoke, Looking up at the Half-Moon (loved this one), Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (great storyline, but feels a bit like soap opera), Eureka Seven (Perfect one, has a little bit of everything, a must-watch for everyone), Skip Beat (decent one), Steins;Gate (also an awesome story, setting and characters, there's not much romance actually), Karigurashi no Arrietty (not really romance genre too, but it's an exceptional anime), Hoshi no Koe (touching story, a piece of art), Itazura na Kiss (horrible colors and drawing, but decent romantic novel).
I could probably distinguish some other nice ones, but well these are my favourites at least, if anyone cares.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 01:11:31 PM by Edgar »

Offline 灰野 敬二

• 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2012, 01:56:36 PM »
I'll check them out Edgar.

Kare Kano is probably my favorite romance, if you can get past the dated animation and playful humor and focus only on the love story you'll definitely enjoy it cause the dialogue and character development are some of the most realistic I've ever seen in an anime. It's also one of those very rare cases where the english dub is (much) better than the japanese version so make sure you get a dual audio version if you decide to watch it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 01:58:25 PM by 灰野 敬二 »

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2012, 02:03:19 PM »
To anyone here who hasn't watched Toradora: fuck off and get back when you have. :euro:

Someone had to do it.

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2012, 03:02:02 PM »
Hmm, will rewatch Kare Kano with english dubs if they are so good as you say.
And about Toradora, I'm not very fond of watching it, maybe some time in the future. Now I'm concentrated on distopia, odd animation (Kaiba for an instance) and Bones production. :P

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2012, 03:07:11 PM »
To anyone here who hasn't watched Toradora: fuck off and get back when you have. :euro:

Someone had to do it.
I've watched it, at least I think I have. I seem to remember having marathoned it, but I can't for the life of me be sure. I'm pretty sure I watched it to the end, but I still get the feeling that I didn't, even if I did. I dunno why :| But I think I did  :lol:

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 25, 2012, 01:58:20 AM »

Someone had to do it.
haven't watched it yet, not even started  :neen:

Offline 灰野 敬二

• 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 25, 2012, 02:11:26 AM »
Yea Toradora was awesome (like 7.8/10 awesome), really unexpected considering it is so dumb.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 25, 2012, 02:16:44 AM »

Someone had to do it.
haven't watched it yet, not even started  :neen:
Shame on you.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2012, 05:55:31 AM »
I would have liked it better if Taiga weren't so fucking small. The same goes for Ayu from kanon.
"Lol I'm half your size but I'm just as old as you trolololololol"

laaame :>

Though I enjoyed both series, but I could have enjoyed them more, that's all I'm sayin'

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 25, 2012, 10:51:07 AM »
For some reason I didn't mind Taiga being pretty small, but it kinda bugged me with Ayu lol. No idea why.

Offline Asaaj

• Spaalonebabuguuscooties
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 25, 2012, 03:05:36 PM »
*prepares for flamewar because I drag Naruto in here*

Love the story right now, after the huge filler wave, allthough I don't dig how the epic fights were cut so short (Guy vs. Kisame / Tobi vs. Konan) Just because they're not Naruto doesn't mean that every fight should be started and ended between them in one episode. They were a lot more epic in the mangas. Can't wait till the war finally begins, seems like they're close to get going after episode 255. Also Tobi's new eye pair and outfit looks badass.

Also I'm glad they finally showed the whole background behind the Kyuubi attack on Konaha, 16 years ago. Didn't really think Kushina and Minato were that badass.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 03:08:58 PM by Kai »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal