Author Topic: Anime discussion  (Read 145551 times)

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
Re: Anime discussion
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2012, 06:26:32 AM »
you guys are clever at least, I watched the first 18 episodes in 2 days because I didn't know then that Mirai Nikki is still being aired /facepalm  :|
Fuck streaming, torrents all the way.

The cliffhanger this episode was amazing, I have a small theory stored in my head but it wouldn't "prove" anything. Can't wait till next week. But for now I'm looking forward to Bleach, new episode
is definitely gonna be one of the best.
yeah well, the torrent I downloaded crashed in the 4th minute always, so I had to watch it online. worth it tho. fuck that, I want Monday!

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2012, 12:15:38 PM »
Just finished watching Gunslinger Girl, really liked it. Its atmosphere was lovely and it was an interesting setting, universe or whatever you wanna call it.

At first I thought it was going to be a lot of shooting, but there was almost none. It's mostly just us watching over their daily routine, and if a mission is in there then that only takes up maybe 5 - 10 minutes of the episode so don't go into it hoping for serious action. 

Here's the OP for anyone who's interested

Gunslinger Girl Opening

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2012, 12:55:47 PM »
I'll probably wait until Mirai Nikki is completed before watching it, I can't stand cliffhangers. I can't imagine how my face would have suffered if I had to watch FMA; Brotherhood at 1 episode per week. I would probably have broken down and just died slowly..
Bleach has a cliffhanger every episode, and they're at 365 now lol.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2012, 12:58:43 PM »
I'll probably wait until Mirai Nikki is completed before watching it, I can't stand cliffhangers. I can't imagine how my face would have suffered if I had to watch FMA; Brotherhood at 1 episode per week. I would probably have broken down and just died slowly..
Bleach has a cliffhanger every episode, and they're at 365 now lol.
If you were to visit my anime list, go down to the "dropped" section, you would quite clearly see that I dropped Bleach after the third season.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2012, 01:07:15 PM »
I didn't tell you to watch it. :euro:

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 20, 2012, 01:15:55 PM »
I didn't tell you to watch it. :euro:
Oh, my bad  :|

Personally I liked FMA:B better, both the cliffhangers and the story. I thought bleach was good for 2 seasons and then I struggled through the 3rd one and just stopped. For me the story ended there anyway :P

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2012, 01:24:16 PM »
For most people the story ended after 310, but not for me. I'll wait until it properly ends, so I'll just wait until the 2 year break is over.

Offline 灰野 敬二

• 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 21, 2012, 09:39:09 AM »
Started watching:

1. Toriko - stopped after 2 episodes, the idea is pretty cool I guess but I don't like the execution.

2. The World God Only Knows II - 4 episodes in, so far it looks like it's a bit worse than the first season but not by much.

3. Mirai Nikki - 8 episodes so far and it's great, not as good as some people say but still has its moments

Planning to watch:

1. Persona 4
2. Another
3. Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai
4. you tell me.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:44:59 AM by 灰野 敬二 »

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2012, 10:05:57 AM »
^I'll do something like that too then :)

I'm trying to finish of the ones I currently have on my Watching list, which are:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katanagatari
- I'd recommend this to anyone who is open to different art styles, not that I'm one of those, but I really liked this one and the story and characters are great. Look it up to actually see what it's about cba to write everything here D:

Mushishi
- This one is perhaps the most chill anime you can watch, I started watching it this summer or something and I still haven't finished it. Not because it's bad or anything it's just that I usually watch anime when going to bed and I always fall asleep because of the relaxing atmosphere of the series. After I've finished katanagatari I'm going to focus on this and be done with it, I've also heard that it picks up at later episodes. Not sure if it's true though. I'd recommend it if you like atmospheric anime :)

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
- This one I'm just waiting for the last episode, Started watching it before it was finished and now I have to struggle to the week to wait for new episodes. Though as I said there is only one episode left. It's english title Daily Lives of High School Boys, just to give you a more clue of what it's about. It has it's fun moments and is absolutely worth looking at if you just want to watch something fun :)

Anime that I'll start watching once I'm done with those are probably:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madoka
- Don't know anything about this, except it's supposed to be good.

Amagami SS+
- Continuation of each of the archs from the first season, 2 episodes per Girl I think. Watched the first 2 episodes some time ago and enjoyed it as much as the first season. Decided to wait until everything was done so I could watch it all in one go instead. If you enjoyed the first one this one is defo worth checking out

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
- If I can find this somewhere I'll probably watch it, it seems interesting but that's all I know of it.

Nisemonogatari
- Just because I liked Bakemonogatari, and this is the sequel I feel I should watch it. Don't know much about it except that I've heard it has lots of fanservice...

Noir
- I started watching this way back, but I never finished it. And I remembered it while watching Gunslinger Girl so I thought I might just finish it. It's about a girl who can't remember anything, but she is G with the gun and starts working with a woman as an assassin.

I'd be happy to take other suggestions as well  :happy:

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2012, 05:51:49 PM »
Bump :euro:

Finished Katanagatari and Mushishi

Loved katanagatari, not quite sure if I liked the ending, but I think I did. And I came to freaking love the art style.

Mushishi was great as well, though finishing it didn't change how I saw it or anything, seeing as it doesn't have a constant story line. Each episode is a new story. So yeah it didn't really have an ending, but I enjoyed the hell out of it anyway. The atmosphere was great and the universe was great.

I'll start watching Madoka tonight, and if it's really good I'll probably finish it tomorrow, at which point I will start watching Noir seeing as I don't have the other ones I listed yet. but Madoka and Noir should be enough to keep me busy this weekend :)

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2012, 06:17:15 PM »
yeah, mushishi is a great anime, one of my favourites.  :wub:

Offline 灰野 敬二

• 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2012, 09:13:01 AM »
Just completed The World God Only Knows II, it was decent, in the end it turned out to be a little funnier and romantic than the first season.

-I- was 6.4/10, I'd say -II- was 6.6/10.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2012, 09:29:24 AM »
Simon:

Madoka was pretty fucking amazing, the story was just dark and deep, but still lovely.

Amagami SS+ is pretty much the same as the first season, except you see the continuation of the relationships. I also watched the second last episode today - without exaggeration, best episode from SS+. Also, it's Haruka. Impossible not to love.

AnoHana was, is, and will always be one of the best anime when it comes to friendship and bonds. Also it's a real tearjerker, so prepare yourself.

Nisemonogatari was slightly worse than the first season (I was just probably missing Oshino a lot) but it's still watchable. Luckily it kept its typical Bakemonogatari style.

Just completed The World God Only Knows II, it was decent, in the end it turned out to be a little funnier and romantic than the first season.

-I- was 6.4/10, I'd say -II- was 6.6/10.
I think season 1 was just incomparably much better than the second, only because of episode 12. I had high expectations of the last episode of the second season but it turned out to be a pretty normal episode. And don't go hope on a third season to be coming any time soon, apparently the sales weren't that good.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2012, 09:54:01 AM »
Bleach Episode 350.

Offline 灰野 敬二

• 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2012, 10:07:37 AM »
I think season 1 was just incomparably much better than the second, only because of episode 12.

That episode was emo as hell or maybe it's my fault for being so detached from my human side. :unsure:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal