Author Topic: .MP4 render settings  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
.MP4 render settings
« on: February 14, 2012, 04:36:13 AM »
I had a pretty nice template before I installed Vegas for the second time but I cannot retrieve them since the install got fucked when I switched the HDD to slave. And now I am struggling to get them back and find some myself.

Helpz? Need to render a entry before this evening and my .wmv's get fucked when uploading to Youtube.

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
Re: .MP4 render settings
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 06:18:42 AM »
freaking bonk...

Offline Cocaine

• NL | WL | ASC
    • View Profile
    • YOUTUBE
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 06:32:54 AM »

Offline FELIX

• formerly known as Flava and cloudwalker
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 03:49:46 AM »
Uhm...

next time search dude.

http://www.gtastunting.net/index.php?topic=50637.0

Pls leave a comment on my topic if you liked them. ;o

(The filsizes are big but the quality is awesome and the render faster than wmv.)

Offline ŠtatiÇ

• Still Ballin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 01:12:41 AM »
Take the Sony avc file and there you have one option to scale up the quality...it's a number you can scale up to 20.000.000..
Then there are someoptions like savcl or something like that and baseline...
If you want the result go to my channel /gtasstatic and check out the video quality test...

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 04:37:16 AM »
Don't follow any of the previous tutorials, they're all so so wrong. I haven't used Vegas in years now so I don't know if all these options are in the old versions of Vegas, but if you've got Teamviewer I'll set it up for you based on what I use in other applications :P

EDIT: The reason I can't just post a preset is because a lot of things change between different versions of Sony Vegas, making it hard to recommend one preset for everyone. For example, it's debatable whether you should use Mainconcept AVC instead of Sony AVC depending on your version of Sony Vegas. They both render h.264, but the options for each both change depending on which version of Vegas you have.

Everything in Vegas 10 would lead you to believe that Sony AVC can only render in constant bit-rate, but it actually renders using a variable bit rate based on what you've chosen, with a max bitrate of 16mbps. In Vegas 11 the 'Internet' templates are switched from Sony AVC to Mainconcept AVC, there's many things to take into consideration. The best version of Vegas is obviously Vegas 11, and rendering at high quality is also much easier with this version.

The worst thing you can do is render to MeGUI or a similar type of program. Total waste of time for minimal improvement in quality. This isn't even an issue with other editing programs (Premiere Pro, FCP, Avid etc), as they're all capable of rendering better files than Sony Vegas. The best advice I can give to anyone is to do their research; don't listen to random tutorials on YouTube, seek out factual data about encoding and then apply that to the program you're using. In other words, only listen to professionals.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:18:48 AM by Shadowsniper »

Offline ŠtatiÇ

• Still Ballin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 12:52:56 PM »
Don't follow any of the previous tutorials, they're all so so wrong.
well...but i wonder that my 1080p setting with the options i posted before you are one of the best qualitys around gtas -.-
just except of valus i never saw a good one than mine i posted,or all the guys i shared with them

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 05:56:24 PM »
Which version of Vegas do you have? If you've got Skype and Teamviewer I can set it up for you tommorow :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal