Author Topic: Need new keyboard and mouse  (Read 2859 times)

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Need new keyboard and mouse
« on: November 30, 2011, 09:14:43 AM »
It is time, time to get rid off my (probably around 10 year old) keyboard and mouse. The keyboard has 2 missing F-keys and the others tend to get stuck when I press them. It's a PS/2 keyboard and mouse as well, so I should probably get some USB ones.

Anyone got a good suggestion which isn't too expensive?

Offline Davve

• Veteran Member
  • Colossus
    • View Profile
Re: Need new keyboard and mouse
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 09:24:15 AM »
Any special requirements? Will you use the keyboard mainly for gaming and such or for writing? That's actually quite important. Just asking since I don't want to recommend something you wouldn't be satisfied with.

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 09:28:11 AM »
Mouse, logitech mx518, it's affordable & imo much better than most of the overpriced overaccessorized pieces of shit. It's comfortable, smooth, has 3 switchable dpi amounts, basically the perfect mouse for editing & gaming  :euro:

Offline lilj

• Veteran Member
  • techincal ?
    • View Profile
    • MY GTA SAN ANDREAS VIDEOS
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 11:01:52 AM »
Mouse, logitech mx518, it's affordable & imo much better than most of the overpriced overaccessorized pieces of shit. It's comfortable, smooth, has 3 switchable dpi amounts, basically the perfect mouse for editing & gaming  :euro:
true, won to many awards for one of the best gaming mice. you might wanna take a look at mechanical keyboreds, hard to get used to but really worth it if you are doing alot of gaming and typing

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 11:11:02 AM »
Any special requirements? Will you use the keyboard mainly for gaming and such or for writing? That's actually quite important. Just asking since I don't want to recommend something you wouldn't be satisfied with.
Both actually, though I don't consider myself a hardcore PC gamer, more casual. I play games now and then but I'll also write essays for my study.

This is the keyboard I have at the moment:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 11:14:10 AM by Genyus »

Offline Vegas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 11:54:00 AM »
agreed with determined, I have mx 518 myself and I must say it's the best mouse I have owned so far. You have up to five customizable dpi speeds IF you install the software, and also can bind an action on the macro button. I really don't get people who have to have 3000+ dpi when 1200 is totally fine  :lol:  as a keyboard I would recommend an A4Tech keyboards. They have a special layout for easying your gaming and they also have basic multimedia keys, USB/jack 3.5 hub, rubbered keys and customizable speed. Also cheaper than most of the stuff availaible. They are PS/2 though.
If you want to invest more money in the set, as a mouse I would pick something from Roccat and a Logitech keyboard (Roccat keyboards are fine too though)

Don't think about Razer, all they sell are pieces of shit! :lol:

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 12:08:30 PM »
It doesn't necessarily need to be USB, PS/2 is fine as well I guess. Thanks for the suggestions so far guys, I'll look into them. Guess I'll be getting that logitech mx 518, now all I need is a good keyboard.

Offline STREEM

• ☯♫
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 12:22:04 PM »
anything from razer, but only when you have a chance to catch some nice deal

got a4tech x7 mouse myself for like 3 years already and some tracer keyboard for around 11years, they do the thing soso

Offline Reaper

• Skyforger
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 12:29:21 PM »
Logitech MX518 for mouse and Logitech G11 for keyboard.  :ajaja:

Offline Jubito

• I got CDs in my crate like crack in my pocket...yeah right, neither of the above
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 12:51:06 PM »

Mine is almost identical, I have it for 7/8 years now and it's awesome, I wouldn't change it for none of the newer ones....
Conclusion: Old, classic keyboards ftw

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 01:22:16 PM »
I have a similar one as Jubito, but had to change it because one day I was damn laughing and drinking some water, and then the glass fall from my hand, and then bye bye keys. Had to change it for a random one, it works fine, but I prefer the older one D:

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 02:02:33 PM »
Mine is almost identical, I have it for 7/8 years now and it's awesome, I wouldn't change it for none of the newer ones....
Conclusion: Old, classic keyboards ftw
Oh you just reminded me I still have one or two old keyboards in my basement, gonna check em out  :cc_detective:

Offline bluedagger

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 02:15:10 PM »
get a macbook

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 02:30:41 PM »

Offline Cookie

• Veteran Member
  • om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 02:39:36 PM »
as said, Logitech mx518. Affordable and awesome.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal