Poll

which one your gonna get??

MW3
BF3
both
none

Author Topic: MW3 or BF3?  (Read 8462 times)

Offline Cookie

• Veteran Member
  • om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: MW3 or BF3?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2011, 07:09:34 AM »
^ Great explanation right there.
I will be pre-ordering MW3. And if BF3 is good, hell, i might even get that too.  I just dont understand why people get it into their head and hate CoD with a passion.

Offline Zenaku

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2011, 09:45:04 AM »
MW3 looks very like MW2, and MW2 looks fucking amazing, not super realistic or whatever but it looks very nice nonetheless. The only thing that ruined MW2 from being the best cod game was all the stupid stuff that they never fixed. And now MW3 is coming where they have fixed almost everything. I'm not saying it'll be a perfect game, but There is no second chance/last stand. No onemanarmy noobtubing. Explosions are altogether nerfed. If campers annoy you go and play the new gametype Kill Confirmed where you have to go and get the dogtags the person you shoot to confirm the kill. There are new maps, new weapons, new killstreaks and even pointstreaks. Sound thing never bothered me in games. "Oh no they sound the same, this must suck." "Oh hell no god forbid the same animations in a first person shooter." So loads of new stuff in there bro. Also the atmosphere is the same, I love the atmosphere  in MW2.

Though I should add that I started playing COD when Black Ops was released, so I haven't played MW2 to death. Which would be one of the reasons I'm not tired of that game. But I have played Black ops to death (15th prestige, level 50 :3 ) and I'm not tired of that game. Just some fags that play it. but if I play with a team (some friends or my brother and whatnot, then it's good fun)

And another thing about the BF3 engine allowing more features and advanced gameplay. That sounds cool and all, but it feels more like something for the hardcore gamers to enjoy. However it doesn't sound as awesome as "No second Chance" or "No onemanarmy noobtubes" to me. But again that might be because I'm mainly playing cod nowadays. And like I said I am probably going to get BF3, even though I'm not that hyped about it as some people seem to be.

Thanks for this explanation, i clearly see your point of view now.
It seems to be a matter of taste. :P
I admit that it's good they fixed all these things because many players were complaining about them.

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2011, 06:17:14 AM »
You can't compare these games to each other, you simply can't. Be honest with yourself, if you liked the previous CoDs, don't miss out on this one as it seems to be just the same good old CoD fun, they've hit a formula that works pretty well so why not?

and at the same time, if you want to get one of the best action-based shooters from this year, don't miss out on BF3 as it is going to break the limits of everything you've seen before.

That said, the only real winner here is the person that gets both and stops comparing them to each other.

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2011, 08:11:03 AM »
You can't compare these games to each other, you simply can't. Be honest with yourself, if you liked the previous CoDs, don't miss out on this one as it seems to be just the same good old CoD fun, they've hit a formula that works pretty well so why not?

and at the same time, if you want to get one of the best action-based shooters from this year, don't miss out on BF3 as it is going to break the limits of everything you've seen before.

That said, the only real winner here is the person that gets both and stops comparing them to each other.
finally someone who thinks the same way as me

Offline Zenaku

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2011, 11:02:10 PM »

Stop saying it's not comparable...
The only thing that is different is the way players play it..
They are both FPS, and are both about real war with the same kind of weapons (arcade or not, it's not like you were using laserguns in one and real weapons in the other)...Of course, each has its own characteristics that make players prefer one of them but yeah they are overall pretty comparable.
Also, those games are the two biggest FPS franchises.

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2011, 05:52:46 AM »
They are not comparable because they are totally different and created with the different idea. The only same thing is that they both have the theme of modern day warfare, so the only thing you could compare would be the storylines. People who compare these games to each other are being as dumb as someone comparing an apple to an orange.

Offline ℛocky

• MDMA
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2011, 05:55:52 AM »
most fps's nowadays are compared to cod, thats just how it is  :ninja:

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2011, 06:15:02 AM »
FOCKIN FPONGAH! TEAM QUICKSCOPE OLOLOLO james we should play again

Offline Zenaku

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2011, 07:46:41 PM »
They are not comparable because they are totally different and created with the different idea. The only same thing is that they both have the theme of modern day warfare, so the only thing you could compare would be the storylines. People who compare these games to each other are being as dumb as someone comparing an apple to an orange.

What an explanation with great arguments...
You're just saying they are not comparable without saying why.
And please respect me and not say i'm a dumb.

As i said before, the only differences between those games are the way they are played and their own characteristics (like vehicule and destructions in BF, like killstreaks in CoD, size of the maps).
They both have team deathmatches for example so i don't get how you can't compare them while we are talking about the same game mode.
Overall, we have realistic maps, with real weapons, real soldiers, and same kinds of game modes, close gameplay (i'm not talking about their own characteristics) and yeah...
Of course, CoD is faster and more arcade, but we can easily imagine something like Battlefield in a CoD's map (not including the vehicules, only close-range gunfighting). In that situation, you can't say it's not comparable at all...

It looks like everyone is saying "they are not comparable" to flee the debate...

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2011, 09:45:55 PM »
It's like having a discussion about your favourite type of food. One person prefers pizza while another prefers pasta, they're both completely different types of food, but they're still food and you can still compare them. The same applies here, some people just like to be 'above' the discussion of popular comparisons I guess :lol:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:48:22 PM by Shadowsniper »

Offline Squeak

• Forbidden Element
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2011, 09:50:15 PM »
CoD has style!

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2011, 11:56:51 PM »
topic tl;dr
here's the conclusion;

CoD = fast paced, full-on action, trickshots, bullshitting
BF = the pace of the game depends on what kind of people you're playing with, BF is stragetic, taking your time and overall more seriousness.

Just fucking get whichever you're most comfortable playing with, or get both if you're a picky fuck. Don't let anyone talk you out of it cause that's just not right. Like SS said, it's a matter of taste. You're not gonna call someone dumb or whatever because he prefers hamburgers over taco's.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2011, 01:00:38 AM »
topic tl;dr
here's the conclusion;

CoD = fast paced, full-on action, trickshots, bullshitting
BF = the pace of the game depends on what kind of people you're playing with, BF is stragetic, taking your time and overall more seriousness.

Just fucking get whichever you're most comfortable playing with, or get both if you're a picky fuck. Don't let anyone talk you out of it cause that's just not right. Like SS said, it's a matter of taste. You're not gonna call someone dumb or whatever because he prefers hamburgers over taco's.
I would get mad at someone who prefers hamburgers over taco's :3
And, Cod can be strategic, taking your time. Because it depends on what people you are playing with. I'm not wanting to argue, but you can play both games however you like. It's not like a formula on how to play the games. It's how the people play them. I can go in BF and run all over, try trick shots or just do some "bullshitting"
and I can go in Cod and be serious and play strategic.

:cheernutz: :euro:

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2011, 01:31:12 AM »
Ofcourse you can do all that, just saying that the majority of the people in both games play a certain style.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2011, 01:49:28 AM »
Yeah I guess that's true. Does anyone know what requirements BF3 needs for PC btw? I just updated my computer and I'm wondering if I can run it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal