Author Topic: 2011/12 SA Community Video  (Read 42715 times)

Offline Squeak

• Forbidden Element
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: 2011/12 SA Community Video
« Reply #225 on: April 15, 2012, 08:27:07 AM »
To re-organize a 2011 comvid now? Naaaah, rather organize a new one, i guess half of people already lost their stunts

Offline value

• internationaler player
  • thabang
    • View Profile
    • YOUTUBE
« Reply #226 on: April 17, 2012, 12:41:17 PM »
u know who to speak to haehaehae

Offline FFUUUrious

• White Label editor & Superficial Destroyer
    • View Profile
    • Furious' YouTube Account
« Reply #227 on: April 17, 2012, 01:02:46 PM »
I will send out a new PM to Dogger tomorrow. If I get no response within a week, I'll see what further action to take.

Dogger *never* (and I emphasize this) drops his projects, but everyone who has had any experience with him knows that he likes to take his time. I'd really hate to swap him at this point, but if it is necessary I will do what needs to be done.

as i know he was editing some VC collaboration for 6 months, im dont sure its true  :lol:

Offline Asaaj

• Spaalonebabuguuscooties
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 17, 2012, 03:45:53 PM »
Sorry but isn't it the same case with everyone fucking SA Community Video? We got a editor who's supposed to make the video nice and dandy and that's cool I guess (?), but he's slow as fuck so people get impatient  (yeah stop being so impatient people) and then it somehow gets dropped again so we wait for 1 more year so we can re-organize it and the fucking circlejerk starts again?

Tbh that's the reason why I never joined a Community Video. No offense to anyone but this shit keeps happening and happening over again. Maybe you guys are just approaching the whole "Community Video" Idea  wrong.

Just look at My Community. It's not a community video per-se but it could have aswell been one. Aaand all of it didn't take more than 2 months.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:50:28 PM by Kai »

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #229 on: April 17, 2012, 04:28:12 PM »
Well when you emphasize it with such magnitude, everyone's gonna approach the subject in a much more serious manner, despite it not being any different than anything else that gets done around here. That's just how the human mind works, we hype it up as this massive, "only awesome stunts" kind of thing & everyone's perception suddenly switches, just out of pure wording & exaggeration, suddenly everyone is going balls to the wall 110% super serious business about something that could be handled as any other collab 'round here.

Offline Asaaj

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 17, 2012, 06:52:32 PM »
That's basicly what I've been trying to say :euro:

It's just a collab that has the "community video" slapped on it with way too many people. Handle it like a normal collab and things get a bit easier.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 17, 2012, 10:24:37 PM »
Dundee has edited like 3 SA videos while he had this project. <_<
and he made all those maybe in 2 months of work soso.

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 18, 2012, 02:03:59 AM »
It's just a collab that has the "community video" slapped on it with way too many people. Handle it like a normal collab and things get a bit easier.
I disagree, a community video has to have a special representative feeling for the community to it. That's what makes these fun and special to organize. If you want to organize a normal collab, you organize a normal collab. I agree this shit takes way too long but then again I wonder how serious people are for making this a good vid (by that I do not only mean organizer and editor but also the stunters). It's a community project, so everyone has to put their best efforts in it to make it something good. Otherwise it will indeed be just another collab.

Offline Asaaj

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 18, 2012, 06:07:30 AM »
You never know until you start to handle things a bit differently. Sure it has to be somewhat special because it's a community video and all that and I appreciate the efforts everyone is putting into it, from organizer to editor to the stunters even, but I am sick and tired to see that the last community video was 6 years ago, atleast in SA. I wonder why VC community videos never suffer like SA community videos do and I don't want to get psychologic about it.

Maybe I am just cynical, but we ought to get this rolling or else we're stuck again with our stupid faces, crying out loud why this has failed once again.

I sure appreciate that you guys take the supposedly best editor for the community video, but you also have to take a look at the stunters who are eager to see the results, and after 6 months those results would have to be a masterpiece to please the community. A little update from the editor even would make the stunters take it a bit more easy, instead of waiting in the shadows not knowing what's going on, because let's face it.

The stunters play a huge roll in the community videos. They submit their (hopefully) best efforts to the editor, and if he's taking it slow, you will ofcourse always have somebody losing his stunts and in the end you ask yourself why.

That's why I suggest to handle it a bit differently, like a somewhat normal collab and see how people react towards it. It's better to have a community video at all after 6 years than not having one IMO.

Because no matter how good Dogger will edit this, this video will not be as good as it's supposed to be because stunters keep losing their stuff.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 06:27:00 AM by Kai »

Offline Squeak

• Forbidden Element
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 18, 2012, 12:54:55 PM »
Blablabla it won't ever get finished, if he didn't make it in 6 months he won't be arsed to do it in the future. I believe Ptrvy likes his works but seriously, a much more active person should have had to do it.

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 18, 2012, 01:18:36 PM »
Blablabla it won't ever get finished, if he didn't make it in 6 months he won't be arsed to do it in the future. I believe Ptrvy likes his works but seriously, a much more active person should have had to do it.
+1

Offline PrzemOO

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 18, 2012, 01:41:22 PM »
I've kind of gotten used to this. I don't expect to see it done or any future SA community organisation. Same with SASL videos. It would be cool to have one but yeah, they always fail for some reason. Not to add my stunt in this is some replay Petar asked me if he can use, kind of a filler for the video.

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #237 on: April 18, 2012, 01:50:44 PM »
I disagree, a community video has to have a special representative feeling for the community to it. That's what makes these fun and special to organize. If you want to organize a normal collab, you organize a normal collab. I agree this shit takes way too long but then again I wonder how serious people are for making this a good vid (by that I do not only mean organizer and editor but also the stunters). It's a community project, so everyone has to put their best efforts in it to make it something good. Otherwise it will indeed be just another collab.

The problem is that you can't really call that a community vid if half of the community is discouraged to participate or give their best stuff 'cause of all the setbacks that happen. Everyone's in doubt if the vid will actually be done because of the way it's being handled & that really brings the whole thing down quite a notch.

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 19, 2012, 06:33:42 AM »
Just look at My Community. It's not a community video per-se but it could have aswell been one. Aaand all of it didn't take more than 2 months.

It could not have been, since it was private. Community =/= all the people you're friends with. Even though a lot of the active guys here are. :P

As far as I'm concerned there's nothing easier than to find a editor who will half ass it in 1 months time. But does anyone really want a video like that?

I will see to it that this video gets released. I have yet to hear a response from Kacper. And as I've said, if there's no response, I'll swap and that's it. Three days left, if I'm not mistaken...

Offline NuclearDeath

• TMS Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 19, 2012, 07:18:48 AM »
As far as I'm concerned there's nothing easier than to find a editor who will half ass it in 1 months time. But does anyone really want a video like that?

I do, most of my favorite vid are under edited. Look at Connected for example  :|

Squeak : True that, the last SA com vid was Amped 2 released before this&that if I remember correctly, so it must be around in 07' 08'. Maybe it's time for a new one, don't make a big deal out of it and get back on track.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:44:47 AM by NuclearDeath »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal