Author Topic: Solidarity - VC/LC/SAiVC Community Video  (Read 34508 times)

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Re: Solidarity - VC/LC/SAiVC Community Video
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2011, 02:26:04 PM »
It was okay, but I really don't see where 8 months went, especially when you consider the fact that it looks almost identical to Interlocked. The project just seemed to lack any real passion or interest, and that came through in the editing. Now I'm no editing maestro (I thought anti-aliasing meant you refused to adopt a nickname), but it's hard to miss the general feeling of indifference in this vid.

I guess the stunts are all that really matter, and they were fine for the most part. BGHitman's stuff was lovely, and Barney's ring stoppie was pretty darn groovy (how that didn't wind up in the main portion of the vid is beyond me). Everyone had decent stuff, and there was a nice spread of stunters so it catered to the community at large, which is the whole point.

Not too bad, but didn't come close to reflecting the amount of time it took.

P.S. The music was woeful.

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2011, 02:55:33 PM »
Music: Fine, nothing special
Editing: Worked alright, though I don't think that you brought anything new to the table. Like kaneda mentioned, it lacks passion.
Stunting: Most stunts were either clever and fairly easy, or boring and difficult. Good variety though, and not too much use of lame methods, melikes

Some of my favorite stunts that I feel deserve a mention:
- Kukiel's freeway bump to double ledgegrind: that shit was off the hook man, definitely one of the stand-outs
- Barney's ledgegrind to precision: mint! lovely idea and brilliant execution
- BG Hitman's natural bump to billboard: god how I love this stunt
- Barney's freeway backbump to precision: what a pleasant surprise that was, hehe
- Barney's stadium ring stoppie: always wanted to see that done, you absolutely nailed it

One thing I can say for sure is that this video is definitely not fresh. Most of the stunts were either old, used or played off old ideas. I don't think this video represents how brilliant stunting can be, but it's a hell of a lot better than Trinity (which I thought was shit). Hopefully we can bring some of that GTAStunting magic into the next production, cause I don't think this lives up to our members' potential to create unique, innovative and mind-blowing videos.

Not a bad video at all, though not nearing the level of classics like Connected, Fracture or Interlocked. Good job to all involved, but we can do better.

Edit:
@Maci: *sigh* what have WH done to you...? jesus
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 03:08:15 PM by Red »

Offline luli guy

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2011, 02:59:17 PM »
i am sad because you used some weird and modded stunts and not mine

liked arnax's stunt on the window

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2011, 03:10:36 PM »
I dunno if you pulled my stunts because you were pissed at me or if you could tell from my posts concerning this vid that I just wished to bow out. Either way I thank you for pulling them.

Offline Brainkiller

• Narkissos
  • Veteran Member
  • Twisted Metal Stunters
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2011, 03:46:22 PM »
Why are so many people saying Wozzie's pb is modded :blink:

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2011, 04:14:49 PM »
Why are so many people saying Wozzie's pb is modded :blink:

The fact of the matter is Boxxx's stunts don't look modded. You might be suspicious because of the height he gets or the distance, but the actually stunts themselves don't LOOK modded.

No offense, but I think being in WH has clouded your judgement :P. He just floats right up to the landing. He barely even touches the bump.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 04:17:02 PM by Shadowsniper »

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2011, 04:40:10 PM »
Keep in mind that I ain't a VC guy, but to be honest I'm pretty disappointed. There were some stunts which looked awesome, but to me the song was pretty boring and so was the editing. I don't really get why it took so long. Compared to the other VC community videos, I liked this one the least somehow. Luckily some stunts kept me awake throughout. I find the title kinda unfitting, it's unfair to place some guys with their only stunt in the outro while you got 7 in the main, Mythic. It's a community video after all and you should've tried to give everyone a place in the main part. I perhaps sound a little rude, but it's just some constructive reply which I hope you do appreciate.

Offline MtS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2011, 06:06:05 PM »
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:57:13 PM by mateus »

Offline Turtle Dick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2011, 06:22:37 PM »
I liked it. Definately an improvement from the previous comvid :)

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2011, 06:37:29 PM »
I feel for you Barnz.... your stunts were truly amazing...only to see them in such a disgrace of a video. No offence to who ever didn't catch the modders....it's not your fault, you just need more "beta watching" experience lmao

Offline Samurai

• ATS Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2011, 06:45:44 PM »
Don't forget about experience in "replay Checking"   :lol:  ....if that is sadly the case.

Thanks to the all stunters that sent real reps. I thought all the stunts i appreciated were executed pretty nicely!
Not all of the apple is rotten.

fuck tricks.  :ajaja:

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 06:49:41 PM by Samurai »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2011, 07:18:03 PM »
No offence to who ever didn't catch the modders....it's not your fault, you just need more "beta watching" experience lmao

We did (well I did at least, don't know about the others), but only one of them was removed from the video :rolleyes:

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2011, 07:26:08 PM »
Fuck yeah finally released.
Good job to every1, Cola, Raskal, Krypton and Barney freakin pwned! All the ppl sent great stuff, but god damn mythic you landed that nat bump! And bluster, god bluster, always landing pwning stuff!! The editing was nice, not so much effects/overediting, great song, special for a comm vid, and great ambient too. Overall the editing were old school and stylish ;D
The bad things was
that some of you guys didn't put some good effort on this, i'm not sayin that you've not done a good job, it's just that 8 months! God this was very lazy i think :\
Some stunters didn't appear here, like Onder ,KOD, Donfi or Sabotage. Meh that's not my busyness, maybe you didn't put them cuz of the time of the video or other problem..
And that i've lost Genyus bsm :cheersad:
AND I'VE LOST BARNEY STUNTS AND THE FINISHER TOO

Overall my rating for the vid: 4/5
Great job to all of you guys, keep rockin' ;)

Offline вαℓυ

• Lord of The Underground
  • Veteran Member
  • Killerstunter
    • View Profile
    • http://uk.youtube.com/user/Balujan
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2011, 08:23:01 PM »
This really didn't live up to the expectations that built up during these months, you didn't use the song to it's full potential, sure you wanted an oldschool video, that's understandable, but this felt flavorless. Didn't really want to stand on this side of the road but I regret donating my collab to this lol. Oh well, one thing can be said, this is better than Trinity.

Stunts were great, really liked Barney's stunts, and Ghost's VC stunt. Too sleep deprived to remember other stunts, but there were other memorable stunts too lol.

Great job all.

---

By the way Mythic, I'm from India, not Russia. Not that it matters, just saying. :lol:

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2011, 09:13:29 PM »
Awww, Neo's stunt didn't make final cut :( it was sexy as well.

People complained about a fair few veterans not being in this - it's because simply put a fair few didn't WANT to be in this. That's their choice. For me, as soon as I landed that crappy little BSM to grind, I thought 'I wonder how I can use this', and sent it for this comm vid - it feels like an eternity when that happened, and in a stunting sense it was.

Mythick's whoring of himself in the main part was as obvious as a punch to the face and it's criminal on his part not to have replaced some of the main stunts with the excellent stunts that featured in the outro. Was it being lazy? Most probably. Does Mythick have other commitments in his life? Most probably, we all do. I'm still gonna pull him up about it.

To me the whole video had a negative air about it, music is all about personal preference but I thought it sucked while every 5 stunts you saw Mythick deny another person the opportunity to have participated by showing himself do a stunt. Mythick complains about not having anything to replace it with, the things that were pulled out, well I ask what about the poor bastards who asked if their stunt had made it in the beta, and I had to publicly tell them that Mythick hadn't included it anywhere, at least not in the beta, but maybe hopefully in the final version?

I'm too lazy to really check thoroughly for now as it's getting late but tell me, from the beta to the final release, was anything new included that wasn't a stunt by Mythick? 8 friggin' months. In that time I was working, then lost my job, then got my job back again, and then lost it - then this video was released. Shocking amount of time taken to release this.

Anyone complaining about a lack of intro, Mythick spent...6 months, was it, waiting for someone to code it? Then it didn't happen. Then due to public demand, there was no intro. I'm glad at this - sometimes intros aren't really needed, and it's best just to dig in to the main feast of stunts. Worked well for UnorthodoX.

Congratulations to everyone who took part and who are proud to be a part of GTAStunting.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal