Author Topic: Looking back - Aproxxage  (Read 3475 times)

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
Looking back - Aproxxage
« on: April 24, 2011, 01:04:47 AM »
Hello guys. I've been granted permission by the staff to kickstart a small review series of my own. It's insipred by Blast of the Past, however it will feature "slightly" newer videos, but still quite old (2008/09 period). Also it will be in SA mostly. If some staff members help me out we could expand this into VC as well. Comments, criticism or any kind of suggestion regarding the series is appreciated.

In the premiere of the "Looking Back" series, we will be looking back at Aproxxage.

Aproxx was one of the most influential newcomers in the late 08-09 period. Commonly dubbed as 'the grind king', 'the master of grinds' - or whatever grind-related term that comes to your mind - Aproxx's grinds clearly stood out from the others a lot. However, probably a lot of the GTAS veterans haven't really heard of him. That's because his activity on GTAS was never really high, and the most popular video he made (which I'll be reviewing today), was released while GTAS was in the 'dark era', or should I say, on the temp forums.

The first really notable appearance by Aproxx was in a crew video by ESU called "Reminiscent". Back then (late '08), people weren't really paying a lot of attention to grinds in SA. However, Aproxx decided to spice it all up by adding the element which was missing from a lot of grinds those days - rotation. And it worked. He owned that video by far, and his grinds were the most mentioned thing around that topic.

Aproxxage is most certainly the highpoint of Aproxx's 'career' - it was the awesome recollection of every breathtaking stunt he landed, and he never made a really notable appearance since. It is sad how Aproxx's stunting diminished greatly after this video (he'd only go on to appear in a few more collabs and make one more solo before quitting). Insane grinding combined with a few cool looking precisions here n there really provide the viewer an amazing feeling.

This video has certainly been the biggest inspiration for many stunters (including me) to make some great grind stunts, and I'm pretty sure it will still be for times to come. It wasn't all in the stunts though, for this video Aproxx hired the services of SentitneS, who is most certainly one of the most amazing editors around GTAS. Combined with Aproxx's epic grinds and some great soundtrack by Disciple, this video has it all.

Aproxxage

VenomX - I don't know who this guy is but that was damn good...even for an SA vid.
Hoff - Awesome video, your grinds are so sick! Two out of two thumbs up.
KillaMarci - Your stunts seem to be executed perfectly and always look great.
Burn - OMG your grinds were fuckin' awesome dude - goodjob I've been really impressed.

FURTHER VIEWING:
[noembed]- [ESU]Reminiscent - the crew video where Aproxx got his first big notice.
- Aproxxilicious - Aproxx's last solo. Contains stunts which aren't stuff you see everyday.
- Balance - recommended only for people who are capable of handling overedited videos, this was Aproxx's duo with me.[/noembed]

Offline TurBo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Looking back - Aproxxage
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 01:25:49 AM »
Thanks for reminding us of Aproxx, I remember clearly the periods when he rised up and broke through nicely into SA stunting but also I do remember seeing Aproxxage once and realizing he'll soonly quit, quite a shame indeed.

Offline FELIX

• formerly known as Flava and cloudwalker
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 03:04:26 AM »
Aproxx was an amazing grinder but I wouldn't call him the grind king because we've seen many awesome grinder's in GTAS history already (I am a big fan of Sadness btw).

I heard some rumors from the GTAStunting.de stuff that he modded a few stunts too so I am unsure who to believe. Anyway, the video was sick!

Offline Arnax

• beyond
  • Veteran Member
  • Solus Ipse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 04:07:13 AM »
Just a few days ago I watched this video, and I must say that it is just as impressive now as it was when he released it. Approx is great stunter, who in a short period of time created some very significant videos. However, there is the only one "grind king" and he is Sadness.

Offline blackdeath

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 04:14:53 AM »
I have not had a chance to know him, but he was really good.

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 04:29:08 AM »
I miss that crazy German dick :lol:

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 04:31:13 AM »
Yeah Aproxx was an epic stunter! Great read.

Offline Dimension

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 05:26:18 AM »
Another good Read. :happy:
Thanks Petar :euro:

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 05:52:05 AM »
Aproxx <3 This guy is amazing , one of the biggest influences for me.Sadly he quitted , i miss him.

Offline Smut

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 07:31:13 AM »
wow  :wub: you really have deserved to write such looking backs cause this was a really great one
GJ Petar  :cheernutz:

Offline mqtH

• Aero Reapers
  • I liek teh grindz
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 03:19:11 PM »
Aproxx inspire me at stunting... He was amazing !

Offline MeetMyMeat

• Veteran Member
  • Enough video games guys
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 04:11:30 PM »
Not intending to be a buzzkil, but I see only a decent stunter for his time who landed several impressive spots. I fail to see him being anything near to a "grind king".

Offline Hoff

• Breeder for life
  • Veteran Member
  • xouzb qhm jxuco
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/aante
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 04:16:55 PM »
Thanks for reposting this. Unfortunately I forgot about this video's existance shortly after watching it. Downloading it now - I'll save it forever!

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 10:14:37 PM »
Not intending to be a buzzkil, but I see only a decent stunter for his time who landed several impressive spots. I fail to see him being anything near to a "grind king".
You aren't a buzzkill - I was only stating a fact. While he was in his most active times, his name was almost always accompanied with a 'grind king', and even 2 years later there are some people who call him that. Of course there were people who didn't think this is true.

Try to see it in a different way: that decent stunter who landed several impressive spots inspired a lot of other decent stunters to land even more impressive spots.  :ajaja:

I see you guys like the series' idea so far - I'll be sure to review some more stuff.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 10:21:17 PM by PtRvY »

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 12:36:35 AM »
Speaking about grind kings, do one on Sanandrepero  :wub: or evox  :ninja:

Lovely review, was nice reading it, Aproxx sure deserves this  :wub:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal