Author Topic: [CLEO 3 & 4] Stream Ini Extender  (Read 14809 times)

Offline PullMan

• WWUUBB
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: [CLEO 3 & 4] Stream Ini Extender
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2010, 07:34:08 AM »
i install this mod in my friend house
FPS without mod: 85
FPS with mod: 250-350

my fps is 30-35, i install it and no have diference of fps, but the rad is more perfectly, and the game is more clean :D

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2010, 08:15:33 AM »
@Streem, also that game change feel from 60-70 to 120-130 is a very big change, I assume that is where you get
the gravity feel from. As I went from 60-70 to 120-130 when I had upgraded my hardware, I also thought shit was
weird.

It's not, even with the FL on 30 frames you have the same feeling.

Offline STREEM

• ☯♫
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2010, 10:55:45 AM »
@Streem, also that game change feel from 60-70 to 120-130 is a very big change, I assume that is where you get
the gravity feel from. As I went from 60-70 to 120-130 when I had upgraded my hardware, I also thought shit was
weird.

It's not, even with the FL on 30 frames you have the same feeling.
i guess i know better what do i feel, dont i? would you mind shutting the fuck up?

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2010, 01:11:48 PM »
I was agreeing with you retard :lol:

Offline Raekah

• http://www.gtadrifting.net/
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2010, 02:39:23 PM »
Well if there is a same weird feeling at 30 FPS / FL-ON then yeah, this is modding then. :cheersad:

Offline Juan

• Veteran Member
  • TMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2010, 07:54:29 PM »
Shadowsniper is talking about a whole different option. Setting frame limiter to 30 will feel weird because it's originally set to 25. Framedelay sorta uncaps your fps further. What i gathered from Deji is that R* placed a lock on SA at around 120-140fps. Anyways didnt notice much difference between 500 and 120 fps, so i too have it locked at 120. :P

and SS stop modding.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2010, 08:12:14 PM »
What I'm talking about is that we tested this mod on SAMP a long time ago with 30fps (the default setting of FL on when you use this mod), and managed to get a rollboost style cabbie stunt with the normal horn button, a helicopter to float up by itself, and an overall experience that was definitely NOT possible without the mod. EDIT: another thing about that, you mention that Rockstar made a cap on the maximum frames you can reach. As we all know, an increase in framerate makes most aspects of stunting a lot easier. So surely it's modding to go past Rockstars limit whilst stunting? You could cap it at Rockstar's max, but even then from my own experiences this mod makes a physical difference even at low frame rates.

Oh and fuck off, I haven't released more than a few stunts in years, how would you know moron :lol:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 08:23:28 PM by Shadowsniper »

Offline Juan

• Veteran Member
  • TMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2010, 10:48:24 PM »
Oh I know. :euro:
More fps will not make you reach new limits. SA's gravity isnt affected by fps. Also more fps will not increase the max speed of a vehicle. It makes radding smoother, but like i said new limits wont be reached. Modders will try to use the fps excuse but.... <_<

Offline White

• Redux
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • WhiteXful
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2010, 04:05:24 AM »
This extender is the best thing that apeared around here for some time.The framelimit/the noblur/no heat haze and no colision fx are my favorite.Good job.

THIS DESERVES A PIN!!

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2010, 05:41:38 AM »
Oh I know. :euro:
More fps will not make you reach new limits. SA's gravity isnt affected by fps. Also more fps will not increase the max speed of a vehicle. It makes radding smoother, but like i said new limits wont be reached. Modders will try to use the fps excuse but.... <_<

I realise the gravity/speed isn't affected by FPS, but it's the way these things are applied by the game at higher framerates that makes the difference. That's why you can get the perfect RADs, and why people have reported floating up into the air past 700fps with this mod.

Offline Deji

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2013, 01:45:51 PM »
0.7 was released ages ago. Enjoy.

Offline Flat Face

• With power comes lulz
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2013, 05:21:59 PM »
Can't believe I missed that THE Deji posted this here :ninja: I guess it's up to peoples discretion as to whether they use this or not, though if they aren't doing gaps/airs I don't really see it being a problem? I don't know, I left SA alone because the games gravity seemed to change PC to PC.

Belated thanks for posting this though mate, any other mods posted here would no doubt be appreciated :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal