Poll

want it now?

yes
18 (64.3%)
no
10 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Team Editing Tournament?  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Squeak

• Forbidden Element
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Team Editing Tournament?
« on: November 16, 2010, 09:41:55 AM »
Its supposed to be a team tournament, teams with 2-2 members in it.
We just cant re-make a simple editing tournament this year, since its a 1 year award, thats why we thought about this.

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
Re: Team Editing Tournament?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 09:45:11 AM »
Team Editing is pure non-sense to me.

Offline Kacknase

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 09:47:28 AM »
wtf, now that makes sense.  :lol:
voted yes because i want to edit something!;3

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 10:02:34 AM »

Then I don't get why you took part into Extravaganza

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 10:09:50 AM »

That's a video made into several parts, you're going to make an entry split into two parts versus another entry split into two parts? thats sooooooo lame, theres basically no team work there, because team work in editing a single entry is non-sense.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 10:16:15 AM by BeaT »

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 10:51:07 AM »
What about combining a stunting and editing league? Makes more sense then a team editing league.. The stunter does a stunt and the editors edit it (the winning stunt)  :euro: Well, that could be a team league actually.. one stunter, one editor.. best entry in a certain objective wins

Offline Squeak

• Forbidden Element
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 11:02:52 AM »
What about combining a stunting and editing league? Makes more sense then a team editing league.. The stunter does a stunt and the editors edit it (the winning stunt)  :euro: Well, that could be a team league actually.. one stunter, one editor.. best entry in a certain objective wins
nice idea

we've discussed about something like this now and we thought this:
1 team (with name xy now) is gonna have 3 members, 2 stunters and an editor.  the stunters will get challenges like usually at stunting leagues, then the editor will edit that entry.
i could've write the names of the stunters/editors in a paper, then shake them in a hat (wohoo), and choose 2 stunters, and an editor (from an other hat) randomly.
whatcha think?

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 11:33:57 AM »
Exactly. Team editing would have to imply two people working together on a SAME clip (by this i mean, 2 guys releasing one video), which would either require the editors to know each other IRL or to use some kind of a remote access program. The concept you are mentioning here likely means that there will be 2 editors editing 2 videos, which is completely nonsense as BeaT said.

Also, why can't there be two singleplayer tournaments in one year? Go ahead. I wouldn't mind being a judge if any editing tournament happens.

Extravaganza is a editing crew video, not a team editing. We didn't all come to BeaT's house and edited our parts. We done four separate editings showing off our individual styles, under the same ideal we call Beyond Tomorrow. There was no real teamwork in the video as a whole (except the fact one person (me) had to put it all together, render it out etc.)

Offline +ZealousR+

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 12:47:39 PM »
I think this would be fun.
I didn't find the point in putting it in vote form. I mean currently there are 8 no's and 9 yes' the no's are just from the people who don't want to edit. meaning if there is a majority of no's then the people who voted yes wouldn't get to have the fun of editing.

Offline Squeak

• Forbidden Element
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 06:11:05 AM »
I didn't find the point in putting it in vote form. I mean currently there are 8 no's and 9 yes' the no's are just from the people who don't want to edit. meaning if there is a majority of no's then the people who voted yes wouldn't get to have the fun of editing.
i started it couse beat said the community doesnt need another editing tournament, ive just wanted to show him

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 06:24:26 AM »
nice idea

1 team (with name xy now) is gonna have 3 members, 2 stunters and an editor.  the stunters will get challenges like usually at stunting leagues, then the editor will edit that entry.
i could've write the names of the stunters/editors in a paper, then shake them in a hat (wohoo), and choose 2 stunters, and an editor (from an other hat) randomly.
whatcha think?

Would be something new and it will be better functioning then the SA/VC team leagues I guess  :hmm: But noshows are very hard in here... how can you edit something if they dont stunt for it?

Offline Squeak

• Forbidden Element
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 09:38:02 AM »
nice idea

whatcha think?

Would be something new and it will be better functioning then the SA/VC team leagues I guess  :hmm: But noshows are very hard in here... how can you edit something if they dont stunt for it?
well...we cant allow only active stunters/editors to join, but we could make a group for those stunters who dont have enough time or whatever, but they could join if somebody cant show, that would be the best i think.

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 02:24:26 PM »
Lemme guess, this is intended for SA.?  :cheersad:

Offline insLain

• Veteran Member
  • I ain't even mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 12:38:41 AM »
Why don't we make it with both VC & SA  :hmm: And voted yes because it would be fun and I want to edit something  :wub:

Offline Squeak

• Forbidden Element
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2010, 10:23:17 AM »
Lemme guess, this is intended for SA.?  :cheersad:
could be both (sa, vc) imo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal