Author Topic: Touch of A Samurai Remake  (Read 4484 times)

Offline Srcry

• DUSTED
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Touch of A Samurai Remake
« on: November 05, 2010, 03:41:52 PM »
Here's my remake of the classic stunt vid Touch of A Samurai. Enjoy
DOWNLOAD(recomended)
Touch of A Samurai Remake

also if somehow you haven't seen the original, [noembed]here it is[/noembed]

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Touch of A Samurai Remake
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 03:44:22 PM »
Cool video. Keep stunting dude. :)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 04:19:01 PM by Edga »

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 03:51:03 PM »
need a dl link

Offline Gavran

• Veteran Member
  • Stop looking here and check my post instead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 03:52:30 PM »
Watched it. Was quite neat, however it lacked that special feeling that the original TOAS had, but I can understand a feeling can be hard to reproduce.   :rolleyes:
Good job on landing the stunts, though 2 things popped into my head when watching this:

You didn't land the luck BSM2Ledgegrind (Know it's probably difficult) and your format seems weird, like it's strechy somehow. You really ought to look into it.

Once again, good job and keep it up!  :)

Offline JustCaus3

• aka tuutti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 03:55:47 PM »
HAHAAHAHAHHAHA, COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING AT 2:53  :lol: :lol: dunno why but was funny seeing daffy run off that boat, just so random..  :lol:

Was a really cool remake except for a few flaws, those grab could have been executed better, that bsm, he bailed of the roof.. That finisher, samurai bailed it also.. And, did aenema use a rhino in his guest stunt? i remember that no.. but otherwise a cool remake.. good job  :ajaja:

Offline Artifex

• Artifex
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 04:02:35 PM »
HAHAHAHA LMAOD AT 2.53 xD

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 04:03:27 PM »
I didn't like it to be honest. If you're going to remake a video like TOAS there needs to be something you can improve on or change in order to make it your own. You could have gave it some new angles, a better edit, and other things, but instead of this you lended heavily from the original editing and actually didn't pull it off with as much finesse or style. TOAS is a classic video, and it's got this mood which is unmatched even by most of the best videos released in the past couple of years. I can only think of a few videos that have a style as remarkable as TOAS had (AOA, TMS Techjam, XSA Impure, Midnight by 'The Collective', Connected, Unorthodox). Because of this, I was watching it and seeing why it was worse than original, rather than seeing it as a remake, because you didn't bring anything new to the table.

I bet you had fun making the video and it's fun to see you do it, but it really didn't translate into a good video for me :(
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 04:08:30 PM by Shadowsniper »

Offline Srcry

• DUSTED
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 04:21:50 PM »
@Shadowsniper
I don't know what to say after you made a comparison to UnorthodoX  :hmm:. I tried to make things different, but whatever.

@everyone else

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 04:26:13 PM »
The execution on the finisher was sehr epic!
Some other stunts could've been executed better tho, overall, there's really nothing that tops the original about this one, you could've put some more effort on making it stand out, remakes don't always have to be done exactly the same way, which is most likely to turn out worse than the original, but, oh well, I guess you had fun landing those stunts & imitating the editing flow, video cinematography of the original.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 04:28:18 PM »
@Shadowsniper
I don't know what to say after you made a comparison to UnorthodoX  :hmm:. I tried to make things different, but whatever.

I didn't, I'm just talking about videos that create similar awesome feelings to TOAS :)

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 04:50:30 PM »
For once, I agree with SS's post about the vid. You should have let someone else edit it for you. Also, a few of the stunts were performed worse then the original.

Offline luli guy

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 04:57:40 PM »
There is no sense on remaking a video with the same feeling/edit/music... But I liked that it was public :ajaja:

Offline Madmax

• Veteran Member
  • Pizzaboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 05:00:46 PM »
Classic video remake.

i saw myself in the video :O

I mainly watched the video to see if you could recreate the epic air/ground grab...teehee. nope :P

Solid video, (obviously)

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 06:11:46 PM »
I don't get the "bitching" from SS. I know you made this vid for fun and that you probably love TOAS and just wanted to recreate the stunts from the vid and you had fun doing so. Therefore, even though it's not as good as the original, it's still a nice watch just to see you doing those stunts and enjoying them. Of course it won't be as good as the original, what the fuck did anyone suspect this would be? But it's still nice to see those stunts done again in one vid and all I can say is, keep it up doing whatever you like.

Also, big lol at 2:53 when Daffy ran off the boat. :P

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 06:15:35 PM »
Bitching? Wow, don't tell me you think negativity is bitching? I just constructively laid out why I didn't like it, and how it could have been better :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal