Author Topic: instrumental hip hop thread  (Read 5252 times)

Offline Radioaktive

• Veteran Member
  • spinning faghorse
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 11:50:20 PM by Mellon »

Offline Sabotage

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: instrumental hip hop thread
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 01:41:45 AM »
sorry killerstunter, my bad
i shouldve specified the request was for good hip hop

seriously man how can you listen to that shit lol

Gangstarr-Above The Clouds
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 01:47:24 AM by SabotagE »

Offline вαℓυ

• Lord of The Underground
  • Veteran Member
  • Killerstunter
    • View Profile
    • http://uk.youtube.com/user/Balujan
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 02:55:27 AM »
Oh well, we all have different interests I guess, right? :P
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 03:08:36 AM by Killerstunter »

Offline Radioaktive

• Veteran Member
  • spinning faghorse
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 10:27:48 PM »
sorry killerstunter, my bad
i shouldve specified the request was for good hip hop

Ohhh you...

Mr Scruff - Bang The Floor
Turn the bass up to 11  ;D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 03:58:45 PM by Mellon »

Offline godson

• Veteran Member
  • zodiac shit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 07:31:34 PM »
THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER.. THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..VTHIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..VVVTHIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THREAD EVER..

Offline blah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.captainplaceholder.com
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 12:31:41 PM »
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 12:34:02 PM by blah »

Offline Sabotage

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 06:51:25 PM »

Offline torekk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • torekk's blog
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 07:18:50 PM »
How comes no one mentioned Non Phixion? I mean, I'm not that much into american hip hop, but sheesh, these beats, incredible.

Non Phixion - Gangsta Rap
Skip to like 1minute, that's where the beat drops in.

Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg - Still Dre
One of the best beats imo.

Also, listen to some german shit :P
Geld oder Liebe - Massive Töne

The song is mostly about how they all started and stuff. One of the "oldschool" hip hop bands, hip hop became big in the early 90's here. Still, this shit is million times better than the stuff these days. Not really my taste though, I'm more into stuff like from Immortal Technique, criticism on the system and such, which you can find mostly in german rap from guys like Kool Savas, Prinz Pi, Dissziplin...

Also, I'd like to know how people act to you when you tell them you listen to rap, here most people got a totally wrong image about rap. They think, that rap has to do with dissing everyone, prolling around how much girls you get or how long your penis is, but they don't see the good sides, because the media fucks it up. People go like "wait, you listen to rap? fuck off faggot" when I tell them, and I mostly have to tell them that they're just fucked by the media and after I showed them some tracks their like "hey, this is exactly my opinion". Too bad not everyone has an open mind...

Oh and they can't seperate the different subgenres of rap, I mean there's battle rap, gangster rap, freestyle... To them, it's all the same. And because the media mostly shows "gangster rap"(ha, most people don't even are gangsters, they never lived on the streets or went to prison), they sum it up as gangster rap is rap in general. Yeah sure, everyone who listens metal is an emo... WTF?

Also, most of these guys think, that you need to wear baggy pants, LA caps and nike shoes to be a real "hopper". Fuck this shit, I do look like a normal guy and listen to rap, who gives a fuck? And I won't buy myself "cool" clothes just to match in somewhere.

Well, but thanks god there's still rappers who keep it real, F.R. as an example or Prinz Pi. Propably not the best examples, only the ones that came to my mind.

Also, don't get me wrong, besides the 2 videos at the beginning of this post, I'm talking about GERMAN rap(I say rap because hip hop isn't a music genre, it's only a word for the whole culture).

tl;dr version of the text under the video links: Most people in germany got a total wrong image of rap, that's due to the media and they also don't even bother taking a look at it. For them, every rapper or even the guys just listening to them are criminals. They smoke weed every day, rape women, proll about how big their penis is and diss other people.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 07:45:56 PM by Torekk »

Offline вαℓυ

• Lord of The Underground
  • Veteran Member
  • Killerstunter
    • View Profile
    • http://uk.youtube.com/user/Balujan
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 09:27:14 AM »
[noembed]Ill Bill ft. Immortal Technique & Max CAVALERA - War is my destiny
Sicknature ft. Slaine - Never say never at all
[/noembed]
---

Torekk, you pretty much summed it up, somewhere along the reason to rap changed into stashing big bucks, anyone these days can become a rapper with any kind of trash, living example: Soulja Boy lol. If people like him really cared for rap instead of thinking about filling their pockets with money, they would rap with dedication. Thankfully dedicated rappers still exist. :P
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 09:40:14 AM by Killerstunter »

Offline godson

• Veteran Member
  • zodiac shit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 10:21:18 PM »
you all should listen to some j dilla beats...  :ajaja:

Frank N Dank - "Okay" [Instrumental] (produced by Jay Dee)

Offline CRYOSPHERE

• alias Guardian
  • Veteran Member
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009, 04:56:56 PM »
Eyedea & Abilities - Glass
Cooler with this vid  :cc_detective:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal