Author Topic: 360 Games  (Read 4804 times)

Offline Cody

• Veteran Member
  • (stormlexer)
    • View Profile
360 Games
« on: November 18, 2008, 07:33:22 AM »
What are some of the best games on/coming out for the Xbox 360?
NO don't post GTA IV. I already know about it.  

I might be getting one for xmas, so I wanna know what games I should run after with xmas cash.

Offline morbidxxx

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
360 Games
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 07:37:55 AM »
Gears of war 2

Offline Lanza

• Tbv <3
    • View Profile
360 Games
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 07:51:02 AM »
GTA IV!

Offline Rod

• View Profile
360 Games
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 09:57:31 AM »
Halo 3 is a must for any xboxer lol. I'd say all Guitar Hero possibles but I know you don't like it rofl. I personally am getting RE5 when it comes out. Also .skate and The Bigs if you like baseball at all. Its a really fun game to play with a friend. FableII looks good but I'm not a real fan of RPGs, you might like it tho. Also COD4, altho I don't really like that, I admit is a good game.

Offline Cody

• Veteran Member
  • (stormlexer)
    • View Profile
360 Games
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 10:32:01 AM »
Quote from: Rod
Halo 3 is a must for any xboxer lol. I'd say all Guitar Hero possibles but I know you don't like it rofl. I personally am getting RE5 when it comes out. Also .skate and The Bigs if you like baseball at all. Its a really fun game to play with a friend. FableII looks good but I'm not a real fan of RPGs, you might like it tho. Also COD4, altho I don't really like that, I admit is a good game.
I'm so getting rock band 2.
Skate looked awesome too.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:32:28 AM by StormLexer »

Offline Rod

• View Profile
360 Games
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 11:56:21 AM »
hum between Rock Band 2 and GHWT I'd say go with GH. The only advantage RB had over GH was tons of DLCs and full band mode. But now GHWT have full band + tons of DLCs, and the drums are a lot more realistic and fun overall (I own both). Also, you have no idea how fun GHTunes is lol. GH is also 10 times easier, so you can play hard songs without getting frustrated
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 11:56:50 AM by Rod »

Offline Lanza

• Tbv <3
    • View Profile
360 Games
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 12:03:33 PM »
Mirrors edge.

Offline Domovla

• Veteran Member
  • HENTWY
    • View Profile
360 Games
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 12:27:18 PM »
Quote from: Lanza
Mirrors edge.
cant wait till the pc version

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
360 Games
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 01:08:07 PM »
I've never seen the appeal of FPS so I won't be looking to get Halo 3. However I have been interested in either Guitar Hero or Rock Band, something a bit 'different' to play. I should also invest in Xbox Live as I have games like skate, FIFA 09 and GTAIV already but without online play it gets a bit old. I got a feeling skate would be a ton of fun with online play

Offline kr3mlin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://neoretrofilms.blogspot.com
360 Games
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 01:57:21 PM »
EndWar is a good strategy game. It you are into RPGs then Fable 2 and Fallout 3 have just come out. As far as budget games go I would recommend Hitman Blood Money, Mass Effect or Skate (they might be a bit cheaper than the new releases)

Offline Cody

• Veteran Member
  • (stormlexer)
    • View Profile
360 Games
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 04:12:44 PM »
Quote from: Rod
hum between Rock Band 2 and GHWT I'd say go with GH. The only advantage RB had over GH was tons of DLCs and full band mode. But now GHWT have full band + tons of DLCs, and the drums are a lot more realistic and fun overall (I own both). Also, you have no idea how fun GHTunes is lol. GH is also 10 times easier, so you can play hard songs without getting frustrated
Guitar hero was gay for robbing rock band's idea imo. >_>

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
360 Games
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 04:15:46 PM »
Storm...that's like saying Pro Evolution is gay for robbing FIFA's idea, or (insert various other alternatives here - things like Sega's Sonic to Nintendo's Mario, and whatnot).

There is always going to be competition and rivals when it comes to certain gaming genres. It's the way it is, there needs to be competition. On a side note TMS ridiculed me when I mentioned I was interested in getting 'Guitar Hero', which was just mean

Offline Cody

• Veteran Member
  • (stormlexer)
    • View Profile
360 Games
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 04:18:43 PM »
Quote from: Kingjad
Storm...that's like saying Pro Evolution is gay for robbing FIFA's idea, or (insert various other alternatives here - things like Sega's Sonic to Nintendo's Mario, and whatnot).

There is always going to be competition and rivals when it comes to certain gaming genres. It's the way it is, there needs to be competition. On a side note TMS ridiculed me when I mentioned I was interested in getting 'Guitar Hero', which was just mean
No, I mean, guitar hero was original. So why did they have to go and copy someone?
Doesn't matter anyway. Rockband has the lower buttons, which would be MUCH easyer for me since I find myself actually trying to do shit on a real guitar with a guitar hero controler.

Offline blah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.captainplaceholder.com
360 Games
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 05:39:42 PM »
Kingjad already said it, but fifa '09 kicks ass.

The reason I say that is because the xbox doesn't have any good 4 player co op games (offline).  fifa is one of the only one's as you can play 4 people on the same team.  Even the people who claimed to hate soccer ended up playing just because it really is a good game.

I would steer clear of halo...  It's a bit overrated.  Why play an FPS on a console when you can play it with a mouse and keyboard on a PC?

If you've played the first Fable you'll be disappointed with fable 2.

Fallout 3 is awesome, but single player.

Skate's pretty good.  A bit frustrating if you're not willing to put time into it.  (might want to wait for skate 2)

that's all i can think of.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 05:41:28 PM by blah »

Offline BumsNudl

• Inactive
    • View Profile
360 Games
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 11:04:31 PM »
Quote from: Domovla
Quote from: Lanza
Mirrors edge.
cant wait till the pc version
x2