Author Topic: Girls always give me inspiration  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Eric

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Girls always give me inspiration
« on: November 03, 2008, 10:20:34 AM »
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Eric+666/

Listen to the first one called A Moment Of Solitude, its an instrumental I wrote, its just clean/chorused guitar and a bunch of chords, but I'm really proud of it. Check it out and gimme some crit on it.

Offline Shifftee

• Shiff
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 10:36:37 AM »
I really love it!
Peaceful piece.  Good Job Eric!

Offline ofthemountain

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 10:37:28 AM »
Good work man  I liked the introduction and the part at about 1:10, come nice chords strung together to make an interesting mix. I think there was a definite beginning, middle and end but the transitions between phases could have been better, you kinda lost the thread of the song before getting back to it a couple of times. The ending major key change was really nice and reverting back to the starting motif right at the end was a great touch two. You used a pretty nice range in your arpeggios but it would be nice to have a few chords in there as well ya know, just to mix things up a bit. The tone was interesting, sometimes I thought it worked, sometimes I didn't like it so much, maybe something a tad cleaner would benefit the piece but the general sound of it was definitely the right idea, blended it all together really nicely. One more thing, some rhythm changes would also mix it up a bit.

I think it's a really positive start to something which could be really awesome, you should definitely go back and refine it some time as there were some things which really stood out but some that weren't so good. Awesome to see people being artistic and creative around here though

Offline Neotec

•  
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 10:48:16 AM »
nice one ! Neotec <3 this

Offline Eric

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 10:49:17 AM »
Quote from: ofthemountain
Good work man  I liked the introduction and the part at about 1:10, come nice chords strung together to make an interesting mix. I think there was a definite beginning, middle and end but the transitions between phases could have been better, you kinda lost the thread of the song before getting back to it a couple of times. The ending major key change was really nice and reverting back to the starting motif right at the end was a great touch two. You used a pretty nice range in your arpeggios but it would be nice to have a few chords in there as well ya know, just to mix things up a bit. The tone was interesting, sometimes I thought it worked, sometimes I didn't like it so much, maybe something a tad cleaner would benefit the piece but the general sound of it was definitely the right idea, blended it all together really nicely. One more thing, some rhythm changes would also mix it up a bit.

I think it's a really positive start to something which could be really awesome, you should definitely go back and refine it some time as there were some things which really stood out but some that weren't so good. Awesome to see people being artistic and creative around here though

Thanks for the crit guys, I actually wanted to do the whole thing arpeggiated because I thought it would be nicer, but I got bored in the middle and did a few chords here and there. I always get distracted or something during recording, everything to me unless its pre-written or a re-record, its always an improv, I can not do that song exactly the same again, just because of my improvisational nature, I was thinking of adding drums and maybe some leads, but I think its nice the way it is.

Offline ofthemountain

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 10:52:13 AM »
I know exactly how you feel man, sometimes I get a really good idea but I never have the discipline to stick to it, I always wander off it. What you just said was actually oddly similar to me

Offline Sear

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 11:05:13 AM »
Really nice stuff, nice, peaceful track. I like it!

Offline BumsNudl

• Inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 11:30:27 PM »
pretty nice track man!

Offline Eric

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 05:15:25 AM »
thanks for the crits guys, I really appreciate it

Offline Cody

• Veteran Member
  • (stormlexer)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 05:34:07 AM »
Was awesome. Something I could see myself listening to when i'm tired or after a day of doing work.

Offline Eric

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 07:34:15 AM »
haha, thanks storm, thanks for the comments and crit guys

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 09:06:50 AM »
awesome man. There should be like, a GTAS album or something  You, Raskal, Nightkid has a band, Ofthemountain I think...

it'd be tite

Offline Eric

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 04:42:52 AM »
Quote from: Sweet
awesome man. There should be like, a GTAS album or something  You, Raskal, Nightkid has a band, Ofthemountain I think...

it'd be tite

You should hear the distorted stuff I got cookin' haha, those aren't ready to be released yet, but I have an EP coming soon, but that's whenever I finish it  

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal