Author Topic: Some help with laptop.. :x  (Read 1025 times)

Offline GT-7

• Old fart from the past
    • View Profile
Some help with laptop.. :x
« on: July 05, 2008, 05:47:17 AM »
Yeh. In these few days our laptop have been acting weirdly. It have been sometimes lagging so much we have needed to reboot it. And sometimes it tells that it have needed to shut down some resourcecontrol programs by Microsoft to avoid viruses etc. But after that it tells that it needs to shut down the explorer.exe, and ofcourse it shuts down and boots. I've been trying to do system restoration but couldn't succeed in it. Also I've made a virus scan and found some troijans but I removed them and the problem still accrues. So what to do? So I need your help. I don't want that this laptop fucks up when get a new PC. :x

If you want you can read more about "Data execute block" or w/e it's called at the Window's own helpservice. And fuck my english sucks when I have something important to say and no time. :x
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 06:03:03 AM by GT-7 »

Offline Herrarge

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 06:23:48 AM »
My Laptop started lagging like hell when it got too hot. Mine was pretty dirty in the (uhm the thing that gets cool air in the laptop) ^^. Just try to clean it.

Offline GT-7

• Old fart from the past
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 07:25:34 AM »
I got fan controller on our laptop and it's always at max. And blew some air to the fan's intake so hopefully everything will be fine..  May be that lifting the laptop and giving it more space would help.

Edit: Putted some book under the laptop to lift it up, and already it's blowing like 10 degrees cooler air. =D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 07:31:11 AM by GT-7 »

Offline Herrarge

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 08:26:42 AM »
Quote from: GT-7
I got fan controller on our laptop and it's always at max. And blew some air to the fan's intake so hopefully everything will be fine..  May be that lifting the laptop and giving it more space would help.

Edit: Putted some book under the laptop to lift it up, and already it's blowing like 10 degrees cooler air. =D

ahh forgot to say this  I did it, too. btw don't blow in your cooler (or however it is called) when your laptop is turned on xD I did it and it almost burned lolz

Offline GT-7

• Old fart from the past
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 09:29:28 AM »
Burned? Cooler? FTW?

Edit: Happened again. Only thing I can do while the lag is to open Task Manager, nothing else.  The coolers intake ain't blocked and it ain't even blowing hot air.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 09:40:32 AM by GT-7 »

Offline Firefly

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://firefly2347.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 10:17:29 AM »
I highly doubt it's a heat related issue. I had some very similar problems a while ago on my laptop. It would lag and tell me that windows had to close explorer.exe for safety reasons or whatever, and just acted weird in general. I have no idea what caused it, the only explanation I could think of was a virus but a scan revealed nothing in my case. Unfortunately the only solution that worked for me was a reformat.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 10:20:06 AM by firefly »

Offline GT-7

• Old fart from the past
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 10:38:16 AM »
Well unfortenaly I don't have reformat cd for laptop. Lets hope that the laptop keeps cool and this problem nomore appears. :x

Offline GT-7

• Old fart from the past
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 12:14:23 AM »
Well the problem still recurs and I can't reformat.  I have lifted the laptop so the cooler should get air. Or the laptop just generates too much heat.

Offline Firefly

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://firefly2347.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 03:52:21 AM »
It's probably not heat related. If it was overheating, the processor would throttle i.e. scale down the processing power to reduce heat output, or in the case of a severe overheat, shut down. Throttling could cause some lag but none of the other problems you mentioned. Laptops generally cope pretty well with heat, so it's unlikely it's overheating unless it's so hot you can't touch it.

As I said earlier, I don't know what could be causing it so I'm not really helpful. Sorry

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal