Author Topic: [MTS] Docta Luv  (Read 2966 times)

Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
[MTS] Docta Luv
« on: December 02, 2007, 02:00:20 AM »
Docta Luv

When you joined DSU what was it like and what effect did the merge with ATS have on you? (Knapman)

Joining DSU was one of the most exciting times in my career.  I was looking to move on to a more active situation where I could really put out some stunts.  I was having a conversation with KiD_A when he brought up the possibility of starting a crew with Aries, who had just left TMS (if I remember right).  After we got Dannye and Gnat in there, we were set.  We put out One Mind, which did very well, and we were riding high.  And then we began the merger talks.  Of course, I never had any doubts in my mind that joining ATS would be a good idea, but I was a little anxious about how it would go over with the community.  After the initial rush of “Holy shit, I’m in ATS!” wore off, real life got in the way and I was unable to be in “The Awakening,” which is probably my biggest regret.  But to specifically answer the second part of the question, the effect the merge had on me was it kicked my ass back into gear and got me excited about stunting again.

If ATS stop making videos, would you want to reform DSU? Do you have any regrets about the merge? (ofthemountain)

That’s a good question…I guess I would just as soon leave DSU in the past and not try to reform it.  I wouldn’t be against, not by any means.  Hell, if asked to join again, I might go for it.  It’s just that if DSU is reformed, I won’t be the one leading the charge  

As to the merge, no, I have no regrets other than what I said earlier about being unable to participate in “The Awakening.”  I think the merger did nothing but good for all of those who were involved.

Is there any stunt video you wish you could do a sequel of? And why? (godson)

I have two videos that I would love to do sequels of.  The first video is Blind.  Not many people know about this video, but it was a very good video with a lot of stuff that was ahead of its time in terms of editing and stunts.  I’d like to stunt with the group in that video again, which is the main reason I’d sequel it.  We had Torque, Daffy, Fugitive, NotTheFace, and me.  It was a fun bunch.

The second video I’d sequel is Attrition.  This video still remains one of my favorites to this day, simply because of the amazing people in it.  I would love to do another video with the likes of Brainkiller, KiD_A, Misguided Angel, Insane, and NightKid.  

You've been in three of the most influential crews of ampt.tk and later on - GTAStunting; vERt, DSU and ATS. What quality does each crew possess (in your eyes) that the other two don't? (Torque)

That’s a tough one, because these three crews really had a lot in common.  They all had great people, they all had great attitudes towards stunting, and they all had both KiD_A and me as members   But anyway, I’ll start with Vert.

I think that in Vert, more than in any other crew, there was a real laid-back relaxed atmosphere.  We didn’t care if the next vid took two weeks or two years, we’d put it out when we damn well felt like it  

DSU had a real upstart feeling to it.  We were on a mission, we had something to prove, we had goals.  It was really cool.

ATS is the tricky one.  In many ways, ATS is similar to Vert because of when it started and the kind of stunters in it.  Also, since many of the ATS members today were DSU members, ATS in my experience is also quite a bit like DSU.  But one thing that sets ATS apart I think is the sheer variety of the people and abilities.  We have young (I’m 16, and I think KiD_A might be even younger) and we have old (do I even need to say who? )  We also have stunters with a variety of “specialties.”  Neo, Kaneda, and Dannye are really good with taxis as well as with PCJ’s, I’d consider myself to be more of a car, boat and tank stunter nowadays, Aries and Nitz can do damn near anything, Madmax has his pizzaboy, Nagual and Samurai have absolutely insane creativity, and the list goes on and on.  So for ATS, I’d say the diversity sets us apart from my past crews.

If there was one person's specific stunting ability you wished you could possess, what would it be and why? (i.e. Neo's taxi boosting skill) (NoAPOlogies)

I’m going to use your example, NoAP, because I’ve always been fascinated by taxi stunts.  While I love technical stunts, they’re really not my specialty…I don’t have quite the finesse (or the temperament sometimes ) to go for them too often.  I love the big air stunts, and you pretty much don’t get any bigger air then you do when you hit the perfect taxi boost.  Tank stunts can get you pretty high and pretty far, but nothing near the heights that people reach doing taxi stunts.  Also, I think there’s something that’s just cool about being able to jump from one island to the next, given the right spot

How do you feel knowing that there are modders getting away with modding? (VenomX)

Back when the “modding craze” started, I would get all riled up about it, and I’d bitch about how unfair it is and all that, but now I just can’t seem to make myself care too much about the modding situation.  I think it’s terrible the way that people get harassed if they’re suspected of modding.  Even worse is when they come clean, start new, and nobody gives them the benefit of the doubt.  It’s just sad to see the community gang up on a stunter who made a mistake once and then cause him to leave the community.  What really made me stop getting all pissed about modding was seeing SS leave the site because there was just nothing in the world that would stop people from ripping on the guy.  It’s bullshit.  So really, I get more pissed off at the people who can’t move on than the people who mod in the first place.

With who would you want to make a video? (BoBsaget)

I’d always be willing to do a collab with anyone who I’ve been in a video with before.  But as for those who I haven’t had the opportunity to stunt with yet, I think it’d be cool to do a video with Kingjad, Kr3mlin, and Brulla.  I think these three would be cool specifically because their stunting isn’t quite “mainstream typical style”.  They have their own original style, and they’re all quite awesome in my opinion.

What do you do if you don't land a stunt many times in a row, and you feel that you won't land it today? (DarkPhoenix)

If there’s a stunt that I really like, and it’s fun to do, and I know that I can get it, I’ll just keep at it until I get it.  If I try it for three hours and don’t get it, I’ll take a break for a while, then come back and hit it again.  The only time I’ll give up on a stunt is if in the middle of me trying to do it, somebody else lands it, or if I just stop liking the stunt, which doesn’t happen too often.

Offline hachi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[MTS] Docta Luv
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 02:09:17 AM »
good questions, nice answers.

Nice Interview

Offline Darkyy

• Veteran Member
  • Unionized since 2008
    • View Profile
[MTS] Docta Luv
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 02:10:30 AM »
Good read, thanks for taking the time to do it Xtramus and your time to respond also Docta Luc. Even though I was awaiting for some more questions, seeing of the question round.

Offline Paxton

• View Profile
    • http://
[MTS] Docta Luv
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 02:14:55 AM »
It was an enjoyable read, well done with this interview.

Offline NuclearDeath

• TMS Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[MTS] Docta Luv
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 05:44:16 AM »
There are complet answers for pertinant questions. That was enjoyable to read thanks.

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
[MTS] Docta Luv
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 05:47:16 AM »
Nice one. There should be more interviews  There are like 1interview per month now :/

Offline Brainkiller

• Narkissos
  • Veteran Member
  • Twisted Metal Stunters
    • View Profile
[MTS] Docta Luv
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 06:30:59 AM »
;D Nice iView

Just re-downloaded Attrition, brings back nice memories
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 06:39:16 AM by Brainkiller »

Bloodware

[MTS] Docta Luv
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 07:26:15 AM »
Awesome interview. Nice read and it's always cool to get some more information about a great stunter

Offline Tackleberry

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[MTS] Docta Luv
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 08:31:14 AM »
Nice, fun to read.

Offline ofthemountain

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[MTS] Docta Luv
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 10:14:40 AM »
Great questions and answers, interesting stuff.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
[MTS] Docta Luv
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 02:06:49 PM »
I don't have any style, this is why I always wear pyjamas.

Good interview.

Offline Docta Luv

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[MTS] Docta Luv
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 12:38:47 PM »
Sorry for the "mega bump"-ish, but I never really thanked everybody for their comments, so thanks!

Also, I thank X for giving me the opportunity to be interviewed, it was pretty to cool to sit and think back to the beginning.

Offline Aeneon

• View Profile
[MTS] Docta Luv
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 12:45:29 PM »
I'm going to take the chance to ask you a question now =P:

Who made your player skin? It's awesome, I Dunno how I Have it though.

Offline Docta Luv

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[MTS] Docta Luv
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 12:49:26 PM »
Torque made it for me

Offline Aeneon

• View Profile
[MTS] Docta Luv
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 12:52:13 PM »