Author Topic: Ask ATS  (Read 324271 times)

Offline kaneda

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Re: Ask ATS
« Reply #2310 on: March 26, 2010, 09:40:58 PM »
Emptied the inbox out. I had messages in there from 2004! PM away.

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #2311 on: March 27, 2010, 01:47:43 AM »
Anyone else think Chris and his car troubles is ironic?

:lol:

Also, why did you all release Elemental and alternative within 3 days of eachother?
and to Kaneda, were you actually trying to land the best boosting stunt ever (alternative@3:30) or were you just trying to land the otherside of the watergap?  :euro:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 01:50:09 AM by Rainbow »

Offline kaneda

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: March 27, 2010, 02:00:40 AM »
Nitz was so busy that Elemental was actually a LONG time in the making. Elemental was just a vid that the four of us (Neo, Knap, Aries & myself) did and it happened to be released right alongside Elemental. There wasn't anything connecting the two vids...only coincidence.

I was trying for it - hence the Borgnine instead of a Taxi. I tried it with a Taxi hoping for one of those climbs that drags you backward up the wall...but that was too hit and miss. The Borgnine allowed me to approached the wall in the better direction. I had a tonne of reps of near misses - two of which were landings on the crossbar on my fucking roof. Neo can attest to this - he spent countless hours on Skype with me listening to my maniacal frustration with the endless precession of near misses I had.

I knew if I persisted that eventually I'd luck out, although I thought I had no hope of one of the upright posts. I even got the boost method fine-tuned to the point where I could impact so hard on the rim of the roof that I'd get the distance needed (turn away from the wall and hold the handbrake while boosting - don't ask me why that worked, it just did).

Funny you should mention the water gap though...I did get it once with the Borgnine trying for the bridge arch.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 02:02:48 AM by kaneda »

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #2313 on: March 27, 2010, 10:13:21 AM »
Didnt expect a that long story but thanks  :) I tried to re-land it and came close a few times, but precing that isnt going to happen for me  :neen: ow and thanks for the talk about persistence.. maybe I should dust of my old spots and make them happen.. since persistence never worked for me this far  :(

Offline Joshua

• Veteran Member
  • METHOD, Milbridge, JDizzle, blablabla
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: March 27, 2010, 07:48:12 PM »
NEO AND KANEDA. MAKE SUM MORE NEO AND KAN SHOW STUFF ER SUMTIN. It'd be quite enjoyable to see you guys goofing around and stuff.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2315 on: March 27, 2010, 08:46:10 PM »
Stuff it :P

Neo's penis is falling off due to old age and Kan's busy attempting to find Darkness to make Off Duty 3 even if he has to duct-tape Dark's butt-cheeks to the seat. Appreciate what's been given, and never demand anything you're not entitled to receive in the first place.

With that said - any projects on the go from anyone? Know Neo's usually dabbling with something or other, but would be interested knowing if any others in the crew are also plotting something.

EDIT: Haha, I spelled it 'duck-tape'!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 11:11:04 PM by Kingjad »

Offline Joshua

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: March 27, 2010, 09:57:32 PM »

Neo's penis is falling off due to old age and Kan's busy attempting to find Darkness to make Off Duty 3 even if he has to duck-tape Dark's butt-cheeks to the seat.

Again...Wha..What?

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Board Mods
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: March 28, 2010, 10:09:21 AM »

Neo's penis is falling off due to old age
:o you fat bastard! :lol:

Offline Brulla

• Board Mods
  • Chris
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: March 28, 2010, 01:58:24 PM »
Brulla: What made you start stunting in cars, and pretty much only stunting in them?

Well first I started to play around with them because they were quite rare to see in stunt vids. I found stunting with them so fun and there were so many spots and new things people hadn't explored, so I just decided to stick to them and let other folks cover the traditional bike and taxi stunts. It was exciting to offer different kind of stunts for videos.

What is the greatest stunt you have ever succeeded in?

Hmm... I can think of two stunts I got really excited about landing. The hotring bump to bonk roofing in Diversus (3:16 - Diversus) - it's not a big stunt but I felt really good about landing a stunt with that kind of a look. And the other one is the finisher of Lagoon, the lighthouse stunt. I always wanted to see someone land somehow on that ledge and just one day it hit me how to do it in atleast somewhat interesting way.

P.S. I was wrong about my reps Sheikah, looks like I still have most of them. Not sure if the oldest work though, I vaguely remember losing some in a format a few years back and some of them didn't work after restoring them... But yeah, I'm not planning on doing a best of. Not myself anyway.  ;D

EDIT: Stupid youtube posted the window instead of a link. :(

Online Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: March 28, 2010, 02:35:31 PM »
Brulla: What made you start stunting in cars, and pretty much only stunting in them?

Well first I started to play around with them because they were quite rare to see in stunt vids. I found stunting with them so fun and there were so many spots and new things people hadn't explored, so I just decided to stick to them and let other folks cover the traditional bike and taxi stunts. It was exciting to offer different kind of stunts for videos.

What is the greatest stunt you have ever succeeded in?

Hmm... I can think of two stunts I got really excited about landing. The hotring bump to bonk roofing in Diversus (3:16 - Diversus) - it's not a big stunt but I felt really good about landing a stunt with that kind of a look. And the other one is the finisher of Lagoon, the lighthouse stunt. I always wanted to see someone land somehow on that ledge and just one day it hit me how to do it in atleast somewhat interesting way.

P.S. I was wrong about my reps Sheikah, looks like I still have most of them. Not sure if the oldest work though, I vaguely remember losing some in a format a few years back and some of them didn't work after restoring them... But yeah, I'm not planning on doing a best of. Not myself anyway.  ;D

EDIT: Stupid youtube posted the window instead of a link. :(
Get someone to do it for you then.  :ajaja:

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: March 28, 2010, 05:04:37 PM »
OFFtopic: WHY THE FUCK EVERY SSU MEMBER GOT A BAR EXCEPT ME

Kan, when are you going online on skype? :rolleyes:

Offline kaneda

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: March 29, 2010, 11:48:01 PM »
I'll try to jump on at some point over the Easter weekend. Yey...four days!!

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: March 30, 2010, 01:19:51 PM »
Crap, i'll be traveling :P

Offline Joshua

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: March 30, 2010, 03:24:38 PM »
How old is Kaneda?

Offline kaneda

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: March 30, 2010, 11:53:00 PM »
Well in Akira (released 1988), he's 16. So by now, I guess he'd be...38? Oh wait...Akira was set in 2019, so...*deduct the difference*....*carry the 1*...he'd be 7! Oooo....cosmic.

I'm 37 though...if anyone was interested.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal