Author Topic: Ask ATS  (Read 324310 times)

Offline Rok

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ask ATS
« Reply #2895 on: July 23, 2011, 02:24:51 AM »
kaneda do you watch cricket? :P

Offline kaneda

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #2896 on: July 24, 2011, 02:13:44 AM »
I don't know that anybody 'watches' cricket, as much as they endure cricket. Damn shit goes for 5 days! I may watch the odd 20/20 match if there's nothing good on the tube, but I don't go out of my way to watch it. I gave up on Test Matches all together...a man needs the patience of Jobe to sit through one of those snooze fests. 20/20s on the other hand can be a good watch - every fucker just tries to slog the shit out of the ball.

Offline Rok

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: July 24, 2011, 03:32:09 AM »
Now they are trying to introduce "timeless tests" as well and it can be dragged around 8-9 days lol. Anyway Australia is coming here next month for an ODI series. Hope we win  :a-cheer:

Offline TiagoPT

• I am beginner who overuses CSM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: July 28, 2011, 06:33:53 AM »
Why don't you guys participate on the community vids?

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2899 on: July 28, 2011, 04:45:49 PM »
Neo was in the last one!

Offline Cooper

• Veteran Member
  • fumo porro meto drop bump
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: July 28, 2011, 04:46:36 PM »
yeah baby :P

Offline kaneda

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: July 28, 2011, 11:19:55 PM »
For me the community vids have lost their appeal. They're no longer a reflection of the community and have become more about over-inflated egos wanting to outdo the last community vid. Also they've become needlessly over-complicated in order to make them seem more important than they actually are. I'm not gonna get into the whole aspect of replay checkers again, but that's the kind of over-complication I'm hinting at. 

I was disappointed to miss Yeah Baby (the last true community vid), but I had other priorities when that was in the works.

Offline TiagoPT

• I am beginner who overuses CSM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: July 29, 2011, 02:23:54 AM »
not to be disrespectful but that kind of atitude only makes it worse, i mean if the Veterans dont participate on the comm vids, they would all lose the meaning to exist

Offline Brulla

• Board Mods
  • Chris
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: July 29, 2011, 02:35:51 AM »
For me the community vids have lost their appeal. They're no longer a reflection of the community and have become more about over-inflated egos wanting to outdo the last community vid. Also they've become needlessly over-complicated in order to make them seem more important than they actually are. I'm not gonna get into the whole aspect of replay checkers again, but that's the kind of over-complication I'm hinting at.

This, unfortunately. Also the fact that some of us didn't usually have stunts to spare to other than crew projects.

Offline Dimension

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: July 29, 2011, 03:52:18 AM »
What are your goals for the next time?

Offline kaneda

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: July 29, 2011, 06:37:10 AM »
not to be disrespectful but that kind of atitude only makes it worse, i mean if the Veterans dont participate on the comm vids, they would all lose the meaning to exist

I can understand what you mean, but I tend to disagree. Community vids represent the community at the time they're made. Veterans shouldn't have the burden of obligation placed on them simply because they're veterans. If anything, newer members of the community should be the ones most eager to contribute. It's nice when vets do contribute, of course. But a lot of vets have moved on, have other priorities or for whatever other reason simply don't have the time or inclination to contribute to community vids - especially when the bar gets set too high by vid organisers. Not all vets have 10-20 hours to throw away on a stunt just to make sure it's up to snuff. And if they did, they'd most likely earmark a stunt of that quality to a future crew vid.

I don't think anyone should be obliged to contribute. Rather, I think anyone who contributes should expect to see their stunt in the vid - veterans and newcomers alike.

Offline Samurai

• ATS Crew
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: July 29, 2011, 06:44:09 AM »
Why don't you guys participate on the community vids?

Well when i was very active, I edited Connected, and participated in Yeah Baby. Since then I really haven't been around the scene/stunting all that much til recently.....

For me the community vids have lost their appeal. They're no longer a reflection of the community and have become more about over-inflated egos wanting to outdo the last community vid.........

I don't know, since getting back here from a hiatus, the place just has a different vibe. Its still got great people and great stunters but in general, i just see a general pettiness that seems to show up all over the place. As much as I ignore and carry on, you can't help but smell the bullshit drama, here and there.

I suppose its like a society that has abundant resources of life...water, food, shelter (STUNTS) and then those resources dissipate.....i've often heard the analogy.....VC...LC.....is dried up.....Its like there aren't enough new stunts to go around. so ppl lose their civility :lol:

I just don't have alot of free time to stunt as I once did.

GET OUT! JK  :lol:

I dont' think thats true, community vids imo are for all stunters new and old. Also, there are tons of "vets" now these days, so I think you still have a fair share in there....i would think. On the last look, i saw there were already 33 stunts, so that'sl alot of activity. "vets" not sure exactly what specificity you're exactly targeting, but imo its not about vets or newbies....its just about a collective group that think stunting is cool, fun, interesting......all varying...even there are some ones that get very competitive about it.........all in the end...its about enjoyment in stunting in some mean.

And while i posted, Kaneda did too......I feel the same ^^^

What are your goals for the next time?

Next time? To remember to add the eggs to the cake mix...

« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 07:06:57 AM by Samurai »

Offline Raskal

• Furniture Cadet
  • Veteran Member
  • I like stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: July 29, 2011, 10:01:10 AM »
Not that this is the place to post this.... But I find you ATS members as inspiration. I can't speak for others but I know personally that if you guys were taking part in a stunt video that I was in, (The Community Video), I'd try to give more effort into landing something great. I don't know, that's just me though.

Have you guys been working on any mods/tools?

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Board Mods
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: July 29, 2011, 11:01:00 AM »
Neo was in the last one!
Bullshit! I wanna see the proof  :jajaja:

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2909 on: July 29, 2011, 11:59:11 AM »
*thinks.....*

OH YEAH, you were in beta but you requested it to be removed. I'd forgotten that.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal