Author Topic: Evolve Teamtage #3 "Evolution"  (Read 3620 times)

Offline Outlaw Penguin

• Evolve Stunting
  • Stunting since October 2013 - Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
Evolve Teamtage #3 "Evolution"
« on: January 26, 2015, 09:37:22 AM »
Evolve Stunting Teamtage: Evolution - A GTA V Stunt Montage

Hello everyone on GTAS! This is Evolve Stunting's new teamtage. I hope everyone enjoys, and feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Evolve Teamtage #3 "Evolution"
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 09:54:47 AM »
Awesome video, great editing too, Nomad needs to get active and step it up :cheernutz:. LobbinTomaSpork's Thrust wallride to crane was sick, as was Cartman's triple grind; they owned the video for me. However, somebody in the crew stole a stunt of mine from the SUPERNUVA skype chat, and completely lamed it. They know exactly who they are, but fuck it. Aside from that, this video was insane! :)

Offline Outlaw Penguin

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 09:59:19 AM »
. However, somebody in the crew stole a stunt of mine from the SUPERNUVA skype chat, and completely lamed it. They know exactly who they are, but fuck it. Aside from that, this video was insane! :)

Ah RIP man I think I know who it is. I didn't even remember that you posted that stunt in there. If i did. I probably wouldn't have used it. When is your solo :3 im dying to know

Offline Gryzlek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 10:19:18 AM »
The stunt at 0:51 is a good example of everything that's wrong with stunting in GTA 5. The guy failed to get a decent bump, didn't get enough height nor the proper angle yet he managed to "fix" it all with gliding and the weird wallride physics and ended up landing the tower anyway.

Offline Outlaw Penguin

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 10:22:35 AM »
The stunt at 0:51 is a good example of everything that's wrong with stunting in GTA 5. The guy failed to get a decent bump, didn't get enough height nor the proper angle yet he managed to "fix" it all with gliding and the weird wallride physics and ended up landing the tower anyway.

Either way its apart of the game and the physics :P Just because it's like that, doesn't mean it was easy.

Offline Afterlife

• Afterlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 11:14:05 AM »
Damn! That was pretty damn epic guys. You're getting better and better as a crew. GJ with the edit OP. My favorite stunts were Cartman' sanchez triple grind, Mask's double bump to bridge top, Lobbintomaspork's crane landing, Chillz bike wallride (complete it next time) and obviously that finisher (top next time). Anyways, almost everyone got some great stuff here, even tho there's a couple fillers.

Offline Raffal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 11:43:30 AM »
Good video. Daichi and OP were my favs, nice precs and  Hakuchou stunts gg. The music was okay. But, too many stunts with too many vehicles and planes "stunts" like at 1:49 and 4:55 Were not my taste..  anyway,  Nice to see GTA V teamtage Gl.  :a-cheer:

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 12:31:02 PM »
I agree with Gryzlek, it's pretty fucked that you can change the angle of your jump mid-air. As I've said before I hope there will be videos that focus more on how good stunts look instead of how impressive they are. I don't really enjoy watching the airtime in this game, the whole gliding thing just looks really fucked imo. I don't know how to make a constructive comment, you guys are not at fault for me not liking the physics of the game.

Some of these stunts were awesome, others I didn't really enjoy even though I'll bet they were hard as fuck to land.

I'd love to see more: combos, flips/spin, grinds, varied use of vehicles, innovative stuff (like the sliding under the trailers, that may have been my favorite stunt), plane stunts and other funky aerial tricks (like landing a plane on a plane, parachuting onto a plane. great stuff)

I'd love to see less: gliding and long airtime (goes for cars too).

Personally I'd rather watch an unimpressive, yet visually pleasing stunt, than a very impressive ugly-as-fuck one.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 12:50:00 PM »
Mountain bike / bmx stunts rocked. That half assed grind 2 smoke blunt was amazing lol

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 01:21:49 PM »
It is videos like this that make me ask myself if I actually want to stunt in V. Also its almost hilarious that you can't guess what will be landed by seeing the bump alone.

Offline JBBARZ

• Evolve Stunting
  • Evolve Stunting Founder
    • View Profile
    • Evolve Stunting
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 02:57:23 PM »
Thanks for the comments and feedback so far, negative and positive.

It is videos like this that make me ask myself if I actually want to stunt in V. Also its almost hilarious that you can't guess what will be landed by seeing the bump alone.

Sure, you may as well try GTA V stunting when you can, to at least have a well informed, first hand opinion and view on it. Everyone knows the motorbike physics etc are completely different to older GTAs but that doesn't make it wrong, its just different. You can still have just as much fun stunting and pulling off equally 'impressive' stunts in the context of GTA V. :P

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 03:04:34 PM »
You can't guess what will be landed by seeing the bump alone.

You can, you just have to understand the physics of the game (much like VC/SA/IV). Gliding is totally consistent/predictable, and it has its limits. Much can be said for many of the criticisms that can be leveled at GTA V stunting. Each GTA game has its own facets of exploitation which can be used to ruin stunts (ground grabs, monkey landings, stuck grinds, ugly runups, etc); it is the responsibility of the stunter to do things properly (if they so choose).

With that said, if I could offer any of my own constructive criticism, it would be that simply landing on a huge building isn't that impressive, given the gliding physics of the game. It's better when you can land a precision at the end of a bump, much like the majority of Mask's stunts :P.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 03:12:25 PM by VaNilla »

Offline foresttravesty

• Evolve Stunting
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VId6eO36Kuc
    • View Profile
    • StuntinNotFrontin Productions
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 03:22:17 PM »
yeah i'm super impressed with the technical stuff. that cartman slide under the trailers at the end....PHEW. i think that rewrote some rules right there.

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
  • Foresttravesty has a poor taste in music.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 05:44:33 PM »
When I saw the slide under the trailers I was like "Fuck yea, that was sweet" but I was also like "Fuck no, I've been trying to land a similar stunt for ages thinking I'd be breaking some ground." GG, beat me to it lol.

That Sanchez grind was awesome by the way, I've never seen that before.

Offline Madmax

• Veteran Member
  • Pizzaboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 10:06:47 PM »
Very awesome.
I liked that you guys used many different vehicles. The wide variety keeps you guessing what's coming next. Adds a little suspense which is always great.
I also liked the variety is stunts. Not only did you hit all the basics (bumps, grinds, wallrides .etc) but you also tried different new things. People have already mentioned it a few times but the slide under the trailers was really sick. Stuff like that really opens doors up for new stuff. It's given me a few ideas. The BMX wallride was also really great. I like precision stunts which aren't "just" landing on a small surface.

The only place where I was a little unsure was the stunts where several people were involved. Some of them didn't seem all that great but were merely there because it took several people to do. Of course, I am still stuck in my old Vice City stunting ways and so having multiple people performing a stunt is still very new to me. I'm not really sure how I feel about those yet.

Overall, I think this video will pave the way for some future videos. It shows off the traditional stuff but definitely tries  to innovate. Great stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal