Author Topic: LAGS  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Joshua

• Veteran Member
  • METHOD, Milbridge, JDizzle, blablabla
    • View Profile
Re: LAGS
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 02:47:40 PM »
You think your lag is bad? It took jesus three days to respawn.

:drum:
hehehe.

Offline вαℓυ

• Lord of The Underground
  • Veteran Member
  • Killerstunter
    • View Profile
    • http://uk.youtube.com/user/Balujan
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2010, 02:54:16 PM »
Hey you got a celeron :P That's almost ancient enough to sell it on ebay for a thousand bucks. Anyways. Your CPU seems to be overheating. Whenever someones game starts to lag after a few minutes then its overheating. The rated max. temp for your CPU is at 65°C, it shouldnt go over that. As you can see it has already hit 64°C. When the CPU reaches that temperature, it throttles (e.g. downclocks itself to prevent damage). Your CPU basically looses speed and your game starts to lag due to lag of processor performance.

What to do:
Take of the CPU heatsink, clean up all the mess thats under there (the thermal paste probably already got hard as fuck after ~5 years (?) of usage). Make sure you don't damage the CPU while taking the heatsink of, from my experiences theese CPU's often stick to their heatsink because of the 5years old thermal grease. Use a hairdryer and a thin knife to get it off their (the hairdryer has to be pretty hot BUT not too hot!)  Once you got the CPU off you get some fuel or some other extremely strong cleaning stuff and clean off the  rest of the thermal paste. Once youve done that, apply new thermal paste to the CPU (a very thin code, im sure you can find lots of tutorials on youtube) and put the heatsink back on. Make sure it sits tight. Then boot up and check the temperatures.

In other words, it'd be better to ditch this and get a new PC eh lol. Damn this financial crisis. :( Anyway, thanks a bunch man. Now I know what the problem is, I'll see what I can do about it. I need to start saving up for a new PC lol.

:lol:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 03:00:18 PM by Killerstunter »

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2010, 03:11:18 PM »
Well it's not an issue that isn't fixable to put it that way. You could still use the PC without buying a new one :ajaja: But yea it got pretty weak throughout the years.

Luckily stuffs cheap nowadays, I suppose a good DualCore would be enough for you: You could potentially just get a 50€ AM3 Dual Core, a 70€ AM3 board and some DDR sticks for around 50€. PCs are cheap as fuck nowadays and most people don't realise that so they still mess around with their single cores :ajaja:

Offline Radioaktive

• Veteran Member
  • spinning faghorse
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2010, 09:25:32 PM »
Please don't use gas on your cpu  :rolleyes:, mineral spirits is much more civilized  :euro:

Offline MeetMyMeat

• Veteran Member
  • Enough video games guys
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 12:17:38 PM »

The damn faggot has been camping in heaven ever since.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal